TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 25, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 25, 2014 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
There are alot of things I find to slam on these shows but how they dealt with Truley and her illness is not one of them.

My niece's son was in the hospital for 5 days this past summer before they could finally deduce what was making him so lethargic and sick. I can't even remember now if it was his kidneys or his appendix or what but I had no doubt at the time that everyone was doing everything they could to help him. I just felt for the child and his parents and I had the exact same reaction to the Brown's situation. I think anyone who's ever had a sick child could relate.

Again, I can find a lot to slam about these people but not this, lol. I also felt for the oldest sister and what she went through.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I can't fault them for how they handled Truely's med. emerg. either. Just happy for them that she is going to be ok!

Christine's oldest DD, Aspen seems very mature for her age. She is a very likable young lady. I imagine she held down the home front while her parents were dealing with Truely & the hsp. She might have gotten a little help from Janelle & Robyn but Meri was no help. They all prob. told Meri to go ahead w/her plans to take her kid to school.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I can't fault Meri for taking Mariah to school. Mariah is her only child and that's a big deal. They were right to tell Kody he needed to stay home with Christine, but if Mariah was scheduled to start school, what were they supposed to do? There was nothing to be accomplished by Meri staying at home. I'm sure they were all in touch as much as possible.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meri gave a great gift by quickly telling Kody that he needed to go be with Truely.. that way he didn't have to even think about making that choice.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I had what Truely had and I'm a grown adult. I drank water but I still dehydrated. I put off going to the hospital until it was too late and I had major complications. Sometimes it seems like we just need to rest to beat the bug and I don't run to the doctor for everything, usually I get sick, get better and move on.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It was very considerate of Meri to want Kody to stay back w/Christine & Truely. Meri & Mariah did have a great time & prob. needed that 1 on 1 bonding.

Is Aspen going to school in Vegas like Logan does? Doesn't Janelle's oldest DD & Christine's 2nd DD both graduate HS this May?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Aspen is going to the same school as Logan attends.. in Vegas. Not sure where Mykelti will go. (or went if this is in the past)

Oh, one of the olders was wanting to do her senior year of HS AT a college.. and they were worried that she really just wanted to be where the boys are since she has talked more about dating all along than other kids in the family.

Critter59

07-18-2012

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Critter59 a private message Print Post    
I do put blame on Cody and all his wifes for the little girl illness, if Cody didn't have 17 or 18 children to look after while his wifes were vacationing in Calif. then maybe the little girls illness would have been caught earlier. Cody is not a full time father so why would his wife leave him in charge of all those kids?

Sueby

11-18-2004

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
The thought had passed my mind that with so many kids Cody did seem to be having trouble keeping track of them all by himself. And to top it off having the cameramen following you around. I felt so bad for that little girl.

Has anybody tried these products. Apparently Christine has a testimony about giving one of the products to Truly. Not that it has anything to do with her illness.

https://kodybrownfamily.livonline.net/

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't blame them at all. They took her to the doctor, he said it was the flu. When my daughter was 7 months old, she had a fever and was lethargic for a few days. I called the doctor and he said to watch her temps and give her Tylenol, which I did. She seemed fine after a few days, though I wasn't sure if her fever had broken because she never broke into a sweat. But she seemed fine and not hot. I was sitting with her and my then 3 year old son and he asked what was wrong with Elizabeth. When I looked down, her lips were turning blue and her eyes had rolled up into her head. She was having a convulsion. I called 911 and in the short time it took to talk to them, she started to look back to normal. We took her to the hospital where they took blood and said they might have to test for meningitis. The blood tests came back fine so thank God we dodged that bullet. But I knew I had done everything that I could have. They told me it was something we would have to watch for and thankfully, it never happened again. Sometimes, you do all you can and things still happen. It's hard enough being a parent and judging yourself than to have other people judging you as well. I am just glad that Truely is fine.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Mamie. It's not like nobody was watching Truley. Her big sisters were taking care of her. She didn't really take a turn for the worse until after Christine came home.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Are these women really friends other than Meri and Robin ?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
From what I can tell, Meri hates & despises Janelle (because she is sleeping with her husband). Cody & Janelle have a special bond because they are like bro & sis (which his father married to her mother making them stepsiblings may just be a coincidence). Janelle hates the way Meri treats her. Christine was brought in to lighten the tension between the 2 women. Cody found Christine gross & repugnant & that much suited Meri as someone to share with her husband.

I think Meri liked Robin/Christine/Janelle till they started sleeping with her husband. Apparently Meri wasn't consulted about his marriage to Janelle. Meri would be all lovey dovey on the couch with Cody while Janelle was relegated to sitting alone. Janelle & Cody have never been affectionate in front of Meri.

Meri felt her sister wives flaunted their fertility "...to validate their marriages to Kody in a way [she] couldn't."

Janelle felt Christine acted like a little princess and was clueless.

Janelle said Meri and Christine were close friends, and often would go off and not invite her.

After a particularly brutal fight with Meri, and Kody's subsequent lack of empathy, Janelle packed up her children and moved. She lived in her own house for 2 years, until Kody moved to the big house in Lehi.

Christine considered Meri to be her best friend, but had a more practical relationship with Janelle.

Excerpts from the book, "Becoming Sister Wives"

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/becoming-sister-wives-prologue-and-part.html

Sueby

11-18-2004

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sueby a private message Print Post    
Thanks Willwillbee. I spent a lot of time reading that blog. I think the whole family situation is just sad. There is obviously a lot of hurt feelings and resentments there.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Oh my, thanks Willwillbee. Just by your comments alone it seems reasons are justified for not being in a polygamous marriage.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I am anxious to see the next show to see how the dresses turn out . . hate to say but so far, they are quite hideous. They did make a good decision to have the party on their property and put the $ towards a rental place towards landscaping in their backyards. I'm kinda tired of hearing about the mission statement and will be glad when they finish. LOL at the kids who could care less about any of that.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I know the mission statement is really bleh. I have to say that even though Cody is YUCK and I couldn't handle sharing a man; I love the big family. I think that is really cool. I don't know how they possibly support all those kids... So you think Robin is pregnant again?

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think the mission statement is imperative for them to work together as a unit. Meri & Christine seem very dissatisfied with their current life & their negativity has a huge impact on the others.

It's my understanding that for most of the pre Robyn years, Christine was the cheerleader uniting Meri & Janelle. Christine seems to be feeling neglected & demotivated.

It sure seems to me that they are hyping themselves up for a 5th wife or it may just be a running joke now since the psychic's prediction but they are competing for TV time with another polygamist with 5 wives.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I came here mostly to snark. It looked like on the Tell All episode that a blind mortician did their makeup...and then there was Meris dress at the commitment ceremony. Her stomach seemed as if it was the star of the show.
At the end of the day,I just don't think these women like each other. On the one hand I can see where Meri would want to go find herself now that Mariah is gone but on the other hand Meri should go get a job to help the family or help wrangle that brood of kids.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Their makeup was a hot mess!!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm good at being a snark right now too! Nothing wrong w/Meri's dress except it was at least 1 sz too small if not 2 sizes. Christine's dress looked like it was a reject from a renazanse (sp) festival. Janelle's dress did turn out good & Robyn looked really nice in her old dress she had to dig out of her closet at the last minute. I agree about the "blind mortician" makeup for the tell all ep. Even Cody had on that heavy theatrical make up. I, also think all the kids looked great!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The kids did all look great! They should have done their mom's make up!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The makeup was quite odd at the tell all show!! Actually I thought Janelle looked pretty good.

As for the celebration, I actually enjoyed it and seeing the pictures and film.

Call me crazy, but I actually like them most of the time.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Oh heck, I wanted to be the first one to snark about their makeup. "a blind mortician" LOL!!!
Yes, even Cody. I think Christine's was the worst and she's pretty without makeup. Janelle's wasn't TOOOO bad and actually, Meri's skin looked better.

I think they all should have bought dresses but, yes, in the right size.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Janelle looks great. Their makeup was terrible. They all seem like they don't like each other. I'd think being sister wives they'd be best friends but instead it seems like a roomful of jealousy. Monogamous relationships are challenging. I just wonder how you deal with the extra level of issues. Maybe it never makes it dull? I'd get sick of it. I feel for Meri.