TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 13, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 13, 2015 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But yellow and red do make orange...

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, you are so right about how the song goes. Orange is not a God given flesh color! However, you can be orange by using artificial tanning methods. Meri needs to put away the self tanners.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
It's better then the stuff they were using in Celebrity Big Brother UK. It looked like they spread poop on their faces until they blended the heck out of it and wiped most of it off, then they did look kind of orange but more like a burnt umber. lol

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Can be orange if you drink a lot of carrot juice.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I still wonder everytime I see Meri on my TV, if she ever watches herself on the show. I've been saying for a long time, she needs to stop with the orange tanner or whatever she's using on her face. It's not attractive. And get a decent haircut. Her hair looks like straw.

I think Janelle, especially, looks much improved since the show started. Her hair is lighter and she just looks healthier and happier. Even Kristine looks like she tries. Robyn is starting to look a little puffy and frumpy. Too much time with Meri.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I noticed the puffiness and thought maybe she is pregnant. She's aged.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, they watch the show, often together, and they tweet.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Lord I am tired of Robyn Robyn Robyn! Enough already! Can Kody not sit next to someone else? Does Kody not have photos of himself with his other wives and their children?

Have they not submitted to adopt her kids already considering that is the ONLY alledged reason for Meri's divorce from him? And if everything is so much about what's legal ~ demanding child support from the biological child should be first up on the agenda.

Oh wait, then she wouldn't have first wife/legal wife status. I keep forgetting the real agenda here.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet, but if she is his legal wife then he may be able to insure the kids without adopting them.. since they are her kids.

But I don't know for sure.

I'm sort of tired of her, too.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sorry - Above, I meant to say that Robyn should be demanding child support from the children's biological father.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
If it were only that easy Kappy!!! Why assume that Robin hasn't already tried getting the courts to enforce the child support? She has been divorced for years. Bio Dad has a track record of non compliance according to what was aired last night. Some ex's have a hard time understanding the difference between supporting their children and giving money to the ex.

I once knew a guy that was court martialed instead of supporting his child. Then years later, after his ex stopped even trying to get support, tried to run from the courtroom, was arrested and spent 30 days in jail, all the time blaming his ex for his own bad choices. He eventually agreed to give up his parental rights if his child support was forgiven. He sold his child in my opinion. I am sure his opinion is different.

How things are supposed to work and the life experience of others are often different. So my assumption is that Meri has information that we may not know about that would allow the adoption to go through with this legal change.

I never underestimate what a mother will go through to help their children and from what I understand all the wives see all the children as their children. The first part of that, I understand. The second part, I am trying to understand.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Fair enough, Mummy. I know my view is biased by my reaction to her. I own up to that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Millions of step moms and dads see non bio children as theirs and these moms are helping to parent the children of the others on a day to day basis. So it isn't far fetched that Meri would feel some responsibility for those other children.

I still haven't watched the last shows. Seems no matter what I do my DVR just doesn't want to record the one marked finale, though it loves to keep recording the one with the antrhopologists coming. I realized this more than halfway through the "finale" and got some of it last night. Then they have the tell all and then they repeat the tell all but not the finale.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
So, Meri wants to turn over her thrown as legal wife to the other wife that she relates to the best & she's even found a viable reason for it. Meri will still be pulling the strings because she's a leader & Robyn is a follower. If the only reason is so Robyn's 3 kidos from her prev marriage truly love Cody as their Dad & their real dad is absent.........then, power to them! I hate bio parents that pawn responsibility off on others.

I feel for Janelle & Christine though. They have 20+ yrs invested in this family. I guess that I just don't understand this lifestyle. Maybe, they just don't want to be the legal wife.

Heck, "I" don't want to be anyone's "legal" wife! I've done a divorce & it's not easy. I've been coupled with "my" man now for 20 yrs & we don't need a piece of paper. You do have to take steps to legally protect your sig. other if you don't have that piece of paper....& we've taken care of it.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 2:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Texasdeb, I don't understand their lifestyle either. That is why I am watching.

I haven't seen that any of them considers one wife as more than the others in the personal relationship department. I am still trying to understand that. Beyond that there has to be a trust with the legal wife among the other wives. Robin is newish, so I understand Janelle's lack of response when given the news. Her first thoughts were about the taxes.......I am sure that there were more financial concerns going through her head than just that years taxes.

The students may not have seen the roles that the different wives fill, but they were looking for different roles than the ones that I see.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Janelle, as she said on the show, just takes a little longer to process change than the other wives. She needs time to figure out if this will affect her and her kids in any way. I don't think it's any kind of a power play by Meri and Robyn. I think it was purely unselfish and a very generous thing for Meri to do to insure that if anything happened to Robyn, the kids would stay with the Brown family who love them as their own.

As a monogamous person, I think it's pretty weird to divorce your husband to allow him to legally marry one of his other wives; but from a polygamous perspective, it makes total sense. I don't think anyone has any underlying motives at all.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I don't think I would trust Robyn to distribute money, property, etc. evenly and fairly when Cody dies, as the legal wife that is one of her duties. Maybe this thought ran through Janelle's mind too. Janelle is the most level-headed of the wives IMO. (I might be completely off base regarding Robyn)

I thought the main reason Robyn and Cody wanted to get married was for insurance - because Robyn's son had an accident and needed lots of aftercare.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Plus Janelle was second in line after Meri. I'd be sort of miffed about that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have never felt that Janelle and Cody were anything more than a "marriage" of comfort (and apparently regular sex judging by the number of kids they have). I think she wanted the lifestyle, not necessarily the man.

I would assume that they have planned their estate for a fair succession of all the families. They would be stupid not to.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Christine & Janelle each have 6 children w/Cody & Meri & Robyn each have 1 child w/him. I see a 1st love bond between him & Meri & I see a romantic love between him & Robyn. (I know, Meri would prob. have many more kidos if her health would have allowed & Robyn hasn't been around that long). But he has obviously spread his sex around. In some animal species, you see a male w/several females that all spawn offspring.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Read this article in the online SF Chronicle this morning. Here's another take on plural marriage. Very different than the Browns' lifestyle, but thought it was interesting.

http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2015/03/11/polyamorous-oakland-family-finds-parenting-easier-with-two-moms-and-a-dad/

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
BJM, that is a fascinating article.,,I can't imagine living that way, but they seem happy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me neither, but I agree. Seems to work for them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Apparently Robyn Brown is pregnant again. No big surprise there!

http://www.eonline.com/news/668499/sister-wives-robyn-brown-is-pregnant

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, September 13, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
New season starts tonight