TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 10, 2014 users admin

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I was horrified at the makeup on the tell all show. I agree Janelle looked the best but it just looked caked on her face. She seems so much more confident now that she has lost some weight.

The teenage girls have been coloring their hair and now I get confused on who is who. They are trying hard to live a modern normal life with their family old school polygamy rules (about being 'asked about').

Haven't watched the celebration show but I knew those dresses would be horrible. If they had gone to the right store, they could have found things off the rack that would have fit properly.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The dresses and the colors! Eeek.

Robyn lucked out when hers couldn't be done and she looked best in a black dress she already had. Meri had to go buy a dress, which certainly was better than the one that was being made for her, but she tried on a black/white outfit that was so much better, but said she wanted color and THAT color. OMG.

Lots of angst before the ceremony but the actual thing was nice, the kids added their own touch and of course it was super seeing little Truly running around in her dress, full of energy and happy, after the scare they had with her kidney's shutting down.

And I also enjoy seeing some of their mothers being around and helping make the 7000 food items! The cake.. uh, it was amazing but didn't really look appetizing to me.

I think they will always be happy they did this without renting a venue.. they got a nice back yard area instead.

And in the tell all show, more understanding on paying for college.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching " My Five Wives" ? I find Brady much more likeable than Cody from Sister Wives. It is interesting how on 5 Wives the ladies at express feelings of jealousy and the 1 on 1 time they enjoy with Brady.Just natural feelings and so goes life.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I much prefer the Cody clan, versus the Brady Bunch.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I tuned in for about 20 minutes and was bored. Ill give it another shot.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On that show I like their two shared homes.

I think the husband may end up being sorry about being on camera. Like taking his fifth wife away for their 10 year anniversary, four years late.. not only is it stirring up the others (who I assume all got 10 year anniversary trips too) because of the circumstance that he and this wife went to visit his family in Washington where she would like to move and so would he and they looked at property, which is pissing off the other wives royally, especially the ones who do not want to move to that locale..

But with cameras we see him schmoozing with her about how he dated her first and asked her to marry him and she was freaked out and how he then dates another one and she said no and then a third and she is the first wife.. and so on.. and this one came back to him. I suspect hearing this conversation and seeing it, is going to bring hurt to others as she sounds like a favorite in a way.

The reason they are wanting to move is that they live in a "plig" community that is more conservative and they have left that particular church and gone on their own but it is really awkward now so they want to leave that area.

They also were really happy that Kody and the Browns won the part of their lawsuit that means cohabitation isn't illegal.. they had been under the same threat

It isn't riveting so far..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Not rivetting in the least, Sea. ITA with Lakecat! Boring.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm finding 5 wives a little boring too. Too many wives that we don't even get to know any of the kids - not even the older ones. I like that about Sister wives - we have got to know not only the adults, but most of the kids.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well there is time, but I was thinking the same about the kids. The sister wives kids have become familiar, and that is good.. so far the 5 wives kids are just a blur..

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Show really hasn't been on long enough to get a true reading on any of them - but so far: 1st wife seems a little cold & distant - think her name is Paulie or something like that. 2nd wife, Robin seems to have the most jealousy issues & seems a bit needy. 3rd wife is my fav & seems the most content & I can't think of her name. 4th wife, Noani is the most outspoken & I do like her. 5th wife, Rhonda has the longest connection w/Brady & I am liking her except for her need to adopt - hey, they have 24 kids in all & doesn't she have 4 or 5 that are already hers. Brady is so mellow & I don't see how he keeps from cracking. Keeping 5 wives w/different personalities has to be trying on anyone. I do like how they all have dinner together 5 nights/wk with a dif. wife hosting each night. That seems like a great idea. The Browns don't do that, or at least we haven't seen that they do. They all eat together on special occasions only. I wander about the rotation thing though as far as who Brady stays with. Does each wife have 1 night of the wk: 1st wife on Mon., 2nd wife on Tues., & so on. If so, does that mean Brady gets the wk-ends off? If so, where does he stay then? Too many questions I want answered that are really none of my business....tee hee!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
TD,as long as they're on TV it is your business.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
From what they said he doesn't get days off, so it just rotates.. besides that doesn't give any one wife a permanent day of the week.. they rotate through the weekends.

And it seems since they are in two close houses, he can visit daily with each of them.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
finally showed quite a bit of Paulie's kids on Sun., at least the 20, 19, & 17 yr olds. Seem like well rounded kids. Some of the younger kidos were shown in groups making comments to the camera as well. Guess they just wanted us to get to know the 6 adults a little before introducing the kids. I am really leaning on liking this family way more than the Browns. Could be that I like Brady wayyyyyyy more than Cody. tee hee!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm watching that now.. the kids we are seeing are great kids, motivated..

But I can feel more for Meri's angst at her only daughter leaving.

Paulie seems a mess with three leaving and she has three more at home, agss 15, 13 and 10.

And she has six kids while the other wives have 5, 5, 4 and 4.

I found this online that might help http://starcasm.net/archives/264574

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
it's back.......previews show Christine having issues, Robyn wanting a baby, & someone saying they don't even want to hug anymore............

Well, we will get to watch this starting next Sun.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Based on Cody and Janelle's comments on the season premiere it appears that they have moved to a more romantic marriage which verifies comments way up thread on their relationship.
Janelle is my fav of the wives, but I don't know what they see in Cody.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So Janelle should be thrilled because Kody decided to not talk "business" at their anniversary dinner?

Robyn wants everyone to help her fulfill her life-long dream as well as have another baby?

It's official - I just can't handle the fabricated drama that Meri and Robyn drum up to feel sorry for themselves. If they didn't have this show to make money off of their whining, they might have to work an actual 40 hour a week job like the rest of us and live in small single-story houses. Oh no!!

It's not surprising if Janelle's daughter doesn't want to end up in a polygamist marriage after what her mother has endured for how many years. 20 years too late Kody!!!

And yes, I know I can change the channel and it is permanently turned off of these people!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Robyn is the only one who REALLY wanted the business, it seems. The others, I believe just went along half-heartedly. I don't blame them. It just doesn't seem like a business that would have much success.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch the end of the episode yet, but I agree Granjan, it seems like a lame business concept. The question is, who are they marketing to? I mean they need to consider the audience who watches the show and their opinion towards them. It seems they are bit off whack in their public view towards them. Not sure how they can use their 15 minutes but this isn't it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Robyn is selfish; Meri would be crazy not to pursue her dream.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I honestly don't know how Cody can run from wife to wife for birthdays, anniversaries etc. etc. I couldn't do it.

If Meri really wants to continue her education, she should do it. She's been so depressed over her daughter going to college, this would probably perk her up.

Robyn seems to be the only one wanting this business. Selfish on her part - especially her comments about Meri "bailing" on her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Robyn needs to get a grip; Meri also had a dream and that was smashed in Utah with the addition of Robym, her three kids and then a new child which probably helped push them to turn to TLC to go public and that lost Kody his job and lost Meri her job. A job she loved. And her college degree in support of that job she loved. Had they not gone public, they would have stayed in Utah, her only child would be able to go to college locally, Meri would be working and progressing toward her degree.. so her world was ripped apart and then Robyn came up with HER dream business too.

I enjoy the kids the most and now Robyn's older son is in the group I recognize and enjoy.

Kody is a terrible dancer but he sure enjoys it which is cool.

The hairstyles, EEEK.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Robyn is selfish; Meri would be crazy not to pursue her dream.

Marameko, when I first read that, I thought you meant Meri would be crazy not to pursue Robyn's dream! Lol!

Robyn is selfish. And now she wants Meri to support her dream of the stupid Sister Wive's Closet (who outside of polygamists is going to buy that stuff?), so that she can have another baby. Maybe Kody needs another wife who'll help Robyn with the business and let her have another child. Ugh.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Oh Babyjax you made me retread what I wrote ! The nerve of Robyn. UGH is right.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It seems their main source of income is this TLC show & it's provided well for them. Heck, who wouldn't want even 1 house as nice as they have & they have 4 of them & the huge back yard space surrounding them all. The show IS what they do together for their income. Doesn't ea. household have their own budgets out of this income as well? I've always thought the jewelry thing was a waste of time with the possibility of being an expenditure instead of a money making venture on their part. It is Robyn's dream & nobody else's. It did seem like the others were supportive but they now don't want to be involved in Robyn's project & now she is throwing her pitty party. IMO, Robyn NEEDS more than the others.......even Meri. I'm proud of Meri for looking @ her life now that her only child is out in the world & making decisions that SHE wants for herself. Heck, she isn't putting anyone else out by trying to better herself. Just like Janelle & Christine didn't put anyone else out by getting their real estate licenses. Robyn needs to get a life. Meri did cause a lot of drama last season but seems to be past that. I guess this season is Robyn's turn.