TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 19, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
BeverlyC, the anthropologist guy was talking about going to Colorado City, Arizona, home of the FLDS, which is the fundamentalist group ruled by Warren Jeffs.. Kody and family are not part of that cult.

And the Browns didn't live in Colorado or in Arizona, for that matter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meri was also going to school and working when they went public and she lost her job because of that and then they moved away from her college.

I think probably Meri went through with this for Robyn's kids to be Kody's dependents and I'm hoping as a divorced woman she can qualify for grants to continue paying for her own education so she can get a job she loves.

But Christine and Janelle could be pissed by all of this with Robyn.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Seamonkey. I must have misheard. The professor said something like, "Kody has 4 wives and that may not be all" then the thing about Colorado so it seemed he was still talking about the Brown Family.
I'm interested in who the students name as the "love wife" (presumably Meri), who is the "sex wife" (I'm thinking it's Robin now but might have been Christine before) and who is the "mothering wife" (definitely Christine before the move), as the professor asked them to define. Where does that leave Janelle? Kody and Janelle had both said previously that theirs wasn't the most romantic relationship, more of a business partnership and Janelle was a major contributor to the family finances before they moved to Vegas. However,it was romantic enough for her to have 6 kids with him.
I agree with Kappy about Robin wanting to keep popping out kids...why?

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
One point might be that should anything happen to Kody, as a wife of more that 14?years, Meri could still get Social Security benefits for herself and any children. My opinion is that she's trying to get Robin started for her 14?years.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
The professor again seemed to be talking specifically about Kody and the Brown family in this episode, when he talked about every woman he brought to Colorado City being invited to be part of "this man's" family. I watched that part of the conversation 3 or 4 times just to be sure. I even saw the replay of the last episode where he tells the female student, "Kody has 4 wives and that may not be all". The student then asks, "Should I wear a wedding ring?" The professor responds, "That wouldn't matter because every woman that I brought to Colorado City has been propositioned to be part of his family".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watched it as well. He was being vague, but I'm sure he meant that when he went to study the people of the FLDS cult in Colorado City, Arizona, he brought a female along and she was propositioned.

Recently he went to study Kody and his wives and family, who are not FLDS, but are polygamist, and currently live in Las Vegas, Nevada and brought the current female co anthropologist and joked to her about being asked to be a sister wife.

Nowhere do I read into that anything said or done by any of the Browns.. just a rather lame joke by that male anthropologist.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So was this show not on last night? I looked at my DVR and no new episodes.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It was on yesterday Lakecat along with a second hour that was focusing on Meri in the same way that an episode focused on Robyn last week.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dang. No repeats?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1075467/sister-wives-review-meris-divorce-hardships-revealed-season-6-episode-9

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Interesting Konamouse. You'd think TLC would provide insurance for Robyn and her children.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't get why Robyn's ex does not provide insurance and with money from the show all should have decent insurance.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
What about insurance for all the other children, the ones of the mothers who aren't legally married to Kody? Apparently they aren't covered, except for he and Mari's daughter. Is it because Robyn has the youngest and may have more?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think you have to be legally married to someone to have insurance. There are lots of divorced parents who provide insurance for their children. My husband and I didn't get married until two years after our son was born, and DH was always able to provide DS with insurance.

I think perhaps Kody wants to legally adopt Robyn's children, so that if anything should happen to him or Robyn, they could stay with the family.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that makes more sense, about keeping the family together if something were to happen to Kody or Robyn.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the anthropologists' visit. About the Colorado City, Kody and his wives never lived there, that is where the Jessups and the Jeffs and other FLDS families propagate.

Kody doesn't pick up his wives that way.

Kody is a total dog! On the Meri show, his comment that he has forgiven Meri for bringing that up then getting the push back from the other wives, he suddenly has an apology. I have never felt like Meri fit in with him but she comes from this and thinks she should live this way.

I think she would flourish on her own, maybe even enjoy a couple of husbands.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I've often wandered if some of the women that "enjoy" being sister wives that live this life style are closet gay or bi-sexual. I don't understand the lifestyle, so I'm prob. way off in this thought. Meri's close bond w/Robyn is an example that makes me wander.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've thought the very same thing about Meri,Deb.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the point was that all the kids from the first three wives are Kody's kids and thus he could insure them, same with Solomon but without being legally married to Robyn, her first kids could not be covered.

My gaydar doesn't even begin to twink with any of these women.

My DVR seems to be ignoring the Meri show.. hope I catch it sometime.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Meri's hair is driving me crazy..........it looks like it was cut with a butter knife and is in desperate need of deep conditioning.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too!!! Meri looked so much better when this show started. Her hair looks terrible and she needs some help with her makeup, too. She's always so orange!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
And I thought it was just me....Babyjax misery loves company !

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wonder if some ppl just look orange on TV but not in real life.
I can't imagine why Speaker of the House Boehner, Donald Trump and Meri wouldn't try and fix that. It's as easy as changing makeup color.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
as the song goes....."Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Yellow, ORANGE, black & white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world."

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought the song went, "Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight." I don't think Jesus loves the orange ones. ;-)