TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 03, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 03, 2015 users admin

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Yep.. I was doing the "numbers" in my head .. Ocean front... Two car garage... close to Summertime...(Couldn't figure out if it was before the Summer rush or at the end...) multiple bedrooms.. very nice looking interior ... More than likely it was actually someone on "staff" who owns it.. (Imagine the added cost for permission to film ..) Rental for the week would have been quite a pretty penny (or by my guesstimate a minimum of $2,500 - and I am low-balling that... just for the rental... )

Knowing what it cost for my parents to rent a week - two weeks - five weeks on 31st street (after my grandparents sold theirs back in the early 70's - and little known fact .. where their property was .. it's now someone's garden - the people who were next door bought the property .. tore down and made it a yard! - If you google Miramar Drive and look at the satellite view just past "G" street on the peninsula you can find it! LOL!)

So off topic but having good memories.. I was in Newport last in August 2009 ..

They probably got their groceries "near free" for filming and advertising the grocery store as well..

And now I want a frozen banana or a Balboa bar really bad!

Again - I kept wanting to see more...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The beaches looked not so crowded, there was red white and blue hunting out, could have been just there or a holiday and they were out of school.

Most of the trips on these shows are comped, I think..this was modest in comparison to many of them. But still fun.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking this was filmed way back in the spring. They are usually several months behind when they show things. Wasn't it around Christmas time when they filmed the big announcement to the kids that they were going forward with the adoption? I think it was about a year ago that they announced that Meri had divorced Kody.

The vacation looked like fun. I'm sure production paid for the whole thing. But when Kody took the kids to that rinky-dink "theme park," I was thinking, Couldn't they have sprung for Disneyland? What a bunch of cheapos! (Maybe D-land didn't want their image tarnished.)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Kody and Christine were in Galveston a couple of episodes back. They were complaining about being chilly, that could be anywhere from Jan-March so Huntington beach was probably soon after that. April?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe July: from a site about shark sitings on the west coast in 2015..

quote:

Sunset Beach — On July 17, 2015 Fran Barron and her husband were Stand-Up-Paddleboarding near Sunset Beach, located in Huntington Beach, Orange County. It was 10:00AM and they had been on the water about 15 minutes. The sky was overcast with a mild wind and an estimated air temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit. The ocean was textured from the breeze near riptides with a depth of 3 – 4 feet and an estimated water temperature of 62 degrees Fahrenheit. No marine mammals were observed in the area. Barron reported;“We paddled South about 0.5 miles from 25th Street in Sunset Beach, to avoid this summer's White Shark feeding area that extends from 25 th Street through Surfside Colony. We rode a small wave in to an area that had a depth of approximately 3 – 4 feet. I jumped off my board to exit the wave then climbed aboard to paddle out. I observed a White Shark, about 7 feet in length, swimming right next to my board, about 1 foot from the side of my board and 2 feet under the surface. I called out to my husband that it was coming his way. The shark continued past me directly toward my husband's board, circled below it and took off toward the shore. The shark swam slowly and deliberately next to me then off toward my husband's board. We both left the area immediately and warned nearby surfers.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Huntington Beach — On July 16, 2015 Daniel Place was surfing at Huntington Beach. It was 6:30 AM and he was 200 – 300 yards from shore. Air and water temperatures were estimated at 65 and 66 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively. Place reported;“I observed a commotion on the surface followed by a single fin swimming in a tight pattern for a several seconds before going under and not resurfacing. I surf 2 – 3 times per week and see a lot of Dolphins and the movement here, and fin shape was very different during this sighting.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

http://www.sharkresearchcommittee.com/pacific_coast_shark_news.htm

They were at Huntington Beach, seemed to be near the pier. Sunset is a bit up the coast from there and was annexed by Huntington Beach not too long ago, must to the disgust of those living in Sunset Beah.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah the site goes backwards.. there were also sightings in June and in April.. but in June there was a sighting at Huntington Beach. April at Dog Beach.

So.. could have been any of those times. But the red white and blue bunting seen on the island .. well that could be for Memorial Day or 4th of July.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 16, 2015 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
People had a short article where Meri explained that the WAS catfished and said that everyone in the family was upset that she was targeted and that they were supportive of her. It was right at the time when they did the divorce.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They finally showed Robyn, or actually she had Meri announce that she was pregnant.. lots of pre-drama where Robyn went on and on about how when she was pregnant with Solomon it wasn't so well accepted.. but that was right after they move, were living separately, stressed, etc. I don't think it was likely to be a repeat but she had to have drama.

Meri has started talking about sudden large weight loss and they are thinking it could be cervical cancer but nothing diagnosed at the time. Hopefully I'm right in thinking that since we've heard nothing, that she doesn't have cancer but you never know.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Whenever they interview the group Ive specifically focused on Mary and she just seems to be checked out. It doesn't even look like she's listening. I'm thinking Christine expects Kody to give her attention, Meri and Janelle have given up. It's all about Robin with him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I was just coming in here to say the same thing about Meri. Just finished watching the last episode, and in all the group interviews, Meri is just sitting there with her arms crossed, looking like she'd rather be anywhere else. She looks depressed to me. I'm wondering about the cancer thing, too. It's just not natural to lose 30 pounds in six weeks. Maybe this was right after the catfish thing and it was stress related.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto. It was VERY apparent Meri was just sitting there looking sullenly, bored.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
"Moody Meri" maybe stressed over the catfish situation that she put herself in, being an empty nester and having fertility issues. I hope that she can get focused and enjoy the next phase of her life. It would be interesting to know if she is helpful to any of the sister wives ( other than Robyn ) with meals child care, car pooling . Christine was at the bottom of the list but Meri has taken that spot while Janelle remains # 1 in my book.
She does have health issues as well.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think it's probably nerves with Meri. I agree with you, Marameko.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I think it's the facial expressions that says a lot. Robyn, has mastered the "smelling poop" look. Christine looks the most cheerful. Janelle looks the most content. Meri just looks miserable.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
smelling poop......lol. She has that as a permanent face. Janelle can give a pretty good stink eye to the other wives too when she wants too.

I felt when they all lived in the one house in Utah, they seemed more close knit as a family. The separate houses has divided them more. Meri sits alone in that big house while the others still have kids at home. Has to be lonely. Plus she always had the advantage of saying she was Cody's legal and first wife. Now she can't do even that.

The catfish situation only showed that Cody doesn't have control over all his wives like he thought he did. Meri will be the first to go if any of them do

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
What is Meri supposed to do? You can't really blame her for getting on her comp & chatting w/others. I think the whole catfish thing was just result of her seeking to fill her time. Lots of bored folks use the internet for someone to "talk" to. I can see how she might feel alone & a bit displaced in that family environment at this time.

These sister wives don't even seem to be what I would call friends. However, Meri does have that big sister role going on w/Robyn.

They just seem more like the wives of a group of male friends that occasionally like to include their wives in couple socializing. The wives will tolerate each other for the sake of their husband's friendships. However, there is only 1 husband!

I will say, all of the kids seem to have a good sibling bond so they've done something right as a family unit.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
re the cervical cancer, when I had it in 1972, there was no mention of HPV, like there is nowadays. If she does have it, then all the other wives need to be checked. Luckily all I had as treatment was a hysterectomy (at 20 years old).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They sure are showing her a lot on her computer this season. We are getting setup for the big reveal soon. They are all getting ready to go to court and they show Meri, sitting at the computer and texting.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The show I watched last night, where they went to court and all the angst ahead of that and then they breezed right through with the adoption..

but there were several group interviews where Robyn was going on and on about being so nervous and frankly, the expressions on Meri's, Christine's AND Janelle's faces looked sort of over it.
It was pretty sweet with everyone being so happy about the kids being adopted. I really do love Dayton!

There were a few people in the court room with the family I didn't recognize. There was a Grandma type woman but I didn't really recognize her as anyone's mom in that group.. and a man and such. I know Christine's mom lives with them but I didn't think that was her.

And they will be wedding planning.

One thing also was sweet, that Meri's sacrifice of official wife was SO well received by her daughter who was so very happy with the adoptions.

I of course noticed the computer scenes too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I actually cried when the judge said he'd approved the adoption! I was sure they were building it up "To Be Continued," so I was shocked it was all over so quickly.

Dayton reminds me so much of my Jack, who is also 15. My son always has to know what the plan is: where are we going, how long will it take to get there, what will happen when we get there? He's not big on surprises. Routine is EVERYTHING.

I also noticed Meri on the computer and talking about how she had "mixed emotions" going through the divorce and all. I wonder if they're going to reveal the catfish situation. I feel bad for her having all that come out in public.

I think Meriah's acceptance of Kody and Meri's legal divorce has a lot to do with her belief in the plural marriage. She has totally drunk the Koolaid and has said she plans to live the "principal." Maddy has not and wants no part of plural marriage. I relate more to Maddy than Meriah.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't get polygamy.........and I am sure I never will.
But I must give credit to Kody and wives for raising what appear to be well mannered nice kids who have welcomed the 3 children into the family.
It was very good of Meri to have sacrificed, I do
wish she had not had the catfish situation and it being so very public.
It will be interesting to see how Meri and Janelle handle their relationship. We all need to stay tuned to see how Meri fares following all this upheaval.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seems Meri has taken a couple of bullets for the family in the name of TV ratings. I wonder if it was really * her* idea to get a divorce or a lawyers? Then to make the catfish thing so public. I find my interest waning anytime Robins story is at the fore front. She's my least favorite,even behind Kody.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I've watched very little of this season for two reasons. The repeated use of the same footage over and over within one episode is off the charts. Combine that with so much focus on Robyn and Meri and I was just bored to death!

So thank you to all who post because that's where I'm getting my updates without having to actually watch, lol.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Looks like from this week's previews that the catfish thing is going to come out. They showed Meri sitting in what appeared to be a restaurant with Kody and the other wives, and she was crying about what she had "brought into this family." Here we go.

I don't get the polygamy thing at all. It seems very sexist to me, but watching the bit of all of them planning the adoption party, I felt a little sorry for Kody. He's definitely outnumbered when all his wives take a stance against him!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
The "catfish" episode is on the 15th

Val