TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through April 18, 2013 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Hopefully they will repeat it...I am missing my DC "fix!"

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
The new season (9) starts Tuesday, April 16th at 9:00p edt on the Discovery channel. A short sneak peek video is on the website:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/deadliest-catch

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The DC guys were in Austin for SXSW. I might have made the trip down south if I had know beforehand. I wonder if they did their "end of the season" trip to Austin...it kind of fits how they usually do it...be in a town in the middle of some event.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I could have sworn I read that Elliott was gone from this show, but I see him in the previews. I guess the report was wrong.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
from the twitter feed they may have done their captain's table there.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is it ridiculous that I'm happy that Deadliest Catch is starting tomorrow? There is a new pre-show called "The Bait" that comes on beforehand that is supposed to offer a "behind the scenes" type look at the show.

Also, just somethig else random, but "Overhaulin" is coming back. Love me some Foose!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I glad, too, Roxip. :-)

Thanks for the heads up on the pre-show. It must have a different name every week or something. Because I was looking to schedule next week's show, and instead of "The Bait", next week it's called "On Deck".

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, good to know! That's going to be annoying though (and I always liked "After the Catch").

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whoa, I think a lot of the ladies may be happy this season. Silver haired fox, Wild Bill, is single now. Wow.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really don't understand why they want to keep bringing Elliot back for the show. You can exclude that the ladies like him (like they do with Wild Bill). I guess they need a train wreck every season and he won't fail them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about Elliott. I wish he hadn't come back. I think he's a jerk. If we are supposed to care about his redemption they are going to have to work REAL HARD.

Loved the captains hosting thir own show, although I miss my secret crush, Mike Rowe.

I'm about halfway through the Time Bandit show...but I fell asleep (although not because I was bored - because it was past 1 a.m.!)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed the history of the Time Bandit. Maybe they are going to do this for all the big boats?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought it was interesting that they did so much of the work themselves on the boat. I guess I thought you took it to a boatyard and paid somebody else to do the work but it sure made it look like they did a lot of the work themselves, especially the painting and the installation of the windows. It also gave me a different perspective on Andy, who I always thought was the "nicer" brother. He sure took a hard line with Scotty, and Jonathan sure did call him out on it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Roxip, that's exactly what I was thinking, too. I was surprised that Jonathan ended up being the softer one inside.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I've met Sig, Andy and Jonathan at a meet & greet. Jonathan seems so sweet and he is MUCH better looking in person.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Things I noted...I watched the "First" Deadliest Catch show that was on and Sig now speaks in an entirely different tone of voice than he did on the first season. I don't know why but he does.

I've come to like Jonathan a lot more over the past year than I used to. He really didn't care for him when I first started watching, but the more they show him the more my perception of him has changed. It probably was the Captain Phil stuff that moved that along - his anguish over the illness and death and then his loyalty to help the Harris boys has been commendable.

Sad that Jake can't pull himself out of his addiction and that Josh has had to put his Cornelia Marie dreams on hold, but IMO he is better off at this point - Jake would just be a drain on Josh both emotionally and financially and he would put everybody else at risk if he had been allowed on a boat. I feel for both of them.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this show since Josh and Jake treated that captain that was hired to go after blue crab so terribly.

Are Josh and Jake not on the show this year?

I have always thought Jonathan was nicer then Andy and that Keith really tried to keep his crew safe even if he did have a short fuse.

Maybe I should start watching again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, Josh is still a deck hand on the Time Bandit. So he's there again on the show. No sign of Jake on anybody's boat.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
YW Lazylu :-)

Did anybody notice that over the years Edgar seems to get more handsome? My first crush was Sig, (still is), but Edgar gets better and better looking every season. I think it's funny that Sig is looking more beat up than Edgar, when Edgar is the one who does deck work. But then again, maybe it's Sig's lack of exercise and sleep that is aging him.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
And continuous smoking in the wheelhouse.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Apparently, Jake Harris is still dealing with his demons (drugs) and no one will let him on a boat this season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, that's a tough call (about the smoking and aging). Edgar is also a pretty heavy smoker. I think most of those guys are. I don't judge them at all about it. I quit for good 2 years ago this past Feb 28.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Good for you Naja!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you :-) I still crave them sometimes. But I won't go back.