TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 10, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through April 10, 2015 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
On The Bait Josh said that Jake is still getting himself together, but he was heartened by the fact that Jake made the decision not to go out on the boat this year - to take the time to do what he had to do to get his head on straight. He said that Jake is still co-owner of the boat and he hopes that he is able to be an active part of the Cornelia Maria in the future. But I definitely got the impression that Josh knows there is no room for drugs in crab fishing (and I think the other captains would come down hard on him if he didn't take that stand).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
What a tease, that Sig's daughter was going to be on the boat....damn. Maybe next year.

Prediction - Jake Anderson is sweet on her...could there be a little romance in the future? If this was fiction, that's how I'd write the story.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, since Jake Anderson had a highly publicized wedding where Sig officiated I doubt that would be a good storyline!

I'm not sure that Sig's daughter's time on the boat is over. I suspect she will be back. She's going to go home and badger her mother and if mama says yes then Mandy will be on the boat.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So season finale tonight.

Mandy was on the Northwestern part of the season and earned her jacket, but Sig doesn't really want her to take up fishing. She still thinks she wants that.

Cornelia Marie had a good season and on The Bait, Josh said that the captain who went with him and did some training has now bought into the CM so is part owner. He also thinks Jake may be back next season.

Elliot was still Elliot and brought his new girlfriend along as a cook and bedmate. He got sick which pushed off their start but seemed to have a good season.

Good two hour finale!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was a great finale, but it was last night :-)

One part that had me laughing....As soon as Junior said "I don't want to jinx myself but...." I knew he had jinxed himself....LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 2:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. well for me it was mostly tonight. I watched The Bait last night and barely started on the show but was just too tired since I was recording the second showing instead of the first since I was recording other stuff then.

That was funny.

I'm glad the now new co-owner of Cornelia Marie went ahead and rallied up the guys to move her despite Josh being unavailable with a full mailbox. Being the owner of something so valuable, Josh needs to be available.. but glad the other guy now is an owner too. He seems so solid, knowledgeable and reliable.

But last night or tonight.. I thought I'd find the thread since people didn't seem to be discussing the season (including me)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Casey is part owner of the CM - he seems to bring experience and stability that is needed. Josh's evolution over the years has been interesting to watch...it looks like he might be on the road to actually growing into the responsible boat owner he aspires to be (and the voice-mail thing - his VM might have been full because he has been on the boat and he might have been on a plane where most people turn off their phones? Nevertheless he obviously has some improvements, but I'll bet he was glad Casey was still on board...but of course who tied up at that dock in the first place knowing a hurricane was inbound?).

I really don't like Elliott. He is also given to making pithy remarks about the other captains.

Junior coming in in a wheelchair was pretty funny. I hope he finds a responsible person to step in and take over his boat.

I understand that Sig expects Jake Anderson to be loyal to him, but the reality is that Jake Anderson is way down the line in the pecking order to be in charge of the Northwestern. Jake - when he has enough experience (which it certainly doesn't seem like he had when he went to the other boat) should pursue a boat which will move him to the captain's chair. You can't stay on deck forever, says every crewmember on the show!

I find the situation on the Time Bandit sad. I guess that's the problem with having two strong personalities as captains and then having your children working on board. I know Andy wants Jonathan's son to work year-round on the boat and he doesn't seem to want to make that commitment, but I hope it doesn't fracture Jon and Andy's relationship.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They had shown Josh at the bar toasting the season with Phil's favorite shots. I think Casey just expected that with the horrible weather, Josh would have been available to take his call about the CM.

I'd also think Casey would have known if Jake was flying home.. I don't know if CM stays at Dutch Harbor when they are not out working on her or not.

A lot could be explained and it could have been this incident and others that convinced Josh and Jake and ? to let Casey buy in, making him an owner and able to more easily make decisions like the one they showed him making last night.

On The Bait they certainly seemed fine with each other.

I agree on Elliot, not sure I would EVER like him for many reasons.

Seems a time of transition as our original cast is aging and feeling the effects of all those years of hard work.. Phil of course was big loss. But that seemed to be a theme on The Bait too.

I know I have come to like some of the captains so much but do realize that this very show has not only brought in some extra money but has made them familiar and given them other opportunities for income.. like Sig's coffee and others making ads and who knows.. I know Sig wants to do DWTS.. So they may not HAVE to do Deadliest Catch or stay out there for life and they are showing us how complicated the line to the capatain's chair can be.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Josh appreciates what Casey has brought to the boat and realizes that he (like his father before him) needs to take on that partnership to bring stability to the Cornelia Marie (it also makes me wonder how much progress Jake has made since he would have been Josh's first choice for partner - and of course I assume he still has some ownership interesting in the CM). I think Casey and Josh are just fine.

I'm sure Casey knew Josh was flying out.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
But also, they have been working with 'borrowed' pots and equipment, some torn. Bringing in Casey as co-owner brings in money as well as team discussion about what needs to be managed first.

So far it doesn't appear that Jake could contribute much in terms of money or discussion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watching again and Josh was on the plane before the storm hit.. So he wasn't local.. just had a full voice mailbox.

When Josh speaks on The Bait, he sometimes sounds so much like Phil..

Yes, on the Bait they both announced that he was now a part owner of CM.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 11, 2014 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My DVR recorded a "Ten Years of Deadliest Catch" show over the last few days that was all about the Deadliest Catch crews and their preparation and how they get picked to go on boats and stuff like that -- plus it had lots of footage of the Cornelia Marie situation and how they were already pretty much wrapped up filming on that boat for the season. It was really interesting.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 11 starts Tuesday, April 14.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am so ready for a new season of DC!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Count me in!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Interesting show last night. I always like it when you see the captains' perspective of what was shown on their boat. My heart was especially sad for Jonathan and Andy over the situation with Scotty. It is also going to be interesting to see whether the captain who had major back surgery tries to make a return.

Can't stand Elliott still but will say that he loves his children. He just needs to grow up!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I'm so disappointed I missed this show. Was this the season opener?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, it was a review of last season, for the most part.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rvon, the season 11 premiere isn't until the April 14. Last night it was looking at things from season 10.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. I'll set my DVR for next week.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They probably will repeat the show I saw last night.

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
What I thought was interesting on the show this week was the scenes that were not on the series. It also gave you more insight on stuff that happened. Like because of the way Scott asked Andy for the quota he won't be back on the boat anytime soon. He really pissed off Andy. Also Josh was flying home because of a memorial for his father. Casey volunteered to take the boat back home for the season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, sometimes you get a skewed perception of what the real situation is.

I don't know though - I'm on the fence about Josh not staying with the boat. I suspect Phil would have been kicking him in the keester if he had seen that!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On the 10th at 3pm they are running Deadliest Catch: Legend of the Northwestern which is a good show..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 10, 2015 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching that... so worth watching.