TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 23, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 23, 2015 users admin

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
Oh, my. Meri is playing the "I felt threatened, I'm protecting the family" card. Sorry, Meri, not buying it. You got catfished and you got caught. By the time you figured it out, the whole world found out too, so you don't get to cry like you were scared. You're crying because you were caught hook, line and sinker by a lady catfish. No danger, only humiliation. You need serious help because you felt that you didn't get enough attention when you divorced Kody, and then you regretted it but you couldn't say anything because you would look even more self centered than you already are. Your best friend Robin isn't so quick to help you because she knew about this and didn't help you. No good deed goes unpunished. You lost your number one wife status and it doesn't look like Robin is willing to give it back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't feel the same way.

And next week the TLC Interrogator gets to ask her questions.. as she does for several of these programs.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
ITA Lardbrick and I'm not even 1/2 way through the DVR taping. Meri has regrets but reminds herself that this move < the divorce> was for the kids. Yes she was likely lonely and got busted big time. It is sad that this happened and I truly wonder how she got targeted if that is indeed the case. Her "woe is me the world is after me attitude " is quite tiresome.
I like most everyone still no fan of Kody who thinks he is all that and a big bag of chips with French onion dip.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I wasn't surprised at Meri saying something to the effect that she knew it was a scam/fake .. but she liked the attention...(She has to save face somehow) my question is .. she has (if they are still doing the wife rotation with Kody) .. at least 7 nights TOTALLY ALONE with him..each month.. why couldn't she talk about it with him then.. no kids in the house .. she has him ALL TO HERSELF! .. But then he is clueless as well .. based on last episode where he said absolutely nothing while she was saying what she was saying in the restaurant (unless they totally edited out anything he said.. but I doubt it.)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I get the feeling he doesn't equally bide his time between the 4 wives as claimed.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I did say back when the divorce was announced online, that maybe Meri would wise up and leave. lol I noticed that before Meri even mentioned leaving, Robin was telling her to just let them know where she goes and that she's ok. I think at that point all Meri had said was she needed to change/do something.
I find it interesting that Janelle seems to admire Robin so much just for speaking her mind and "mouthing off" to Kody. Robin definitely has assumed the "number one wife" role to the point of being condescending, especially towards Meri.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I thought that Robin seemed like she knew something about this. Did Meri already tell her? I had already deleted my recording of last night, but I thought Kody said something about when you marry someone you are in love, but a few years into it that person can become your worst enemy.. Did I make this up, or did he say something like that ? If he did..about whom do you think he was talking about?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't hear worst enemy, but I also have deleted the show.

I thought he was talking in general, and while thinking of f his daughter and her guy..

Bidasea, hard to trust tabloids, but there are allegations that Robyn has a friend who somehow knew of this catfishing of Keri, and told Robyn, who said nothing to warn Keri.

And the dark part isn't just the catfishing but the threats to blackmail Meri into silence.

And people had to know s h e would be more vulnerable what with the empty nest, Robyn all pouty that Keri might want to go back to school, get back to a job with kids, instead of supporting Robyn's dream, giving up legal and first wife status, for Robyn's kids. And if Jody spent any time beyond a lunch to thank her, TLC must have missed that footage.

Robyn is at the bottom of my list and Kody is down there with her.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
did anybody else think Kody had almost no reaction at all? His wife is saying, I'm thinking of leaving and he said nothing. They all reacted oddly.. If this is a marriage of 5 people and one person says I think I might leave, shouldn't the others at least be hurt? They all seemed to be very, oh, ok.. we thought something was up, good to know, keep in touch and let us know how it's goin'

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 16, 2015 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I PVR'd it and will look at it and get back to y'all.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I was shocked that Kody sat there as if he were mute. She could have told him one on one. She is a drama queen who legally is a single woman who is looking to mingle.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't watch this show on anything even remotely like a routine basis, but I rather feel sorry for Meri - and indeed all of these women. They all seem hopelessly naïve to me. I feel they were raised on a rather protected society/religion and they don't seem to know what to do with themselves without having a male authority figure in their lives. I think that is especially true of Meri. Although she annoys me (especially that bad makeup) I do not think she knows what to do with herself now that her husband has basically deserted her and her daughter has gone off and moved away.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ITA Roxi, I feel likewise about Meri and her situation.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. So much judgement. I actually felt sorry for Meri. I had something similar happen to me during a very vulnerable time in my life. I, like Meri, was already depressed and then to have someone take advantage emotionally. I wasn't married and didn't have to explain myself to anyone, but it was still humiliating and hurtful. I think Meri's afraid of Kody and the other wives' reactions. She never intended this to happen, but someone took advantage of her emotional state of mind. I'm willing to offer her a little compassion.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
so sorry Babyjaxmom! I, too see that Meri is so vulnerable now.........empty nest, & giving up legal 1st wife to Robyn.....she's got to be going thru some major issues and she needs to only come here to TVCH for friends!

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I have watched since their first season. I feel terrible for Meri. After she had her daughter and couldn't have another, she had to watch Kodys other wives pregnant (sometimes two at a time). Then when Meri becomes an empty nester Robyn is pregnant. Usually when your last child is out of the house you and your mate can do all of those things you didn't have time for when you were parenting. Kody is still in the fatherhood stage while Meri is feeling just empty.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good observation, Bidasea. I know the rest of the family seem to have made an effort to include Meri, and the kids all seem to love her, but her house must seem awfully empty with Mariah gone. She really does need to go back to school or get a job. Something to occupy her time and give her a new purpose.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Empty nesting is not easy even with a spouse at home with you all the time. Motherhood is such a big part of your life and then they are living on their own and you do feel a bit lost. I feel sorry for Meri and can see that it was easy to fall into whatever good things someone was saying to her at the time. I don't believe she was worried about what was going to happen to anyone else but was worried about her place in the only real family she has. I don't blame her and I don't blame any of the other wives or Cody for that matter. Unfortunately, they choose this lifestyle and there are things that are going to come along, like their kids growing up and still little ones coming along. I hope it works out for them in only the best possible ways for their family. I hope Meri finds some peace within herself.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I'm torn. I do see how she doesn't fit in well with the rest of the family. But, she thought it was a man and she was talking on the phone to him. This wasn't an online conversation only. She made the conscious decision to increase to phone conversations. She is in the public eye. She has to know that people out there watch her and know who she is. She has to be extra careful.

We all know when we are stepping over a line that we shouldn't be, don't we? Regardless of the reason, we still know. We make the choice and we live with the consequences. A married woman knows when she is talking with a "man" and not sharing the conversations with her husband.

I believe "they" were trying to extort her so she had to come clean. She can't afford 4 years of extortion like Charlie Sheen.

Even with my belief that she knew what she was doing was not right, I still feel for her. She gave up her "1st" wife status and I don't care how many plyg families say that there isn't a feeling behind that but there has to be. Human nature has to subconsciously be concerned with the "pecking" order.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, November 19, 2015 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Just goes to show she isn't satisfied with "sharing" any longer.

She should take the next step and leave that ridiculous situation all together.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Robin seems to make everything about her. My heart goes out for what Meri is going though, but Robin is crying and feeling like Meri should have come to her. Maybe its's just me, because I liked the family dynamic before Robin came into the picture. I just don't like Robin.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lol, Country ~ I was going to comment that just when someone else might get two minutes more of attention, Robyn breaks out the tears to make their situation her own. Then again, I think Meri is a drama queen as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 3:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I liked Janelle wanting to put on armor and ride in defense!

Their whole world is different.. for most it would be wrong that her husband has 3 other wives and so she talked on the phone and was reeled in. She's human.

Robyn indeed seems to always want to suck up the attention.

I suppose they will start next season showing that courtroom scene for the 100th time.. and of course we will have to see Robyn give birth again.

It is interesting to hear the older kids.. no one of them feels they could be polygamous, that it would be too hard and yet they say their kids will miss out on something most of them seem to have loved. Still those who end up living near each other will have cousins for their kids so it should be ok.

Oddly, I've been reading a book by a woman 50 years of polygamy about her convoluted life with just one sister wife. The book went on FOREVER and only at the end she revealed that she is Christine's aunt. I remember back in season one (I think) the Browns went to be on a panel about polygamy and Christine was extremely nervous and upset because her aunt was going to be there.. well this is the aunt. The woman is now active in helping people escape polygamy. She says the group she was in the Browns are in (or were when the book was written?) but some of the family was in the Warren Jeffs group.

Anyway I remember this woman from the show, and not in a positive way.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Janelle reaffirms every time she speaks why she is my fav. Christine would be fun to hang out with. I feel for Meri & honestly had no problems with her drama/tears while she was explaining what she had been through & is still going through. Robyn has always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason & still does!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought it strange she never really mentioned Kody specifically. Never really directed anything towards Kody but the family as a whole. She only mentioned how sorry she was for the family. Did she say she really loved " the man" or only said she loved him to appease him?