TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through August 03, 2013 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I commented to Kid Sis last night that this time we haven't heard Junior bring up the "legend" word.

We can't wait to see the After the Catch show when they confront him in person! That's going to be hopping! We agree that we're not crazy about either Elliot OR Junior, but like Kid Sis said 'they're both the younger bulls, trying to show their stuff'. Whatever, they're still unlikeable.

Cafstr

05-14-2011

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cafstr a private message Print Post    
Happy to find there are other girls out there that like Deadliest Catch. It is one of my faves. I am in love with Edgar. JK. Just really like him more then Sig. Junior is so full of himself. And Elliot needs to grow up. Bet he didn't get that boat on his own.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody else spend a lot of time screaming at the television last night? I absolutely detest Elliott at this point and serously wonder why anyone would go on board with him. He needs to quit obsessing about his relationship and start worrying more about the safety of his crew. I have seen so many episodes where Keith, Andy, Jonathan, Sig, etc. always warn the deck when there is a large wave. Elliott just spends his time on the telephone trying to get in touch with a woman who has obviously gotten tired of his immature behavior and moved on. I think he is too emotionally immature to be responsible for the lives of a crew and should lose his captain papers. He is, in my opinion, negligent.

In the past it has seemed like the other captains are negligent of their families, but once they are out fishing I think they have to be able to turn off their emotions and focus only on the job - you have the lives of other people in your hands and that is who you need to focus on while on the boat.

Okay, did I mention that I detest Elliott?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing last week.
Elliot, get over it. She has moved on, drop it and concentrate on what you are doing out on that ocean, watch your damn boat and your crew.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I have to agree about Elliot. I'm also tired of his foul langage filling the audio with a multitude of bleeps!

On the other hand, I was impressed with Junior showing, both emotionally and time wise, how much he cared for his father. I did not expect that of him. He gets a pat on the back from me for this.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So all this time we have been listening to Elliot whine about not being able to win back his ex, but the whole time he has been dating other women? Unreal.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch last night's episode, but wasn't his ex the mother of his children? I could be getting my shows confused, but I thought there was an issue where she wasn't letting him see the kids.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This past couple of years, he has been seeing them just fine. The cameras even went along on a couple of his visits. My point was this past couple years we (and the ex) have been put through his whining about wanting to get back together, and how she is the only woman he wants, and now we find out he has been trying to woo the ex while the whole time dating other women. Last night he even threatened to put a bullet in the head of the guy his girlfriend is seeing behind his back, (the girlfriend staying in his house, not the ex). So he wants his ex back, but he's ticked off to find out his girlfriend is also seeing someone else.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Gotcha, thanks Naja. I'll catch up on it this weekend.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, this whole 8 or 9 years I have been watching this show, and I didn't know until tonight's show that the crabs molt their shells. So all those dirty crabs we see (and that the guys complain about) actually molt off those dirty shells as they grow and they become clean crabs again. That "dirty crab" situation is just a temporary thing for a crab.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What kind of crazy person decided that on Jake's new boat, the Kiska Sea, that they do the hydraulics from the wheel house? That seems so insane to me! My goodness you are so far away from the action , and your attention is taken away from navigating the boat! That seems as bad (or worse) than texting and driving.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Lobsters and crabs of all kinds shed.

They taste the same, but people don't seem to like the looks.

We received king crab for Christmas and couldn't believe the size of them.

I agree about the hydraulics in the wheel house.

Plain dumb.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know it was all set up for tv, but I was Glad to see Keith show up at the dock waiting for Elliott tonight. I thought the "talking to" about women was a little mild, though. He should have slapped him upside the head and yelled "WAKE UP!"

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Elliott is an idiot.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I totally agree about Elliott. He has real problems.

On the other hand, I know that Keith likes to talk about how many "greenhorns" he has gone through. But this last one, was not necessary. In fact, I thought that the whole crew was out of line. Dane seemed like a hard worker. Keith lost more respect from me.

Queenie

07-09-2007

Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Queenie a private message Print Post    
Unless they didn't show us everything that happened, I disagree with everything they did to Dane.
To me he looked like a hard worker. So what he didnt want to get a freakin haircut! Big deal. I used to love Freddie on the CM but not so much on the Wizard. I lost respect for him :-(

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm about halfway through tonight's show, and that darn Freddy has proved he's crazy as a loon.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Keith was absolutely speechless.

Sig VOLUNTARILY left the boat to Edgar. Can you believe it?

A week without Elliott is a really good show.

Scoutmom

01-19-2006

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scoutmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything said by both of you. Just wish Elliott hadn't been on The Bait and my evening would have been complete.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...I thought the same thing!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I think they always bring Elliott on the Bait so the old guys can give him advice (which is very good and Kid Sis & I always learn something new).

Then we can later watch Elliot not taking their advice and mucking up. He really has zero regard for his crew. I can't figure out WHY anyone would want to work for him, surely the word must get around the docks. He doesn't seem safe to work for.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I would hate to be the cameraman on his boat. He doesn't seem to pay much attention to safety at all. Also, it would be hard for me not to laugh right in his face when he is whining and saying some of the idiotic things he says.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 2:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight's ep synopsis in the listings said "An accident brings a crabber's career to an end"

While I am so happy that none of our guys we have grown to love were hurt, I am always ticked off when they mislead us about events that happen on other boats where we don't know these people at all. They purposely scared us into thinking one of our guys was hurt, but it ends up it was some guy we don't know at all, on a boat we have never heard of.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
and they never tell us the outcome either...

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally caught up on the couch show "The Bait" from this week. How cow, Junior and Keith got into a huge fight and Junior vowed they will never be friends and that he's done with Keith, and then stormed off the set. Junior thinks it was Keith that betrayed him, and not the other way around like we all saw it. It was nuts. Be sure not to delete it before you watch it. The fight is just past halfway though the show.