TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 01, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Meri likes to entertain the family to sometimes take that burden off the moms with more kids.

I just think it is up to them and they are each signing for the loans so they each choose size and features (within what can be done in that location, of course). Again, yes Janelle has more kids but several of them seem about ready to fly the coop and I bet that isn't going to make her want a smaller home. As I recall, Christine, I think, got a pool when they rented homes, which could seem unfair.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But I sure do think Robyn's sister should be paying into any general fund they might have.

OTOH, it could be that her sister was also involved in one of the big FLDS families and has recently basically fled and has been taken in by Robyn. I'd be okay with that. Not that they asked me.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
There was no mention of Robyn's sisters finances, she came to help. Perhaps she is compensated by room & board in exchange for watching Robyn's kids while she works.

Merit is being incrediably selfish, IMO. I understand not wanting a tiny house, but she seems to be adding financial burden. She doesn't have as many kids, that is a simple fact and doesn't need 5 bedrooms. Her daughter plans to return to Utah very soon. Janelle was going thru her house and figuring ways to make it work with minimum upgrades to help the bottom line.
I also think it is obvious that Merit doesn't really want another baby. She told Kody no a couple years ago on their anniversary trip to Mexico. I think she is a bit of a control freak and rather acts the shrew towards Janelle and Christine.
Perhaps they should have pro-rated the financial division to reflect the # of people in each household.
I'm not much of a Merit fan anymore. If I were the rate my favorites at this point:

Janelle
Christine
Robyn
Meri

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
If their kids are mostly leaving in a couple years, why want a big house?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Sugar-I think Meri sort of uses her inability to have children as a sympathy card. If she *really* felt all those kids were just like her own,she wouldnt want such a great big house-that takes money away from their well being. Why does she need a wet bar,I thought they didnt drink. Cant she use one of the bedrooms as a hobby room?
I noticed The Browns visit another Polygamist family next week-the guy thats married to twin sisters-I see a TLC spin off in the future.
ETA-maybe Kody is getting Meri to do his dirty work for him. Knowing Kody it is he that wants the big house. I think his name is only on Meris loan.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
a 3 bedroom is the most that Meri needs: 1 for her, 1 for her only child to come home to, & a guest rm.

Robyn is the only current wife that will prob. be spitting out more kids. It seems that she gets more "attention" from Cody than the others so she'll prob. have baby after baby until she gets a little older or until Cody finds a new, younger wife to bear his offspring. He's fathered 14 already & is step-dad to 3 more. How many kids does this guy want?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I have always viewed Robin as the sweet little pretty, "trophy" wife.
Janelle seems like a lovely person with Cody as her friend but I don't see any attraction between them ;Christine is high maintenance/high strung and Meri is well,wifey #1 who has the purse strings.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Do the wimmins cut Cody's hair with toenail scissors? With their toes?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Goddess....."you too funny"! I don't like his hair either. But, lions are known for their head hair & they dominate over a herd of gals....so....!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe TLC wants them to catch up to the Duggars?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OTOH, it could be that her sister was also involved in one of the big FLDS families and has recently basically fled and has been taken in by Robyn. I'd be okay with that. Not that they asked me.

Sea, that's kind of what I was trying to imply above. We don't know exactly why Robyn's sister is staying with her, but if she's helping out with the kids and pulling her own weight around the house, I see nothing wrong with it. What's one more mouth when they already have so many?

I just don't think Meri wants another baby at this point. If she did, she'd be all over the idea. As much as it was uncomfortable to see Kody pressuring her, I think he's getting tired of the song and dance. Just make a decision already!

Lakecat, I thought the same thing about the wet bar. Why would you want one if you don't drink? I'll tell you, I lived in a house for 3 1/2 years that had a wet bar, and I never could figure out what to do with it. I don't get why she wants it so bad.

Redpen, the issue with the builders' plans is not that they don't have the wet bar in it. It's that the wet bar is only included in the plans for the 5 bedroom home. Each model is already laid out in the blueprints, they aren't able to add or subtract rooms or major features apparently. It's a tract home, not a custom home.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Are The Duggars the same religion as The Browns?
I guess at this point Robyn is the only one that can provide more children. I think Janelle is getting too old,and Christine has said no more kids.Meri probably doesnt want anymore.
Redpen,BJM is right,Im a model home assistant and when building a tract home the option to add extra sq footage or move walls and such have little to no wiggle room for changes.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No, the Duggars are not the same religion as the Browns. I do not know what exact sect of fundamental Christianity the Duggars are, but the Browns are LDS, which is not considered a traditional Christian faith.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Apparently there are different kinds of LDS? Also wasnt that what Romney is? Confused.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Romney is a LDS. The mainstream sect of LDS appears to want to improve their public image and distance themself far away from their polygamous roots. Then there are people like the Browns (and apparently there are others) who want to appear mainstream but continue to have multiple marriages. Then there are people like that guy in West Texas who are more like LDS cults who take advantage of entire families...I would liken that more like a cult. I guess like any organized group you have splinter groups who embarrass the rest of the family!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Browns are in one of the fundamental LDS groups, not the mainstream LDS. But they are NOT in the cult like sects (FLDS) run by the likes of Warren Jeffs, etc. I think Robyn came from people in one of those families. She was married to a Jessop (of course there are tons of people with that name, due to plural marriages and reassignment of wives, where all the kids take on the last name of the new "father".

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't think I said that the Browns were associated with the cult-like sects. We hear a lot about them since they set up shop in West Texas...I guess our wide open spaces encourage crazies like that (we also were "blessed" with David Koresh). They are scary people!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm sure many people paint the LDS with one brush.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just know that one LDS woman was a huge blessing in my life...she was my daughter's first caregiver and she taught me so much about being a mother and gave my daughter two years of care...I don't know how I would have gotten through those first years without her! She had 5 children under the age of 4 in her home (one of them with serious health issues) and she ran them like a little, much beloved army...she could take them to WalMart, PTA meetings, church...and they all thrived under her care. It was amazing!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
"For those asking for clarification, yes we are fundamentalist Mormons. No we are not in the FLDS church which is also a group of Fundamentalist Mormons. ...

Meri at:
http://www.examiner.com/article/meri-brown-confirms-the-religion-of-the-stars-of-sister-wives

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Perhaps we both knew the same woman Roxip. Or maybe the mainstream LDS encourages strong women. When I was a very young mother with a sick baby and a disinterested husband, I would have lost it if not for a wonderful LDS neighbor who was always there in a crisis. She had three children under three, but always had time to help and a shoulder to cry on. And to top it all off, she made the best cocoa I've ever had before or since.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
:-)

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Friday, November 30, 2012 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Do all the women use the surname Brown?

From reading up on the family they appear to belong to a group called Apostolic United Brethren, which is not LDS or FLDS affiliated, but is a break off branch of Fundamentalist mormon's which follow the teachings of the bible and the book of mormon, but broke away from Mormonism when the church abolished plural marriage. When the church split into LDS and FLDS they followed their own profit that felt it was important to stay involved in their surrounding communities and be up front about their plural marriage beliefs rather than being driven underground. They also seem to be much less patriarchal and have absolutely no tolerance for any kind of spousal or child abuse.
That is my understanding of it anyway..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 30, 2012 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was looking on the My Sister Wives website.. and they all use the surname Brown there.

Interesting that so far, all they have is jewelry. Some pieces are designed by all four of them but Christine and Robyn have more "credits" on their own..

Kellirippa, what you found sounds like what I've heard. On one show where they were answering questions they were QUITE outspoken about the child brides and abuses within the FLDS sects.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, December 01, 2012 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
They were on Steve Harvey yesterday. Meri looks like she's lost some weight. It was enjoyable to see them. There wasn't much substance to the interview though. Christine did most of the talking, from my memory anyway. Meri was very quiet.