TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 13, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 13, 2014 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Cody's hair.....yuck, yuck, yuck.

As to their presentation for the business, have talking points, be concise, say only what you need to say.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
When Meri was freaking out over having to talk in front of the investors, I just kept thinking, "Really?! You want them to give you money for your business, but you're crying cause you have to talk to them?" Just so unprofessional. That would never be tolerated in the business world. Get a grip! And Robyn with her perpetual downturned mouth and her teary eyes. Ugh to the both of them.

Janelle is truly my favorite. She has really blossomed in the past couple of years. She's not afraid to speak her mind and tell you what she feels. Without the tears. Really. Just get a grip.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But Meri never wanted the business in the first place..

I agree in likeing Janelle, though I have a soft spot for Meri and want her to bust out and get her degree and a meaningful job too.. not just sink into being a babysitter for Robyn as she pumps out more kids.

As for the presentation.. the numbers Janelle was throwing around.. HOW.. people actually buying that over priced somewhat strange jewelry??

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't blame Mary. I'm not well spoken and am terrified of speaking in a room of my peers. I don't think that makes he unprofessional I think one of the others could step in that feel more comfortable in that capacity. If you look at the interviews on the couch, which I think we're filmed at a later date , it looks like Robyn is pregnant.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wondered if she was, too, Lakecat.. or it is leftover baby fat or she is trying to be chunkier to please Kody.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I went and looked at their web site after watching the show. They do have some new stuff and a lot more moderately priced pieces than they did the last time I looked at it. There were only a couple of pieces I would even consider buying and they weren't anything I "had to have." Most of it is "somewhat strange."

When Robyn was being interviewed about Meri going back to college and worrying that she would be "pulled away from the family" by new experiences, it totally reminded me of when my mom went back to school in her 40's, after all her kids were in school. My dad was afraid she would somehow "get smarter" than him and have new interests that would pull her away from their marriage. It didn't. They stayed married till the day he died.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I checked out their site too. I think they would do much better if they advertised and sold things that you see in their homes.

For example, I like Meri's chairs and couches in the living room as well as the cushions. If I went to the site and saw those with a link to the actual vendor, I might click and purchase them. The family would get a commission on the sale.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
Meri's chairs look just like chairs that you can buy at Ashley Home Furnishings. Slipper chairs are very popular because they don't take up much room.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
The first problem they have with their business is the name of it. They limit their audience from the start. Millions of web hits and 500 sales, duh!

If they want to design jewelry then they should do so but don't make it around polygamy. It is very market limiting.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I went to look at the site, they have pendants with SW in the middle and say that it's Super Woman, come on, get real, people aren't going to buy that. And they have a ring that is engraved with Sisterwife. Who do they think is going to buy that? They need to wake up and get some regular designs going.

Amchess

08-26-2002

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
run Meri run! In 5 years would you rather have your degree or be babysitting Robyn's babies!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
ditto to what Amchess said: I'm just now watching last wk's show. That Robyn is my least fav. Heck, the other 3 had been together for yrs before she came in the mix. Meri welcomed Robyn more easier than Janelle & Christine did. Now, Robyn is trying to give a gilt trip to Meri because Meri doesn't want to totally "live Robyn's life & do this business & help w/Robyn's kids.........Jeesh........I want to slap Robyn! Who does she think she is?

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I never warmed up to Robin at all. I do like the others. What I don't understand is they need this business to take off so that they can pay for college educations for all of the kids that are coming of age, and there are so many of them, yet Robin wants another child. They also took the deal and if things don't work out they will not only lose the company, but will be so far in debt. When is it enough? They just need to get jobs outside of the home. Robin comes off as a very selfish person to me.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
They really need to rethink this business and if I were Meri I would put it in writing < if there were any way to legally do so> that I did not want to be a part of this venture; her only daughter is in college and can work summers + use scholarships/grants to pay for school.
I would be so resentful to be stuck with the debt of others.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Finally caught up! REad abut them getting money but at least it wasn't the whole amount.

Robyn continues to be selfish and annoying.

On the show about the teens, I love how Meri talks about each one of them.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I liked the catching up w/the older kids part as well & Meri really does know/love each of these older kids.

Robyn can look so pretty when she smiles - which seems to be less & less. She has a natural frown expression that is not on purpose. If she is going to be on camera for all to see, she needs to work on getting that negative look off of her face. This show is pretty much paying the bills & she is just not coming across in a very positive way.

At least, with Meri - she let her issues be shown & discussed her problems on camera. We went through her trials w/her & are still there w/her now that she's moving forward in her life.

I love watching Janelle & Christine. These 2 really have it together for living their life style.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Meri is more like able this season, she needed to be. I would have liked to have heard about what Mariah is up to. Was she left out just because she's in another state? Doesn't TLC have enough money to drive up there and give her a few minutes camera time?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She flew in for Kody's Vegas surprise party and I'm sure we'll see more about her since Meri went up to deal with their old house.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm definitely thinking robin is pregnant. This time at the couch interview she had on a jacket with her hands folded in front of her the whole time.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I thought I saw a bit of a "bump" too. Robyn is a thin woman so she will show sooner than someone that has a little more meat on their bones.

I do enjoy the fact that this family shares their lives w/us.....even though, I know they prob. only do it for the pay check!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they do it so they can be open about their lives, too, Texasdeb. I think it's been very freeing for all of them to not have to hide anymore. I heard them talk about that when they were visiting with the polygamous family in Missouri.

At the end of last night's show (in the previews for next week), Kody says, "Before you all go, Robyn has an announcement to make." Is she going to announce another baby? I keep forgetting to check out if she looks pregnant in the couch sessions. And I've already deleted the episode. Just have to wait till next week!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One of the previews had one of the kids asking if Robyn was pregnant. Pretty clear that will be it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 11, 2014 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Is the season over? They ended the last episode by Cody saying, "Robyn has an announcement to make." Then they never made any announcement. Then the next week they had the interview with Tamryn Hall, which they usually do at the end of the season. They made it pretty clear that they weren't taking any questions about pregnancy. In fact, Christine got kind of upset about something, but it wasn't really clear what.

Kind of odd that they put their family out there for everyone to see, make it clear that they want lots of children, but then get perturbed when someone asks a question about possible pregnancy? Really?!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 1:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
They admit that they are in denial about Cody having sex with the other wives but a pregnancy confirms that he has, which offends the others.

It's so convoluted.

They had me almost thinking that their lifestyle was acceptable, then I saw Flora Jessop's ordeal with her father's sexual abuse (on an episode of "I survived a cult" or something like that) & the ensuing cover up by church members who claimed if she had been more faithful, this wouldn't have happened to her (since her magic underwear protects the faithful from evil).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
You'd think after having X number of kids collectively already, at the very least they'd be used to each others' pregnancies.