TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 17, 2014 users admin

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Great points, Seamonkey. Mariah has about 5 siblings in the same age bracket.

It just dawned on me & that since many of the kids are at that going off stage & *if* the parents truly believe in this lifestyle for their children, Las Vegas is not the place for them to find like minded mates. I can't believe this hasn't become more of an issue.

I guess like the Roloffs, you go to conventions or maybe meet others online but at this age for a teenager, physical presence trumps long term objectives.

I understand the family doesn't feel safe in going back to Utah, I'm sure they feel that Utah would love to make an example of them but although Las Vegas may have a more liberal attitude, I can't see "Sin City" fostering spirituality. Maybe Kody will start his own commune with the New Age folks. I really could see him heading that direction - I really can't see all the wives happy about it though.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
I think I've said this before, but Kody keeps saying 'love should be multiplied' but he only refers to love being multiplied when it comes to his having more wives. Why not multiply that love by adding more husbands? I'd love to see Meri with a man who could shower her with affection and attention. I think that would also solve her problem of deciding to have a child one way or another. Right now Kody is so unsupportive she doesn't know which way to go. Another man might not be so wishy washy. Hey, if love should be multiplied, why not have more men to add to the financial success and to the love? I couldn't do it.. I'd be too jealous, but if those women can share one husband, maybe they can share more then one.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
While on the surface Kody says he wants them to stay together after his death to keep the family together, I just think it's his inflated EGO wanting to control them from the afterlife. I prefer those who say... 'When you are ready, move on, especially if you have the opportunity to love again'.

Think about it... he can keep looking for love and marrying again WHILE his current wives are ALIVE and have to accept it, but they can't do likewise AFTER HE'S GONE??? That just fries my fanny!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lostincyburbia, Meri actually presented that hypothetical to Kody once, asking him how he'd feel if she had more than one husband. He was disgusted by the idea. It's not part of their "religion" which believes that one man has to be the head of his family, and the more children they have the more souls they're bringing in from other planets (research it; Mormonism is weird). They believe they are not only married for life, but they will still be married in the afterlife, something that goes against the Bible which says there is no marriage in heaven.

All of these women may have chosen this lifestyle, but the fact is that it's a very patriarchal society. Kody may say his wives are "equal" to him, but I'll bet if one of them wanted to do something he didn't agree with, he'd pull rank in a hurry. They all seem well-adjusted and happy, but it's just a very strange way to live.

Multiple husbands is just never gonna happen.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't like Kody and I don't understand these women . Him and sports car as well as his frantic behavior just makes me want to strangle him. Oh how I wish for more hubbies, but of course that won't happen.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I think Kody is so vain he couldn't handle another man taking attention away from him. There was an episode where he was thinking about cutting his hair and he was asking the women. For some unexplainable reason they told him no. He wasn't going to cut it anyway, but why they said no I'll never understand. He's past the age where that thinning on top and long on the bottom hair is doing him any good.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Funny thing is, if he would cut his hair then it would look fuller on top.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Did anyone ever notice every time the five of them are sitting in a group he always seems to be next to Robin? Is it my imagination or do u think he favors her?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have always thought that he found his new toy shiniest and brightest. I think before Robin it was Christine who was the favorite. Wonder what happens when Robin isn't quite as new and shiny?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Roxi!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes he seems to favor Robin with Christine being his least favorite. Did anybody notice how she bargained with him on the wrestling mat in the garage. She wanted him to be nicer to her and come home more often.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I think Robin is the Queen Bee in this hive, poor Christine is just so vocal and opinionated.Had Meri not been wifey # 1 I wonder if she would even be in a plural marriage ? Janelle just seems too smart to be in this situation and while I think she is "sensible" when it comes to this so called marriage it appears otherwise.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I would assume that their is sexual chemistry between Kody & Robyn that has been long gone between him & the other wives. She is the only wife that isn't over wt & she is younger by several yrs. However, Robyn does also seemed the most "into" him as well. Robyn also seems to be the most happy & content of all of the wives. Why wouldn't he enjoy being around her positive attitude more than say....Meri's drama or Christine's bluntness. I personally like folks that have a blunt, outspoken approach (I'm that way as well).

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
There was an episode where he was thinking about cutting his hair and he was asking the women. For some unexplainable reason they told him no. He wasn't going to cut it anyway, but why they said no I'll never understand.

Because Kody is wearing a rug on top & sides. His brothers are BALD. Look at some of the 'adventures' like skydiving, it's pretty obvious that the network is trying to maintain his image. I wondered if they had to glue the rug on.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 2:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Kody had no right to go to Robin and complain about Meri (However true his statement was) on her ONLY Child's Graduation Day.. and Robin shouldn't have had to tell Kody to put on his big boy panties...

Kody does favor Robin .. but he really needs to grow up...

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Did you see that look on his face when the fortune teller told him he already had his sites on another wife. Looked to me, he's been found out.

I think Christine has always wanted to be a wife & mother & is dissatisfied with having an emotionally absent part time husband. I think the more she demands of him & his time, the more he checks out.

I've always got the impression that Christine was the at home mommy for not only her brood but Janelle's also when they shared a house. I think she used to be the coordinator of the household (when it was in one house) & has lost her role.

To me, Janelle seems to like having a part time husband/family, she seems to be independent enough to not want to be tied down. She just doesn't strike me as being a hands on mother like Christine & I've always guessed that she's more of a part time Mom, busy with career & happy to have a live in nanny.

I personally think it was Robin's influence to instigate Cody's desire for the sister wives to be more unified. I think for the past 20 years the 3 wives have worked together but more as coworkers & not as family members. You can tell Meri & Janelle stay clear of each other & Christine is in her own little crumbling world.

Christine wanted to be wife #3, I don't think she imagined being the middle wife though, I think she thought she would always be the newest wife.

I feel that Robin has worked hard to cultivate a relationship with Meri (who really seems to need the friendship) but is getting resistance from the other 2. As Janelle says, sure I'll be there, but I'm not going to dance, I'm not going to rehearse. I feel that is her attitude to all of the group's activities (very much a non participant).

I think Robin accepts being wife 4 of 5 (or more) & wants the family/friendships more than Cody. She doesn't want to go back to being a struggling single mother.

I was offset by Meri taking Cody & her daughter into their bedroom to discuss making babies (or not making babies). I guess it's natural for her to have intimate discussions only in the bedroom but to me it was like we have tried & tried to make a baby naturally here on this bed & it didn't happen.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It seems he's okay with Robin and the other 2 constantly spitting out babies, what's his resistance to Meri? Because to me, it just looks like a power-play, and that he's basically 'checked-out' where she's concerned, as a real husband. The day he gets a vasectomy and say's he's done being a baby-factory, THEN I'll believe he really doesn't want more kids. I think it's cruel what he's doing with Meri. Also, while it's commendable that he is 'dad' to the rest of Robin's brood, who are not his bio-kids, therefore WHY would he reject Robin being a surrogate for Meri? It's all a bunch of bs excuses on his part, IMHO.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Has there ever been a season that Meri didn't feel sorry for herself? That always seems to be her main storyline.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, I was under the impression that Meri was the one that didn't want another child at this late stage of her life. Cody seemed to be pressuring her for a baby (or an answer at least) last year.

Harvesting eggs is not the easiest procedure (& not at all cheap). With Robin as surrogate, she will probably always feel as the biomom. Plus Meri is older & her eggs are more prone to complications & really, how many teenagers would you want to raise when you are (nearly) 60?

I think Meri has always been Cody's escape from the other wives & the extreme parenting demands required of parents of 8+ children. I think Meri is feeling very alone right now & I don't think it's a void that can be filled with a child.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I suspect it is producers who want that storyline from Meri. I'm sure she doesn't always feel sorry for herself but we have followed them starting with them going on the show and while Kody was happy about that, it did affect his commissions at the dealership, Meri LOST a job she loved and had been educated for and then they had to move. Add to that not being able to have another kid, a new wife easily getting pregnant and her daughter wanting to go back where they used to live for school.. So, prior to going public on this show, she would have had her daughter going to school nearby.. Things change.

As I remember it, Meri actually met Robin before Kody did, and those two have been close all along (R and M.

And last night I happened to look up at some point during an interview and Meri was sitting next to Kody and Robin was on the outside. That does happen.

I liked the gifts that were made for the girls to take off to college.. Meri did a great job on the quilt and the scrapbook.

Interesting that Christine says that the daughter who is leaving has been taking care of the family. Mykelti has a totally different temperament and isn't so likely to pick up the slack and she's not that far from graduation herself.

It was interesting that Meri was the only mom to graduate? If I heard what Christine said accurately..

I enjoyed their flash mob and seeing some of their monogamous neighbors, too.

I think Meri has wanted another child and year after year of course no baby, or miscarriage. In an early season they did talk about in vitro but not sure how far they went with that, especially with moving to a new state. And as with many women there does come a time when you realize it might not be all that easy. If they were a monogamous couple adoption might make sense but he has plenty of kids and he and Robyn are likely to have more kids together. I think Christine said she was done, but you never know.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I got the impression that she had difficulty getting pregnant with her daughter...the one show I have watched recently she was talking about her being her only child and one that she had to work really hard to get...infertility seems to have been an issue for her for a long time. I can understand she would be somewhat unhappy.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I can certainly understand Meri's unhappiness especially at this time in her life & with her situation. However, I remember in the 1st season Meri seemed to have special bonds with a few of the younger children. Of course, that was when they all lived under 1 roof. Didn't one of Christine's younger DDs even stay w/Meri for awhile when Christine was having some difficulty with her? Meri even took a special interest in Robyn's baby Soloman when he was born. You just don't see her interacting with any of the kids any more.....except for her own kid that is leaving soon. It just seems like she started putting a distance between herself & those other kids when they moved to Vegas. Maybe she could get w/her sister wives & suggest that she host regular sleep overs for 2 or more at a time kidos. All those kids love her, so why not?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Great idea, Texasdeb! I wonder if having the houses so far apart when they were in the rentals put some emotional distance between the families as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As recently as Christmas morning, one of someone's kids was with Meri and they went house to house to wake everyone up for the celebration.

And I thought that was one reason she wanted the extra counterspace so she could host everyone at times.

I just wish she could get work in her chosen profession (I forget but some sort of education) since that seemed rewarding for her and was snatched away when they went public.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
In an earlier season, Meri & Kody went to Mexico for an anniversary and she told him she did not want to try to have another baby. He was shocked.