TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 28, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 28, 2014 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think Meri would have been willing to have a baby if it didn't require medical intervention but at 39, you've got to consider if you want to deal with raising a teenager when you are nearly 60 years old.

Kaysarluvsme

08-06-2005

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
Watched the newest episode and am really concerned for the 3 year old, Truley. She is always so pale and now she is chemically unbalanced? Why would anyone wait to take a toddler to the hospital to be checked? When a child acts completely different during an illness is always the time to be very concerned according to my kids pediatrician. This family just gets scarier to me as seasons go on.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 20, 2014 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
We don't know how much time has transpired. I'm for the "wait and see if it gets better" approach with illnesses before going to a doctor-and it usually does. Of course I don't have children. I wonder if Robin is pregnant. She didn't partake in beer and her stomach looked a little swollen.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Monday, January 20, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I wondered also if Robin might be pregnant . . but she said she is still nursing so maybe thats why no beer. I laughed when they took only a sip of those large beers.

I've never really noticed their dress to be that modest. But I remember Kody yelling at the older teen daughters to put on more clothes.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, January 20, 2014 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I said upthread that Meri was 39ish now but I saw a family tree & it showed Mariah at 14 with Meri at 39 & Mariah is now 18 so Meri must be older than 39 now but she might have the Jack Benny Syndrome.

If she is 43 or older now, I sure wouldn't want to attempt to have a baby at this point.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, January 20, 2014 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I also thought Meri was in her 40s so I've really not understood all the hyph about her having another baby at this age. Heck, just wait for grandbabies at this stage.

Robyn prob. is not pg if still nursing. I would bet that she is pg soon once she has Soloman past this.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, January 20, 2014 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Nursing or not nursing does not mean that Robin could not be pregnant. In fact, I have seen many "oops" babies, because women believe they can't get pregnant while they are nursing. It is a myth.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
How ridiculous is it that they would consider a party for over $10k? although I'm sure the show will probably pick up the tab. They need to save every penny for all the college bills they are going to have, especially Mariah's.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
My thought exactly Gldnlvr, talk about staged.
I cannot see Janelle going along unless she knew they could truly afford this event.
And as to the cancelled party for Mariah they better watch for major whining from her and her Momma if they don't get that party started.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
I would like to see the ladies have a make over. Nothing extreme... just some new hairdos and a little lesson in how to dress for their shapes. Meri would look so much better if she would learn to dress for her shape and so would Christine. I think they would feel good about themselves.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
3 of them oldest DDs could use make overs too.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Meri's hair is a hot mess, it looks badly bleached and needs to be styled.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Meri always looks orange to me, too. She needs some help with her makeup. I think Janelle is so much prettier than she was when this show started. You can see that her face is a lot slimmer and her hair always looks pretty. I think Christine has lost some weight too.

I'm wondering what's wrong with Truley also. Poor baby! How awful for her to be sick and her mommy wasn't home. She must be all right or we would have heard something in the press about it.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Robin didn't have a beer because she is a stricter fundamentalist who follows all of the rules.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
If I were to go down the road of sister wives in my marriage, I would want to be friends with the wives. I would want them to be my closest friends. If we couldn't be friends before the marriage then I would say it was a no-go. But I'm not a strict religious person and I'm also not a jealous person. I can see the jealousy, envy and spite in the eyes of these women.

Kody is a dolt sometimes and he should not be calling them when they are together when he knows they have an issue with it.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I would be way too jealous to "go down the road". But, if this was my chosen life style, I would for sure have to love my co-wives kinda like you love a sister that you are extremely close to or at least a best friend. The more wives, the harder it would be.

I think Meri is the hardest for Janelle & Christine to be close to. J & C seem to have a pretty good bond though. Robyn is just so sweet & wants close bonds w/all of them. But, she does seem, at least at this time, to be Kody's fav. so that has to cause some problems at least that the others are keeping to themselves. Meri is the 1st & only legal wife & also the hardest to like. Just from watching the show, I would have already chewed out all of the interior lining of my cheeks just putting up w/Meri - I really don't know how those other 3 do it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Texasdeb, I hear what you're saying about loving your sister wives "like a sister," but would you really want your husband sleeping with your sister? Just ewwwwww.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
that's why "this" could never be my life style. Just ewwwwwwww to me too!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I'm watching the episode now. Why did they wait so long to get Truly some attention? She had no liquids in her...totally dehydrated from the flu. She has acute kidney failure. OMG - poor little girl.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised that no one noted that she was not drinking enough and not peeing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Christine had taken her to the doctor and he said she just had the flu. Unless she is still in diapers, it would be easy not to notice that she wasn't urinating. Poor little baby! I can't think of a scarier position to be in than having your baby be that sick. This is a situation where I can see the advantage of having sister wives. It's tough to keep a family going when you have someone in the hospital. Very stressful!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was in tears for Trulie (sp) and her parents, and especially for her sister who was positively distraught with worry, who was babysitting her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 1:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I tend to agree with this article:

http://tvruckus.com/2014/01/27/sister-wives-did-kody-christine-do-enough-during-truely-browns-sickness/

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Since the Brown's did take her to the doctor originally for the flu, and the doctor didn't see any other issues, I really can't blame them.

Hindsight is 20/20..

Just glad Truly recovered. 10 days had to be torture for the family.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
There are alot of things I find to slam on these shows but how they dealt with Truley and her illness is not one of them.

My niece's son was in the hospital for 5 days this past summer before they could finally deduce what was making him so lethargic and sick. I can't even remember now if it was his kidneys or his appendix or what but I had no doubt at the time that everyone was doing everything they could to help him. I just felt for the child and his parents and I had the exact same reaction to the Brown's situation. I think anyone who's ever had a sick child could relate.

Again, I can find a lot to slam about these people but not this, lol. I also felt for the oldest sister and what she went through.