TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 22, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 22, 2012 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Plus Mariya doesnt see as much of the chaos as the other kids do. When its her father Kodys time to spend his night with her and Meri, its nice and quite and they have his undivided attention.Plus from what I understand,Meri and Mariya get as much/the same amnt of household money as the other three family units so in her eyes plural marriage aint so bad.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Forgive me, but I can't remember if this has been discussed: When Meri and Kody first got married/together, did she know he was into this 'plural' marriage thing? Was it her idea? Or, was it something she eventually got on board with?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I believe, Meri introduced the whole plural wife thing to Cody.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was thinking Codys father was a plig, but I may be wrong.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Maybe Mariya wants to be in a plural marriage because seeing Meri as the first and legal wife. The wife # that she might want to be may answer a number of questions. Maybe Meri does get more and does have more 'power' than what we are allowed to see. A lot of issues were brought up when they were interviewed about the book. We are thought to believe that they are all equal, but Meri could very well be the matriarch of the family.

Like Christine always said she wanted to be the third (or was it the last) wife. Of course that all changed when Robin came in the picture and then Christine started having major issues. Maybe the other kids see the pain that Janelle and Christine might have bertween Kody and Meri, and Mariya sees the benfits? Robin's kids are just to young and new right now to see any underlting issues. But all this is just MO.

I really should get their book.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Did they have a new show last night? I watched Survivor finale so I didn't even think about this show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They had two new episodes last night. One was going back to Utah and taking the family dog for the last time. And the other was picking out things for the house and Christine taking the real estate license test.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mamie, did they say if she passed? I just saw her griping that she felt alone and unsupported through all that. (I was watching 2 or 3 shows simultaneously so didn't see all of it.)

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Yes, Christine passed the test.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Granjan: I'm glad for her. :-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting to DVR some shows, will try to
watch online.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I had to FF thru the dog episode. I thought the "Mourning The Loss" episode was going to be about Meri's wetbar or french doors ;) .

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
OMG about not wanting a slider. You can always make changes later. I watch their financial situation and can't believe the houses they are getting. I'm not one to judge and I think I'm doing better than them financially but I wouldn't push for a wetbar if I didn't drink alcohol. I would get a slider and update later when the money is good. I used to like Meri but she is coming across as manipulative and whining lately. Put on your big girl pants and join the party.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What's a slider?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming a sliding glass door?

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
12/3 Lakecat said - I smell a TLC Darger spin off.

Tonight 9pm CST on TLC -

My Three Wives
NEW Joe Darger married his wife, Alina, and on the same day married her cousin, Vicki; Joe's third wife is Vicki's twin sister, Val; the Dargers are a polygamous family.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Maybe Meri's upgrades issue is stirred-up drama to entertain us? I mean, they're making several shows about this stuff.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, cried my eyes out over the stupid dog that I never even met! I felt like Kody was being a real ass saying that he grew up on a farm and didn't see the big deal about putting down an animal. Wasn't he just saying a minute before how their animals were a part of the family? Ugh!!! Sometimes he just makes my stomach turn.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wasn't paying enough attention.. totally missed about Christine taking that exam! Glad she passed.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No way was I watching the dog episode. Im wondering if they will ever really move into these homes. Seems like itd be easier to go back to Utah and add on to there old house for Robin.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For resale value, the addons Meri wants actually make sense.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sure they do,if you can afford them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Kody has a job (other than the TV show) in Vegas. They don't talk much about it, but that's where his little sportscar convertible came from. It was a bonus from his job (probably leased by his company for a company car). They need to stay in Vegas now, cause they've made a life there. I'm sure the TV show is subsidizing the homes. I think all the drama about finances is just for TV.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But I'm guessing that French doors aren't wildly unusual in new homes.

I also think Kody may be a car salessman there, as he was before.

And we don't know who is working on or had a RE license now. I'm thinking Janelle was one who was interested and thinking she'd have gotten it. Christine was the other wife who went with Kody at that time.

Robyn? Not sure, but she was pregnant and don't think Meri went along on that.

The jewellry business seems to be credited more to Christine and Robyn for the designs, though all four names were on some items.

http://www.mysisterwifescloset.com/

Actually other than the items attributed to all four, only two are just Christine's and five are Robyn's.

Not that we know of any sales, but they have that site, plus allude to FB and Twitter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Here is a site referring to the other site, but also selling their book and offering themselves for speaking engagements.

I must say that since many of the RW contestants and from other "reality" shows can command a bewilderingly high price for speaking, the Browns may have some income in that area too.

http://www.kodybrownfamily.com/