TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 21, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like them all, really.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
pushing this up to the top......I have been watching a marathon of last season. The new season starts tonight @ 9 est & 8 cst. I'll be watching

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Doesn't sound to me that Robin would have normally qualified for the mortgage. I suspect TLC threw down a larger than normal down payment to make it happen.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yep, Redpen. First question was why she couldn't pay anything, then PLUNK there's $4,000 paid on the first/biggest credit card bill. Where did that come from?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know how much they get paid bey TLC? It sometimes seems to me that that is their only income and must be why the women qualify for a mortgage.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I've always thought that this reality show IS their biggest source of income.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I am tuning into this show for the first time.

Does Cody work? There are a lot of mouths to feed here and four houses has to be so expensive. I guess TLC pays them big bucks?

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
If her score was below 600, how the heck does it get improved in one month?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not sure of the timing, but probably during housing down time. Some of them were training to get real estate licenses, starting the jewellry line.

Before they moved, Meri worked. Janelle worked and made more. Kody worked.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
I too wonder how in the world they qualified. They were looking at those lots earlier this year so not too long ago and lending requirements have gotten tougher. Where is their down payment? If I was a lender I would not consider the TLC money as ongoing income because that will not be ongoing. Who knows? Maybe they have a lot if money put away but I am very suspicious of how they all qualified. Probably high interest rates

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Did I see Cody driving a different color sports car?

In last night's show the color of his car looked to be a creamy bronzish color and not the white one he drove before.

Anyone else notice this?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if he's back to selling cars?

(lol.. as opposed to buying them.. but they could be product placements too)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It just galls me that Cody has all those kids, needs $$ and has a snazzy sports car as if he is some young, single stud muffin.
I like the wives even though I don't understand their acceptance of this lifestyle.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
There seems to be alot of hard feelings towards Meri having the same size house as the others when it is just her and her daughter. I wonder why she wants a 5 bdrm house (and a larger mortgage to pay for it). I am not looking forward to her having IVF, etc. that are dragging that storyline way too long.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Thanks Seamonkey, I didn't know that Cody was in car sales. So having a new model sports car makes sense now.

Marameko, I'm not totally sure why the wives accept their lifestyle but I believe it has to do with religious afterlife beliefs. So I think Cody having multiple wives assures him and them their place in the afterlife. Something along that line of thinking.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the other wives need to be appreciative of the fact that Meri is the one who makes all of their lives easier. If she had been unaccepting of the lifestyle when Cody first started foraging into it their lives could have all been a lot more miserable.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Egbok I am inactive Mormon so I understand well the concept, I still don't get "it " as I would not want to share.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Was anybody else disappointed by this episode? The teasers seem to have been running for months and every single thing in the teasers was some sentence taken out of context. I guess I shouldn't say I'm disappointed in the episode, more the marketing of the episode. I'm glad to see that they are living without any major conflict in their lives; they are getting along and even though there always seems to be talk of money problems, they are buying an entire Las Vegas cul de sac of brand new homes..Yay for them, but.. this is not the show or the family that TLC would lead us to believe it is..
Once you watch a season or two and wrap your head around the fact that these 4 women enjoy the company of this creepy man-child, the show is actually pretty boring..

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure that Robin did pay $4000 for her credit card payment. The guy said it had been settled. She could have paid way less or none at all. (Unless it was larger than $4000 and that was the settlement amount?)

I really don't like how much the ep dragged out the will they qualify/won't they. Annoying.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
He looks like a reject from the Billy Ray Cyrus Fan Club, with less class/tact.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It's difficult for me to think that even one woman would fall for Cody, much less four. And they seem like very nice women. Surely in the polygamist community they might have found someone who has more going for him than Cody. Or maybe he is the best of a bad lot and living that life is something they really want.

When polygamy began in the LDS it really served a purpose. They lived on ranches that were far apart and the women were there for each other much more than their husbands were. Now, not so much.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well Id definitely have to turn in my "Sister Wife" card,because I would raise all kinds of hell if Meri had a great big house *AND* got the same amnt of household monies as the other three wives.Gosh doesnt Janelle have like 6 or 7 kids? Meri has one that will be gone in a year or two,thats just not right getting the same amnt of money and to me that means some of the other kids may suffer to make things "fair" for Meri.

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
Meri is actually the only legally married Sister wife. She could divorce Cody and take him (and the others) for half of everything they have. She's the only one who will qualify for Social Security under Cody's record. If I were Meri, I would have planned a home that had fewer bedrooms, and much more open space in the common rooms, and a bigger backyard with a pool. I think Meri just wants what the others have because she feels left out in the "having a baby every year" club.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Was I the only one that raised eyebrows that Robin's sister is now living with her and helping her with the kids? Do I see a 5th wife in the near future?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh yes,I forgot about that Zgoodgirl. Funny how she just slipped right on in. Why cant Meri help her with the kids? I thought that was one of the points of having a sister wife-was helping one another. Im wondering with all of Robins financial problems etc if she didnt just see Cody as more of a way out of her problems-sort of like he and the sister wives AND the show could "save" her from her problems.I think they should draw the line at two biological sisters sharing the same man.