TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 13, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 13, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sounds like it really happened:

http://www.people.com/article/sister-wives-meri-brown-catfished-online-relationship?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

"During an emotional and vulnerable time earlier this year, I began speaking with someone online who turned out to be not who they said they were," Meri tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Saw it on People today. Sad.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-(

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I still don't see it as her having had an "affair". I believe her when she says she never met this person. There is one photo out on the internet of the woman with her at what looks like Disneyland but it's simply a selfie that this catfish woman/person took. Meri was there with her daughter. The catfish could have easily asked Meri to take it with her because she's a fan. Many celebs agree to selfies with fans. The only difference here is that this person then tried to make more of the situation then it is.

Mind you, I really do not care for Meri at all but I still think this catfish person is a stalker who might have potentially wanted to get money out of her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I don't know what it was or wasn't, and don't particularly care. She does admit that there was some kind of relationship.

I only brought it over because people were doubting that anything happened at all, and clearly something did.

I'll just keep her and her family in my prayers. I don't care about the particulars. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Oh no, Karuuna ~ My comments were directed at the article (which thank you for bringing a link over to it) and situation and not to you or anyone else.

I just think this catfish person is an unstable and Meri is taking responsibility for the fact that she ever emailed them back because of the problems that has caused.

Then again, heck, maybe she did have an affair - we'll never know, lol. Believe me, I have no emotional investment in this one - just watching it play out!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 05, 2015 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No worries, Kappy. I was really just adding my opinion, not really responding to yours.

My something "really happened" was rather unclear, I'm afraid. Sorry about that.

Something did happen, we don't know what it is. But Meri does seem to admit to acting inappropriately... or at least "speaking" to this crazy person.

At any rate, like I said, it's private business, as far as I'm concerned. I hate when people are treated that way, and lead on by someone acting falsely.

Sueby

11-18-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
I watched the last episode. The only wife who seems semi happy and sane is Jennelle. Kodi was so rude and hurtful to Christine while building their boat.

Meri seems really removed from the family.

I really felt bad for Robyn's kids. They might be acting joyful now but that has got to hurt that your dad let you go. Maybe not so much now but in the future.

I think when they say Meri had an affair, it is meant as an emotional affair not actually physical.

Just my opinion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bummer about the catfish. Thanks for the link.

I thought it was interesting that Janelle worked hard with her kids on their boat but she didn't feel the need to be IN the boat and the kids did a great job of moving that boat across the pond. And I think their design came from one of the girls. The brother was pretty obnoxious, though.

Kody had to be the showboat in the boat he made with Christine and Robyn and they were one hot mess!

At least they didn't sink.

I suspect many of us are just fortunate that we never had film crews during times of family projects.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I really felt bad for Robyn's kids. They might be acting joyful now but that has got to hurt that your dad let you go. Maybe not so much now but in the future.

I think Robyn's handling of the situation is very healthy and mature. She is reassuring the kids that they can still have a relationship with their biological dad, they can talk to him and see him if they want to, and he still loves them. I love that she's not trying to paint their dad as an evil person. They want to have the last name "Brown" and be a legal part of the family. It must be confusing for them, though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
PS. In their sitdown interviews, it looks like Christine has been dipping into Meri's orange foundation. Ugh. Can't somebody help them with their makeup???

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have to agree about Robyn's kids.. Robyn seems to be making sure that the kids are able to be in touch with their dad and maybe if he has pressure off him he will now be more in touch with them. Who knows..

The older daughter seems the most thrilled and I really think her son is as well, he just emotes differently. I like him! I like all her kids.. actually have to say the Brown kids are a great bunch in general.

From the previews it sounds like the mainstream LDS rejected the daughter who wanted to join because of the TV show and the plural marriage. Seems really short sighted of them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Robyn's son Dayton has Aspergers, which is a form of Autism. He reminds me a lot of my son, who also has ASD. They are very stoic about things and don't always show their emotions, although my Jack is very sensitive and will cry easily, especially about an animal or someone he loves.

Apparently Robyn's ex was behind on his child support and didn't seem to have any medical insurance for his kids. If Kody is able to legally adopt the kids, he'll be able to provide medical coverage for them. I hope the judge will take that into account, especially with Dayton's medical issues.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I know he does but I can tell he is pleased AND puzzled which is quite natural.

I hope it works out for them, too. And for Meri to have gone through the emotion of divorce and not being the legal wife now, I hope there is a big payoff in that the kids will be officially part of the family now.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Maddie is engaged now so I am wondering if things changed with the LDS church.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the fear was/is that the LDS will pressure her to shun her family.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I meant since she is engaged that the LDS accepted her after all, not the fear from her family. But I saw that her husband-to-be is a devout Christian, not a Mormon so I guess it all worked out for her anyway.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
Meri has a scandal going on now. She had a online relationship with a man who was actually a women. Some mag got the details. Read it on TMZ and Radar Online.

I have to say she hasn't seemed happy for some time now. Seems Robin knew about it but didn't say anything. Wonder what that will do to the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dillybean, read up-thread. This has already been discussed. There are also a couple of links you might find interesting.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I noticed in the last episode that Kody made a point of saying that all his other wives were done having children so he looks to Robin for that. Basically, he needed another baby making machine.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read several weeks back that Robyn is already pregnant. I keep waiting for them to announce the news, but it may not be included on this season since I think they filmed several months ago. She probably wasn't pregnant yet then.

Here's the link I posted on July 19th:

http://www.eonline.com/news/668499/sister-wives-robyn-brown-is-pregnant

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One of the tabloids.. UGH, I forget which one.. maybe US (NOT the Star).

Anyway they had a cover story and the gist of the story is that Meri was catfished by this woman who played the part online of the man and his assistant (female with a different name) and Meri met with the woman in Vegas and Disneyland when the supposed guy couldn't make it at the last minute.

But.. the article says a friend of Robyn's who has been on the show, somehow figured out the catfish situation and told Robyn very early on and Robyn just sat on the info and didn't talk to Meri about it. They imply that Robyn wanted to let Meri did a really deep hole and pointed out that it was Meri who got Kody to date Robyn, and has been accepting of Robyn's kids and having to see Roby be able to get pregnant (and is again) and of course got divorced so Robyn could become wife #1.

And Robyn's friend is now claiming that Meri did have an affair not just online with this guy (who the article says doesn't exist).

Who knows but this mag isn't fond of Robyn or her friend I would say.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tonight's show. Kody and five of the girls rented a beach house on Balboa peninsula in Newport Beach. Fun.. I was just down there on Sunday! At Balboa pier. They also went to Huntington Beach. I'm inland just 4 miles but between those two areas.

Where they went on the little ferris wheel in the Fun Zone and Kody rode the mechanical shark, I was right there yesterday watching people ride the shark.

They went to a small grocery, though they really could have gone to a regular market since they had a car and also went inland to Adventure City. Never been there but have driven past it.

It was funny that he called Newport Beach "quaint"..

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 2:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey.. I was thinking the same thing .. since I spent my summers (Well at least two weeks a year) on Balboa peninsula (My grandparents had a duplex)...

I was surprised that they went to the small grocery store (It's located on Balboa Island) .. and then all the way to Huntington Beach when it looked like they were ocean front. (If they came down the hwy into Newport Blvd.. they pass by a lot of grocery stores...)

But when he said they walked the 10 blocks to the "Fun Zone" .. I knew just about where they were staying..

I'm thinking they went to Huntington because surf times in Newport are restricted to mornings ... And the sign of the shark sighting .. much smaller than they usually post (ahem.. plus there would have been an announcement from the life guards)so that had to be staged...

But it all may have been due to filming ..

The "quaint" made my eyebrows raise a bit.. but I would describe Balboa Island that way...

I've never been to Adventure City either... when I'm at the beach .. I stay at the beach! (Well unless we did a day at Disneyland or Knotts.. LOL!)

I also noticed one of the girls got a little sunburned around her neck area.... (So much for promising to apply sunscreen..)

I actually would have loved to see more of their adventure...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I figured Huntington Beach was for surf time, too.

But since that rental had an actual 2 car garage, costly to speed up the coast..

Just funny having walked the Balboa pier on Sunday, and through the fun zone several times on Sunday and eaten at the Pavilion, to see them there.