TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 15, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 15, 2015 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I sure hope the adoption storyline has met it's demise, it was endless. At first I thought the "faux" portrait of Kody and the 3 adopted children was just a little over the top as if trying to place him into their lives when they did not know the existence of each other. But then I changed my mind a bit, but would have suggested instead a random shoot of Kody and the 3 children as a gift.
What Meri did was kind, but I still don't "get" this lifestyle unless women had this opportunity as well. Make it "win, win" for one and all.
actually that might make a great skit on SNL.
Still Meri and Robyn's endless sad voices, crying bores me, just bores me. Christine is a tad loud but passionate but Janelle is just calm and reasonable.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Janelle is my favorite wife. She's just so down to earth and seems like the one I'd most enjoy being friends with. Next is Kristine, then Meri and Robyn at the bottom. Brianna and Aurora are total crybabies, just like their mom, especially Aurora!

Marameko, did you ever see the episode (might have been first season) when Meri asked Kody to think about how he would feel if the tables were turned and he was one of several husbands and he had to share his wife(wives) with another man. He was absolutely sickened by the thought of it. "Totally unnatural." It's a totally misogynistic lifestyle, and I'm sorry, but Joseph Smith was a pervert. After "receiving the prophecy," he would just tell other men that God had told him their wives should be his. He took women that were already married to other men and would just say, "God told me you are my wife now." [I sincerely hope there are no Mormons in here, because I'm sure I just offended all of them. Sorry.]

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
This season has been awfully boring. Maybe The catfish episode will put some life into this show.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
The adoption story line was way too drawn out just like Robyn's jewelry story line was a few seasons ago. Is Robyn the most interesting person in this family????? She gets a lot of focus just like Meri does. I want more of Janelle & her bunch & even Kristine & her bunch. I also like the story lines that focus around the older kids & what's going on with them. Robyn & Meri do seem to have the most drama - even though their drama isn't very interesting to us viewers. TLC may not feel Janelle or Kristine to be as interesting because they handle situations so much better than the other 2.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
No BabyJ I did not see that story line... the nerve and audacity of Kody. when I see him driving a snazzy convertible it ticks me off, all those kids he could at least have a Denali SUV.
Janelle is my fav as well, she is smart ,and articulate. I want to say she is sensible , but I don't "get" being married to anyone with multiple wives.

And Texasdeb the jewelry storyline was drawn out, no mention of it any longer.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
In Kody's defense, I think that convertible was a reward for a sales competition in his other job. It might be a lease. He doesn't need to drive an SUV, cause all his wives have big cars. If they have to take the kids, they use the wife's car.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It isn't just this show.. TLC is doing these stupid 15 minute preview shows or "first look" shows that my DVR records as a show, then they repeat all that in subsequent shows. 90 Day Fiance is the same and some other shows I record and I would imagine some I don't record.

I thought that picture that tried to recreate history WAS a bit tacky. But they liked it, I guess.

I do enjoy their celebrations, have to admit.

And since they choose the lifestyle and show absolutely no compulsion to have child brides, keep their children ignorant and un educated or even push their children to stay in their church, I see nothing perverse about them.

But, I certainly have heard enough about the adoptions

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am watching Arranged since some people were discussing it. And I have to say that is almost farther out than the Browns in terms of people not knowing each other.. the gypsy family is SO controlling!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I remember before Robyn when they all lived in that 1 big house w/3 separate "wife" areas. The 3 wives each had a role they played in making the situation work: Meri worked & kinda had the persona of being the main wife. Janelle worked & also controlled the finances. Kristine was the stay at home mom that watched the kids. It seemed to work.

Now, I can't get a grip on the roles.....do any of them have jobs? Is this show their main source of income? Does Cody even have a job? Robyn came in & never had a job or watched anyone else's kids. Was she added because she was younger & could keep adding "Cody" babies?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Janelle has a job, or two.. She is doing the real estate thing, for sure.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Yes, Cody has said a few times that he looks to Robin for future children as his other wives are pretty much done with having kids.
I thought it was funny that Janelle said that she had never seen Robin be so "mouthy" to Cody before. Well, now she can, she has the legal marriage so she can be a b itch if she wants to. lol

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 09, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Last night's ep was of their summer vac to Alaska. All kids were on the trip except Janelle's 2nd son, Hunter who was at way at Air Force Academy (or something like that). Janelle's oldest son, Logan even brought his girlfriend. Maddie, Janelle's oldest daughter's boyfriend even showed up. This ep had a lot more of the kids in it (not just Robyn's) & I liked how the young couples walked around holding hands & even hugged - that's more normal to me than how the Duggars act when they're "courting".......

Robyn did have her big baby gender reveal but they actually didn't make that all about her & they involved the 2 youngest kids in the process of the reveal.

Previews show Meri's tearful confessional about something she's done - presumably, this will be the beginning of them sharing the catfish thing.

That little Truly (Christine's youngest) is sure a character & the camera time she got was cute.

I agree with Garrison (Janelle's 3rd son) that that little Soloman (Robyn's bio kid w/Cody) was acting like a spoiled brat & his parents were allowing it. However, I agree w/Janelle & Cody that it wasn't Garrison's place to reprimand Soloman. That Soloman is a little cutie but I can tell he's somewhat of a handful.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 09, 2015 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So is that truely. When they are interviewing the family as a whole it shows Truely taking solomans hand and punching him in the face with his own hand. She's always VERY active ,I think she has hyperactivity disorder but I've never had kids so she may just be a typical little girl.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 09, 2015 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Garrison was a little bit jealous of Solomon and that he didn't get called on his behavior. Solomon is TWO. Two year olds are just learning to act like human beings. You pick your battles. And it's certainly not Garrison's place (or anyone other than a child's parents) to correct him. I felt this way, too, before I had children. Solomon is a sweet little boy, but every little one has their moments of not so nice behavior. He's learning.

I find Truley a little too precocious for her own good. A little bit of her goes a long way.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 09, 2015 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking it was Truely that taught Soloman how to ball up his fist and hit in the first place.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 09, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
those 2 youngest kidos (in all their natural honesty) bring a smile to my face when they get camera time. Truely comes by being precocious honestly - look at her Mom & how over excited she gets sometime. However, I would much rather watch them than Robyn & Meri all of the time.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Monday, November 09, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
I really dislike Robin and find Meri very depressing.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
As much as I like Janelle I had never noticed Savannah until recently.....Madison is the spitting image of Janelle < with dark hair > and I knew who Logan was and now I know Garrison. Not sure how I missed Savannah.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I suspect that Truely was the only baby, the youngest and treated specially..

Solomon came but by then they were in multiple homes, and then Truely was sick and they thought she wouldn't live, so I imagine she gets away with more than most kids.

I love Janelle, but it sounds like she was a major breadwinner outside the home, with Christine being the stay at home mom.

Janelle's kids seem to question things more and the boys are more outspoken. It was her boys who questioned moving to Vegas more openly and who question Kody more as well.

(and I don't see questioning as a bad thing overall.. but of course best to leave parenting to the parents)

Even though all three original wives have older kids, Janelle has the two already paired off plus one prepping for Air Force Academy..

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Are these women really even sister wives anymore? They seem more like 4 women who live in the same cul de sac and are accepting of the fact that their husband is having affairs all over the neighborhood. It's more like Knots Landing than some faith based alternative family unit.

Also, what ever happened to Meri deciding to go back to school?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
They haven't shown anything about any of them working, Meri's schooling, or Janelle's working out. Robyn's kids getting adopted have been the main storyline this season and way too overdone if you ask me. Tonight is supposed to introduce Meri's catfish scandal. I guess that will be the focal story for the remainder of this season.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
well this is kind of my point, There are Meri story lines, Janelle story lines, Christine, Robyn... but none of the individual (and relentlessly teased by TLC) storylines amount to much or effect the rest of the family.
As I gaze into my crystal ball I predict after 3 episodes of sad Meri talking empty nest and loneliness we'll get her vague confession about an online scam as a season ender, we'll see Christine angry because of how this effects her, Janelle will be sympathetic but removed and Robyn will cry and be judgmental while Kody will talk some confused pseudo wisdom understanding yet chastising gobbledygook that appears to mean Meri will be history, we'll be teased again with sound bites that the "family" is breaking up until the next season starts at which point it will never be referred to again, and next season will feature Christine traumatically learning to swim.
Because ultimately, the life of one wife doesn't really effect the life of any of the others, they aren't so much sister wives as neighbors who each have some sort of relationship with the neighborhood buffoon and show up on the neighborhood L shaped sofa in front of a camera crew now and then and collect their paycheck.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well they did go to Alaska, and introduce significant others of two of the kids who are not Robyn's.

😱

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Isn't tonight the season finale? I thought that was said at the end of last weeks episode.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
this is supposed to be the season finale, Sugar, but my online schedule says that next Sunday there will be a "Tell All".