TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 26, 2012 users admin

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
eeeeew. That's just a yucky thought..I wonder if Robin's sister is contributing any money to the family budget?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
eew. I never thought about that. (Robin's sis being a new wife.) That seems so ... eew.

Lakecat I agree with you about Meri's house. I'm sorry for her that she wants more children and cannot biologically have them (or can't w/o a lot of medical intervention and even w/that it didn't work, so it may never), but a huge house with lots of bedrooms doesn't change that or make up for it. If they are all one big family, why aren't they pooling their money? If they subscribe to the separate households theory, why does she need resources for a house with so many empty bedrooms?

I know Janelle explained that she was resentful, or feeling negative about it in some way, but that it was best for their family. But I still don't get it...it seems they are doing what is best for Meri out of sympathy and not really what is best for most in the family...the kids.

I like Meri ok, but in a way, it seems she is being somewhat manipulative emotionally and I don't think that should apply practically to their situation. And maybe she is not even doing it conciously. Sympathy is an emotion. Kindness, sympathy, and empathy are given through emotions, not physical things such as a house.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if they would have been better off staying in Utah and waiting out the storm over their lifestyle choices. They could have built on a bigger apt. for Robin. They all seemed happier in Utah. Janelle could have kept on working, because she seemed to like her job. Meri worked too, and Christine seemed to like the stay at home mom role. The kids would have been happier too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meri was laid off after their show started airing, but she DID like her job in Utah.

I think Meri needs a house big enough to host the whole family, but probably not a raft of bedrooms. And possibly not as many bathrooms.
If they are getting four loans, is Kody co-signing on each one of them, or only on Meri's (since he is only legally married to Meri)?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Sea , Cody would be signing off on the house with Meri only as she is his legal spouse.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
What I dont understand is they were happier (and keep sayint it ) and more of a family in utah because they lived under the same roof. why do they not buy 2 lots together and at least build 2 large houses rather than 4 individual houses.
Seems to me they would be bypassing the single family home rule as it is one dad bunch of kids and 2 woumen.

as far as Myriah, she is going to college soon and it will just be Mary. no reason she cant have a 2 bedroom apartment type place in a combo house like it was in the utah house.

cheaper to build a larger house than smaller ones

and totall agree Kody doesnt need cutsy small cars and motorcycle

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think the loan/real estate woman said Cody and Meri you are approved when she passed them their paperwork, and for the others, she just said each woman's name by itself.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Even though I really like Robyn, I feel that overall, she has been a negative addition to this family: They didn't just get a 4th wife, they got the responsibility of providing for her 3 kids from her prev. marriage. And, by the way - does her X have anything to do with these kids or pay child support? Now, she's had Cody's baby & brought her bio-sister on board. She has contributed 6 additional people now that "the family" has to take care of.

Meri is the one that pushed for this 4th wife. Perfect sollution would be for Meri & Robyn to share a home - one kitchen, one commen area, with equal master suites on either side of the home. That would put 7 people in this home (not counting Cody). Janelle & Christine each have 6 kidos. Build them homes on either side of this "common" home to accomodate them since there would be 7 people in each home (not counting Cody). They could have a common back yard for all 3 homes with the main backyard entertaining area - including only 1 swimming pool - being behind the center house that Meri & Robyn share. Why haven't they thought of this?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Kody has another sales job in Vegas, which is where the cute little sportscar convertible came from. They mentioned in a previous episode (last season) that it was a reward from work. Probably a demo or a company car. They're not paying for that one.

I don't see Robyn's sister as a potential wife. Kody has said he's not looking for another wife. I'm thinking maybe Robyn's sister was unhappy in her previous home (who knows what her situation was?) and Robyn offered her a place to live in return for help with the kids. I see nothing wrong with it and have seen many families do the exact same thing.

As for building one giant home, I think there may be some kind of building codes against that in LV. Having four homes together seems to be the best solution for them. We don't know how much they're getting from TLC for this show, but apparently it's enough to support their new homes. Why should we all be so worried about it?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I don't think we all are worried about it. I think we're more curious than anything and so that's why this thread is great, because we can express our thoughts and opinions and then see what others have to share.

I liked your post because a lot of what you posted are my thoughts too, well except the worried about it part...LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Robyn's Ex is a Jessop and child support?? Probably they consider her apostate and dead to them and she probably had to take on the debts to keep her children.

I'm not worried about it, either.. they have to do what works for them.. Yes some were happier in one big home, but some have liked having a separate home.

If they get these four lots/homes, they probably can one giant back yard, sort of like the one in Big Love, if they want that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree with Texasdeb 100%. The whole "Meri should get the same everything",rubs me the wrong way-as does Robyns sister. Im thinking Christine and Janelle are not happy.
It would be hard enough to share the same man, but when the financials are distributed evenly regardless of need, and yet another woman,a woman that contributes nothing financially that isnt even a sister wife, comes in to the household,thats too much.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
There is no pity towards any sister wife who has problems with Meri and the size of her house. These women choose to live this lifestyle and must suffer the consequences. If Cody were to drop dead tomorrow she would not have to share his Social Security benefits or life insurance.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm not worried about these folks either. I am interested in them & for sure, this show on TLC has provided tham a life that they would not have otherwise.

On a shallow note: Janelle has the best looking kids followed by Christine's. Meri's child is the least attractive of the bunch & she looks like her dad. I've not included Robyn's 3 from her prev. HB but, her 2 daughters are really cuties. Meri's kid & Janelle's 2nd son, Hunter look so much alike - the "look" is better on the boy. They both look just like Cody. Like I said, I'm being shallow!

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Having a wet-bar is not worth struggling over with the other sister wives. I think Meri's wish to be entertaining more is compensation for one having one daughter.

I do feel bad for Meri. Cody's now pressing her for IVF. In their world, it seems like the vibe is that she has failed. But did you notice when Robyn sat down in the auditorium Meri grabbed her baby right away? In a regular marriage, I bet they would adopt. But I don't see Kody wanting that because it wouldn't be "his."

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
And WOW was Cody pressuring about the IVF & Meri having another baby! I have no use for this dude, is he trying to make up for shortages in the nether regions to prove he is manly - by popping out kids as fast as possible?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought it was sweet when Robyn's baby went straight to Meri. It is obvious that she loves children. I wonder if one of the reasons she was willing to go into the sister wife arrangement in the first place was her struggle with infertility and the desire to have a large family.

On the other hand, what was up with her makeup last night? Her face was noticeably darker than her hands and her makeup looked caked on.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
Didn't Cody say something about "I'll be having other children, so this is all about if you want another child for yourself" Did he mean Robyn and he/ or is he thinking of Christine or Janell?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Probably just thinking of himself...as usual! But the truth is that he seems totally obsessed with Robyn (can you believe he left his son's graduation to try and find her?) so they will undoubtedly have more children.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Meri's conflict is a signal not to have another child. If she isn't 100% positive, she should just go on being a mother to the sister wives' kids. Even her sister said Meri had changed her attitude lately. What she wanted when she was younger isn't what she truly desires now.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Meri went from being my fav SW to my least fav.I just dont think its fair for her to want that huge house with five bedrooms,with a second child or not. And would it have hurt Cody to have patted Janelles leg or squeezed her hand when she was getting emotional over her sons graduation? I see absolutely no husband/wife affection between he and Janelle-for that matter there is not much between he and Christine either.Robyn and Meri are clearly his favorites but yet it was Janelle and Christine who bore all those passel of children.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But is that Meri's fault? Why shouldn't she deserve the same as all the other wives? For that matter, they have all collectively taken on a huge debt when Robyn was added to the family...feeding and housing her children from a prior relationship...not to mention her sister? Does she deserve the same size house? I think Meri wants her house to be the center of their extended family life and that wouldn't work in a 3-bedroom ranch style house.

Besides, I suspect there are certain minimum house sizes in their selected neighborhood.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Perhaps she can get all new furniture or a built in swimming pool in leiu of a larger home- Im thinking about the cost of a higher mortgage and finance charges over 30 yrs and the heating and cooling bill alone.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I totally see your point, and quite honestly I wouldn't want the upkeep of such a huge house (plus I definitely wouldn't want to clean it...LOL).

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, November 26, 2012 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Why was that wet-bar eve in the model if the builder didn't already have plans for one?

I have no use for Kody. He should run off with Robyn.