TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 06, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through August 06, 2015 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Fascinating find Sadies! Thx

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mimi,that's interesting since everything was so soggy when this was being filmed. I guess the whole West Coast is suffering from this historic drought.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
It's true Babyjax. Usually it's not all dried out until August. This year it was dried out in June.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying Alan...and his ramblings, which really aren't ramblings at all. I was worried he was going to tap out.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too and I notice from scenes of next week they featured everyone but Ala,but I did hear his voice over.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
that whole mildew thing got to me. Having lived a long life with an easily distracted mother, she locked my sister and me down the basement of our new house when we were moving in and again the next day when unpacking boxes - I was 2 my sister was 5 and there was no babysitter. Well, turns out the basement was mildew, and it got in our pores, and we had to have our heads shaved and stuff. I vaguely remember being very unhappy being locked down an empty cement basement, but my sister has filled my head with the horrors of being mildew. The was backed up by both my parents and the English speaking grandparents. good thing it was summer because part of the cure was lying in the sun naked. So mildew sounds disgusting. And no way to stop it invading their tents. ugh. All I could think of was my mother saying she was sorry and we were lucky it did not grow in our lungs because that would have been so much worse. I hope these guys do not get mildew in their lungs.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Wow Sadiesmom, that sounds like something that could've been so much worse! I'm sorry that you had to go through something like that. I was really surprised that Mitch said mold was growing on his bow that has never even been wet...but I guess just from being in such a damp environment. This show has been fascinating to me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We lived in Reno for about a year when my son was small. It was so dry there, we kept a humidifier going in his room all the time. When we were moving out, we found a big, black patch of mold on his bedroom wall that was hidden behind some furniture. He'd been coughing for a few weeks and kept coughing for about another month in our new place. I didn't know anything about toxic mold back then, but now I'm sure that's why he was coughing. So glad we moved before it got any worse. He was only 18 months old. Mold can make you really sick.

I think Alan could have a career in voiceover work. He sounds like a nature narrator.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Heads up!

Looks like there are TWO episodes airing tomorrow night (Thursday, July 30).

At 9 pm is what looks to me like a "special" episode called "After the Rescue", followed by a regular episode at 10 pm called "The Hunger".

I'm not sure, but I am guessing that "After the Rescue" is an update about the 6 guys who already tapped out...? I hope it is...I've wondered what those guys think of one another's experiences on the island.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Weird, yesterday, my DVR had both set to record, now it is only showing one new episode (and it dropped After the Rescue as a "new" episode). So not sure what is going on.

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Direct TV doesn't show the After Rescue episode showing until Weds Aug 5th.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Good to know!

Maybe they just changed the schedule today. My TIVO updates the schedule info overnight, so if it was changed today, my TIVO doesn't know it yet!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mine changed this morning, I"m on Comcast.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The frost is hard, I am so surprised Mitch is holding in there for the month, he always sounds so depressed. Next week the shock with Alan, just does not sound like him.
Where are all those log cabins they were going to build? There is a lot of pain in this show. You can feel it through the screen

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the next shows
After the rescue about the 6 guys who left. followed by The hunger where the hunt for food becomes all, one man pushed to the brink.
the next week it is The Freeze where the temperature plummets
then it is Breakdown Palace where everyone fights the isolation

that is episode 9 but not yet the finale - no more listings are available.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
some of Alan's tweets
Alan Kay ‏@AlanKaySurvival Jul 23
Limpet kabobs and slug gravy are better than you think. #AloneShow @History

Alan Kay ‏@AlanKaySurvival Jul 30
Wish I could give Lucas a hug right now. Who's with me? #TeamLucas #AloneShow @History

Alan Kay ‏@AlanKaySurvival Jul 30
Sadly, the fish trap is still on Vancouver Island, all ALONE.... #AloneShow @History

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Alan needs his own show after this.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
You're so right Lakecat. There is something about Alan..he's a great speaker and has so much knowledge!

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last nights show. It was interesting to hear what the guys that were there had to say about what they were doing and what was going on.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I thought everyone of the early tappers would be surprised that they weren't the first ones out. They all seem to be humble.

The winter looks brutal.

Any guesses as to how long the winner will be out there. My sense of time is so bad.

Is each season (winter spring summer fall)about 3 months? So I'm guessing maybe 3-5 months top for the winner????

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
oh oh I think I might have missed an episode? I was on vaca and I deleted a bunch of shows from the DVR but didn't think I deleted an Alone Epi. Will have to check out on demand and see what I missed. Was there a show in winter or just previews of winter last night? Thanks???

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Just previews. :-)

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
phew thanks Karuuna! I'm fascinated by these guts. The boat building was awesome. They are all awesome.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the comment about talking taking them out of their zone was interesting, they felt closer to nature by not saying anything. think it will be a great show tonight.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Lucas seems to be rising above the pack. Along with his boat, he now has a yert (I don't know how to spell it ), and a musical instrument! I loved his song, "This is my 2 note song". The interior of his little home looked quite cozy. It had a shelf one the wall and a fireplace.