TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 09, 2015 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
If this is true, all of the other wives should be mighty ticked. Hopefully Meri will take him for all that she can; this maybe the beginning of the end as this could break up the family.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I am shocked that he has done this! Wow just wow.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's a little shocking, but I've heard of this happening in other plural families. (Wasn't this discussed and maybe even done on Big Love? Didn't Bill divorce Barb and legally marry one of the other wives for some reason?) There's probably a logical reason behind it, and I'm sure they all discussed it beforehand. I was thinking maybe he wanted her and her children to have health insurance, or perhaps he does want to adopt her kids and can only do so if they're legally married. I don't think it means the family is falling apart. Obviously their marriage is different than what we monogamous people experience. I wouldn't get too excited about it.

Here's the article I saw on E. They don't really discuss the why though.

http://www.eonline.com/news/621231/sister-wives-kody-brown-divorces-one-woman-to-marry-another

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope if this is the case and I guess it is, that Meri can qualify for student loans and get some benefit from this but it just seems all kinds of wrong, to me.

Kaysarluvsme

08-06-2005

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
This latest tidbit of information just confirms to me that this will come off my viewing list. Kody is SO annoying, but favoring one "wife" over your first legal one is beyond sane. It's obvious he favors Robyn and is doing this because of her ex husband and her previous kids. Blech

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Interesting. When there are laws that hamper their lifestyle, they protest. But when there are laws that help their lifestyle, they have no problem taking full advantage of those, and even exploiting them.

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
Christine's drama over Ken's remark was over the top. She finds anything that she can to draw attention to herself even if it means causing others to feel uncomfortable.
Meri still has a come to Jesus meeting with Janelle. Can't wait to see that.
Robin acts entitled and it's not attractive.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I would think that Janelle would walk, sell her house and be rid of this messy arrangement.As for Christine....she would blow a gasket .

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I still think they certainly would have discussed Kody divorcing Meri and legally marrying another wife. He doesn't seem to dictate to them at all. I wouldn't do it, but it's their lifestyle choice and I understand situations like this aren't uncommon. We're reacting to it the way we would in our own relationships. I certainly wouldn't like my husband divorcing me for someone else, but then I'm not in a polygamist marriage in the first place. As monogamists, most of us can't judge.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Janelle and Christine don't have anything to lose but Meri did. As hard to get along with as Meri is, I'm surprised she agreed to it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Why would Janelle and Christine sit by and let Robyn become #1 with legal ties to Kody and they have zip ?
It seems to me they should be looking out for their children and that by doing this he is showing favoritism to Robyn. I am still not convinced this actually happened until I hear it on the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
They never have been first wife, they've always been second fiddle. Howeve, Janelle was 2nd in line for the benefits so I'd have raised hell if I was her.

Tmagicsaq

03-26-2004

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tmagicsaq a private message Print Post    
They did it because the children of the younger wife are not tied to him by blood. The other children are (and Robins youngest). I think it had to do with Robins son and the accident he was in. In this life style, the money needed for his or the others care would impact the family. While i think it is gross and i would not stand for it... i also would not be in that lifestyle to begin with.
In the end... as gross as Kody is.. why would they want to be legally tied to him? If they see the family not functioning as it had once, then maybe NOT being the legal wife is not such a "bad" thing.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Meri, being divorced from Kody and having no younger children to raise, may take this opportunity to get the hell out of the whole thing. Probably not but it would make it much easier for her to move on and pursue her own interests such as going back to college now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think we're all measuring this by our monogamous standards. Their whole lifestyle is different than ours. In their world, Meri may have been the legal first wife, but that didn't give her any more status in their hierarchy. I totally agree that this was done for the advantage of Robyn's children from her previous marriage. I don't see that any of the other wives would object to that, cause they're all about the children. Will be interesting to see if they show this on the show. If they do, it probably won't be till next season since it seems to have just taken place.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Didn't Meri actually kind of pick out Robyn to be wife #4? Meri & Robyn are & have always been close since Robyn came into the pix. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing wasn't Meri's idea. I can see some jealousy on Christine's part because she's always seemed to have a bit of jealousy towards Robyn. I really don't see this being anything more than a financial decision for this family. Who knows, Robyn's X may be causing them some flack as well. I do hope that they address this on their show since they've chosen to share their lives via this show, it only makes since that they would include this.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
An official statement. A " restructuring".
http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2015-02-04-sister-wives-tlc-kody-brown-polygamy-divorce-legally-restructure#.VNLDGkZOKJI

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Well the picture of the wives with Cody's hand on Robin's belly explains something...

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Yes, Meri actually seems to be the one to initiate relationships that Kody has with "new" women. It almost seems like she is incapable of having a female friend without trying to bring her into the family.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Did anyone hear the anthropology professor say that every women he brought to Colorado (did the Browns live in Colorado at one time?) was propositioned to be in their family? Unbelievable.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was really bothered by how Mary, Robyn and Christine were questioning Janelle's daughter as to why she wants to join the LDS church. Other older kids in the family are just as independent as grown kids will be and yet I don't remember them being put under scrutiny on camera like that. I think the daughter sees exactly how her mother is treated and that might just be part of her the reason for her decision.

I keep thinking Robyn is in all this just for herself no matter how she words it. She can't handle the kids she already has but she wants more babies? Why?

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I thought the Browns handled the talk about joining a different church very well. I remember when I was in college being pulled different directions as to my religious affiliation. That is a very formative age and not all decisions kids make in college are true to their nature. I think the parent does need to discuss such major potential changes in the child's life to be sure it is well thought thru by the child. That is all the Browns did - queried and discussed. I didn't hear any one trying to deswade her.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I loved the prank they played on the college students. Remember how uncomfortable they all felt when they were visiting the other plural family, and the wives there actually DID feed the husband a bite. I wish they would have shown the students reaction both before and after they revealed the joke.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought the tone of Christine asking the daughter "really?!" was one where Christine just can't believe anyone feels differently from her. To me, both Robyn and Mary were almost demanding that the girl explain herself to them. I guess I find it troublesome because I've never seen them treat any other mother's children that way.

From what I've seen, Janelle is the first one to really establish herself in a job in that area and then when Robyn started The Sister Wives Closet, she seemed to expect everyone else to drop what they've already established and cater to her needs. Now I see them as doing that to one of Janelle's kids. I know - I know - I'm taking it all WAY TOO SERIOUSLy!!! (as I gobble my popcorn)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 09, 2015 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I like Janelle the best. She always worked & provided income. Christine took care of Janelle's kido's as "the stay @ home mother figure". It did seem to work for them. Meri only had the 1 kid & only worked part time. Then came Robyn...........! Robyn has been part of the family now for 5 yrs. It almost seems like "she" is the preferred wife by Cody. Meri seems to be ok w/it because she adores Robyn but, where does that leave Janelle & Christine?

If I were Janelle, I would runnnnnnnnnnnnn! Christine won't leave because this life is what she wants.