TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 01, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 01, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Other hits indicate, unsurpisingly that the jewellry is mostly too expensive and also too plural wife oriented.

I cannot imagine the clothing they would produce since they all cover up so much and not in a very fashionable way.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
as far as the clothing: they do wear cute tops but they put either s/s or l/s tees under them. That's not how you are supposed to wear those kind of cute tops. They should stay away from top styles that are too reveiling for them instead of layering them on top of a Tee. There are really cute round neck or even v neck tees out there that these women could be wearing.

Heck, I'm 55 & even tho I think those revealing tops are so cute, they aren't cute on older women no matter how good we look. I would never wear one with a tee under it. There are just some clothing that you like, but avoid whether it's religion or age.

They should totally stay away from trying to market fashion!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I had no idea that they would even be considering resale value on picking their options. I thought they were trying to put down roots and have houses for the long term. In that case, pick the basics and save the money for family needs.

I picked all resale value things on the house that we built but I planned to be out of it in 5 years. Made sense to pick things based on that but if you're building four houses to stay together then resale value doesn't matter as much as economic decisions.

Sliding glass doors are called sliders. It's a nickname for them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have no idea, either.. but if they think they will stay in that house forever, they might also want great doors.

Actually, I consider it totally up to and between them (uh, except that they've put it out there on tv, hoping we will discuss it, ane.. we are)

Muffin

08-29-2007

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree with you about moving back to Utah. If their show ends, they won't have the money to pay their mortgages.
I also thought that sister wives live in the same house and raise their children together. Lots of changes since the show began. I personally am finding them a boring bunch of people.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Exactly, it was between them until they made it our business too. I used to find them endearing at first but I've gotten to know them and see how I would do it differently. Each to their own, of course.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I think the 4 houses side by side vs. one big house is feasible .. and definitely works better than the four houses spread out... but my question would be .. the other houses being built on that culdesac (sp?) ... is there a "need" for disclosure to the families buying them? (If the show continues to be filmed ... do the other families need to know this will cause "interruptions" ie: film crews .. yada yada yada)

It appeared that they will be the first families on the block... but I'm guessing there will be 4 - 5 more houses (at least two on each side) ..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wondered that too. Id be horrified if I bought a house on the same cul de sac. I can only imagine what that would do to property values with their 18 kids spread out among the four home with their toys in the yard and second hand beater cars in the driveway.Not to mention the film crews etc,

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I wonder if it would drive the price down (for the reasons you guys stated above, or if it would drive the price up for those misguided folks who'd want the 'prestige'.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Interesting questions.. I haven't seen them driving any old cars (certainly not as old as mine!.. but I keep mine in the garage) and hopefully the lots are big enough.. not always the case, of course.. that they have plenty of backyard room for toys and bikes and such.. but I might be pretty optimistic there.

I certainly WOULD want to know ahead of time about the situation. Especially the film crews.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
No way will this show last too long. They must be getting huge amounts of money now to be able to qualify for mortgages. Also, it's not a done deal, I wonder if it will go through.

I don't like Meri as much anymore and I dislike Kody even more than before. The novelty has worn off. I wish them well. I'll still probably watch, but not with as much interest as I had previously.

It bothers me that the kids seem to be the losers in this situation, keeping them together should have been a bigger priority. Now, none of them get much time with dad or with each other.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would think groups of the kids go to the same school and assume they are capable of walking or riding bikes from house to house.. they aren't farther apart now than I was from friends I spent a great deal more time with than I did with my brother (we attended the same K-8 and then didn't attend the same school until I went back to Berkeley after I got married and my brother transferred up there after his first year at UCIrvine.. he had started three new schools in a row and wanted established..

But I had friends where we'd go back and forth even overnight on weekends.

Military dads who are deployed, dads who travel for work, probably have less face to face time with their kids than Kody does. And they are moving toward all being next door.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Im thinking about the teenagers driving around in old beaters with the driveway full of cars.
Happymom i agree about Meri but im beginning to tolerate Kody alittle more than i use to. His younger children seem to really love him and feel at ease with him. Hes very affectionate towards them. I also think he "tries" to give his wives a voice and express their opinions at least more so than that Darger man that was featured a few episodes back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Dargers have their own show now.. the four adults seem to work out together a great deal .. not sure where all the kids are while they are all doing pull ups and such, but they seem to be in good shape.

Lardbrick

01-16-2006

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lardbrick a private message Print Post    
I couldn't agree more about Meri. she used to be my favorite but as things come out, aka the book and the shows that confront her behavior, she has become my least favorite along with Robyn. Meri has taken a page from Robyn's playbook and has decided to be the cryer this season. Sorry Meri but it's not working. I have no sympathy for a person who has the smallest family to get the most expensive and largest house. And the novelty of watching one man married to four women is wearing off. Better think harder about Plan B because the gravy train is about to stop. Bring on the Dargers!!! They appear to have more committment to their relationship and hopefully not as spoiled or mean spirited as Meri or conniving as Robyn.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought it was very telling when Kody complained that Meri would just get Robin on her side regarding the over budget on the house selections. Sounds like they tag team him. Is it me or does it seem like Robin has very little talk time on the show?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Can't stand Meri or her DD - IMO, they both act like they're more special than the rest. Robyn doesn't get much time because she isn't the least bit interesting! I like Janelle the best, always have & I like Christine. I like the attitudes of Janelle's & Christine's teenagers as well.

In 6 months or so, Meri will have the largest home (6 bedrooms plus the extra common area) & SHE will be the only person living in this home. Makes no sence!

Cody is planning on fathering more kids so that means that Robyn is going to turn into a baby making machine since the other women are done having kids. Robyn is Meri's fav so maybe Meri is needing these extra rooms to "mother" some of these upcoming kids for Robyn. To somebody turning in for the 1st time, it would be hard to tell that Meri is not the mother of Soloman.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand why Meri & Robin didn't consolidate their households into one - especially with Robin having credit problems & planning on having more children. They could have a larger house for family functions with a wetbar, french doors, patio & maybe even a pool.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I made this same suggestion awhile back. Seems like these are track homes & they have limited floor plans & add on options. Seems like they could have 4,5, or 6 bedrooms & had to have the 6 bedroom plan to get the dreaded wet bar & additional common area that Meri demanded. My understanding, the other wives ea got either 4 or 5 bedroom homes with no additional add on stuff. I could be wrong but, I'm sure that Meri is the only one that is getting the wet bar/additional common area add on w/her 6 bedroom home. She was also wanting more expensive interior details & that is why Cody was trying to put his foot down w/her. Janelle & Christine seem to understand what staying in or under budget means. Robyn is just happy to be a part of this.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I was shocked to see that paltry little wet bar. For all the added expense, extra bedroom reqd, and drama, it makes no sense. Heck, build the house and have a contractor come in later to install one. They all have access to the same laminate materials/granite to make it match.

After seeing what my own (very reasonable) contractor produced after my mold abatement & stripped down house, I just bet he would have produced that wetbar for around $500. A lot of contractors are looking for work these days!

My Sis used to have a wetbar in her former house. Non-drinkers, but she said it's handy for kids to be able to reach & get their own glass of water.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I was surpised to hear Janelle had left alone for a while.

It was nice to see the other younger kids in the video. dont see much of these.

still seems to me like this is 4 different families sharing one husband. not sister wives supporting each other . Lots of hostilities and such coming thru.
The Dargers seem like a whole family

The money situation alone seems like a huge fight to me. separate and together monies.

No doubt Mary is a little selfish here. But I remember one of the other kids living with her for a while, I think Robyns. I am sure other kidss will stay with her from time to time.

But swear when this show is over and the money from it is no longer there they will have big problems

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
A "wet bar" does not have to mean it's for acoholic beverages. A "wet bar" is a common area that has a sink. Hello, the SINK is what makes it a wet bar!

But still, I do not like Meri & I don't see why she needs this: please remember, the only house plan that would allow the "wet bar" was the 6 bedroom home. Meri is getting a 6 bedroom home & her only child graduates high school this june...........hmmmm

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
my purpose to put in a wet bar was to have kids wash hands away from my cooking to be out of the way

Holidays I fill it up with ice to use as a cooler for drinks.

it is handy

but having to put in another bedroom for it is not worth it. but if Mary has the 4600.00 to pay for the overages herself. I guess she can afford it bet it pissed off some other moms

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
Were Janelle and Christine pregnant at the same time for some of their kids? They all look about the same age. Kody is probably hoping that Meri will either have a baby or not so he can have another with Robin.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Im wondering if Robin would like to take back what she offered to Meri. At the time,she had just given birth,she was feeling vulnable (sp). Shes probably thinking she still has at least 3 more of her own to give Kody and also another for Meri. Robin looks alittle bedraggled and has appeared to have aged excessively since she joined the Brown clan.I think the thought of giving birth to 3-4 more would do me in.