TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through June 11, 2014 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Regardless of who was at fault (because we really see only what they choose to show us), I thought Junior behaved very poorly. I realize that this isn't camp where they all get together around the campfire and sing Kumbayah, but Junior did not win points in the maturity scale! I thought he was maturing but that didn't look good.

I am interested in who is going to be the co-captain on the Cornelia Marie. I halfway expect that it will be Johnathan...or Jake (Northwestern Jake). I am also glad that Edgar had such a great trip. It had to be a huge boost of confidence both for him and for Sig.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Roxip, what I meant by "like we all saw it" was- that was how it was presented to us, therefore, that is what we saw.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I totally agree with you - don't know why I felt I had to add that in!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 1:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's a video of Captain Keith fighting to help the government open so they can keep fishing. The current government shut down means they can't get their licenses to fish and keep the show, as well as their livelihoods, going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkErYPs6tkk

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 2:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thx Naja, Captain Keith said it well w/o taking sides. This is going to be devastating to boats both here in Seattle, as well as in Alaska!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Seasn 10 starts on April 22!

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/discovery-to-launch-tenth-season-of-deadliest-catch-april-22-1201129976/

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I keep checking my dvr to see if it has scheduled recording of the show yet but so far not! The network will also be rerunning the show about the Time Bandit before the start of the new season.

Scoutmom

01-19-2006

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scoutmom a private message Print Post    
A special Deadliest Catch: Season 9 Revealed followed by Deadliest Catch Behind the Lens is on tonight. Getting us ready for the new season beginning next week. Woo Hoo!!!!!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thx for the headsup Scoutmom! Woo Hoo too, we're taping and ready now!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched the 2-hour captains show. Wow! That was about as honest and open as I have ever seen them...and I thought it was telling that the only person sitting with Elliott was his dad.

Who knew there would be so many tears on a Deadliest Catch show?

Where will Jake be this season? Will he back on the Northwestern? On the Cornelia Marie? Did he take the place of the lead guy on the Time Bandit (whose name escapes me but he was married and having twins)? With his experience (and visibility on the show) you know that he will be a welcome addition to any of the crews.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
It was weird that I did not see one thing regarding Jake or Josh on that episode. So I googled and it seems that Josh will have the Cornelia Marie back for season 10! Yay!

'Deadliest Catch': Season 10 has return of the Cornelia Marie, arrival of Mandy Hansen -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
For a while it didn't appear that the network was going to put the Cornelia Marie on the show but I guess maybe they changed their mind after all the Facebook fans expressed their discontent. I sure hope for the best for Josh and the CM.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That is just wild that Sig's 18 yr old daughter is going to be a deckhand this season. This season looks like it's going to be very exciting.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved The Bait (so glad my DVR is smarter than I am). The captains together always crack me up - especially Jonathan. He is so quick-witted and sarcastic - I would love to be in a bar with him listening to him carry on. Interesting that the Cornelia Marie will not be on king crab but serious hints that they will be on opi - perhaps it is better that Josh gets some seasoning under his belt before he has to do it all in front of the cameras. Still, they showed lots of shots of the Cornelia Marie in Dutch Harbor and that made me happy.

Wow - first show and a ship has already burned up - the first in a season of emergencies, as was told last week during the film crew's special.

Jake Anderson looks happy to be back on the Northwestern - hope it stays that way for a long time. He was looking so stressed and sick about his situation last season. Now he looks ten years younger and a lot happier.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Ok on the Bait tonight - when they showed Josh and the Cornelia Marie...I'm not going to lie - I got a tear in my eye.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 30, 2014 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now this is so weird! I wonder if it's true.

I was looking around for spoilers about the next Celebrity Apprentice, and this site claims Sig Hansen is on the next season!

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/04/19/celebrity-apprentice-2014-spoilers/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 30, 2014 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bummer..love Sig, hate that show and stopped watching years ago.. I want Sig on DWTS!!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, Double Bummer! Like you, don't like the show and haven't watched in years. I wonder if Sig agreed to do this because he isn't on the "catch" as much as before because Edgar is taking on more captain roles.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Awww NOOOO! I have such respect for Sig, it makes my skin crawl at his having to bow down to a twit like 'the Donald'. I think Sig could do well, but I don't want to watch this mess. Haven't watched that show in years either.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Sig will have trouble with playing with others. He likes to be the one in charge.

Then again, maybe out of his element, he'll be a little more laid back.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Josh Harris has really matured over the last years - it was great to see him really step into the role of being a man. This is a far different Josh than the season after his dad died and he was fighting with the other captain. I think he earned a lot of respect for knowing that it was more important to put the safety of his crew ahead of his own ego. He also handled himself very well on The Bait when the other captains were giving him grief.

Sad to see the Seabrook sitting in port when the other boats were going out.

I hope Elliott makes it (but had to laugh when the other captains voted unanimously that he wouldn't). Nice scene between him and Edgar.

Sorry Jonathan had to step aside, but glad he's putting his health first. I guess having seen what Phil went through made Jonathan rethink what was important. Kind of reminds me of Dale Earnhardt's accident putting the emphasis on driver safety in NASCAR. Seeing one of your biggest people go down is a bigger example than anything anyone else can say to you.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was a cruel cliffhanger last night....cutting away before we got to see Josh Harris' first pot.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes it was!

Any news on Jake? I worry about that kid.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, when you read his facebook, you kind of get the feeling we are going to see him this season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, I hope so! Thanks!