TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 13, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 13, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Is Kody from a polygamist family? Could be different mothers; different genes?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Kody grew up in polygamy. His mother married Janelle's dad after he was an adult (maybe his father passed away?). Maybe he's disguising a bald spot under all that hair?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I've seen Kody's hairline when he's been outdoors and it has receded pretty much back to his ears on either side. The center looks fairly intact. The long hair is just a disguise to make us think he still has a full head of hair!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting about this show but I did catch the episode where the oldest son toured two colleges and the Sisterwives put down earnest money for four homes. Then I watched "Sister Wives Tell All". An interview with Natalie Morales. I was pretty shocked by how much discourse there was among the wives or among Cody and apparently still is.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I watched it too Lakecat.
Logan seems like such a nice young man that wants to have a regular life without having to watch over the younger siblings. He needs the college experience of being on his own and getting an education to have a career and not just a job.

I don't like Meri but I have always liked Janelle. To learn that there is still a lot of jealousy, etc. between all the wives means not all is rosy in the Brown family. I think I would have preferred to think they all got along well.
There is no way I could live with another woman (in the same house) even if I really liked the other woman. I would be cranky after a period of time.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I was a little put off with Meri's whining about deserving a large house because she'd "wanted a lot of children". So what? What a freaken waste of money! They really should have built at least one duplex and maybe Meri could have been in the smaller side and one of the others in the larger side. Her daughter will be out of the house next year, so it just seems to be a waste to me.

I like Janelle, too. She has a great head on her shoulders. The only thing I don't care for is the religious push she's doing on Logan.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Janelle is my favorite SW too,but I think her and Cody are more like roomates and business partners than husband and wife.Yes,Id be pissed if Meri got a great big house. she has ONE child,sorry if she feels "punished".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gosh, I have a whole condo, no kids..I paid for it and I don't feel even remotely guilty. Neither does my cat.

Plenty of discord..sounds like writing that book brought out stuff that some would rather not have learned..

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I've only seen this show once. How does Cody support all these wives and kids? Does he work and do any of the women work? I'm soo happy with one husband and no kids.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
really makes me want to "buy the dang book"! Makes me wander if that tell-all interview was more of a book promotion..........

If Meri "needs" as big a home as the others, fine - make it as big. Just fewer bedrooms (why would she need more than 2 - 3 at most). Make Meri's house have the larger family areas so she can "host" when all 21+ of them do family meetings, church, holidays, etc. When I say 21+ I don't just mean more babies from the 4 moms, I mean wives & husbands & babies from the already 17 kids as well.

1st we heard about the fiancee that would have been wife #2. I'm thinking Meri picked her & Cody didn't click w/her........

1st we've heard about Meri/Janelle struggling early on. I always thought that Meri brought Janelle into the mix since she already knew her because of Janelle being prev married to Meri's bro. But, it seems like the 2 women still struggle & it's really a forced friendship.

Now, we find out that Christine has always been chubby & that Cody wasn't attracted to her......& actually grossed out with her eating habits. Christine DID grow up in a poly. environment & always wanted that life for herself. Makes you think that Meri had something to do with getting this wife! No wander that Christine has insecurities.......

IMO - Cody's 1st love was Meri. "Meri" wanted the poly. life & got Cody on board. "Meri" picked out Robyn & Cody actually fell in love w/Robyn. "Meri" finally got it right! No wander that Christine feels jealous!

I too like Janelle the best. She's giving, not needy, a good mom, a business woman, & seems to try to avoid the drama that the other women seem to thrive on. But, she is the only "wife" that wasn't raised in this environment but chose it. What the hey is wrong w/her? Who, in their right mind, would choose this?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Anyone else ever notice how Kody looks like he's filled with rage (but is trying to look like he's just "thinking") when any of the wives don't immediately say, "oh yes, Kody dear, whatever YOU want, I want too".

I saw so much anger in his face when they were deciding whether to go ahead with buying the properties. And at the end he had to be sure to guilt them with the "well, I'm not going to go on with this running around to see my wives, much longer"

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, June 25, 2012 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
This is pretty much the face I mean:

Picture credit:
http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/kody-brown-says-courting-multiple-wives.html

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
almost looks like a "mug shot" of a serial killer or something.

I still have to ask......why are all of the teen girls so chubby? Janelle's teen DD not so much as the others.

I still find this family interesting & look forward to the next season of "Sister Wives". I'm not a big book reader, but I may just have to get theirs. It sounds like it is very honest & I'm really curious to find out more about Janelle.

Janelle's 3 teens are attractive (haven't paid much attention to her other 3). Meri's dd is pretty homely looking IMO. Christine's 2 teen dd's have pretty faces & she has that younger dd that bonds w/Meri that is really attractive. I know, looks aren't everything! Robyn's 2 dd's are both really cute. Hey, we're watching this family on our TVs & I'm commenting on what I see.

I believe that the bulk of this family's income IS from this show. That means that we will continue to watch them until TLC cancels them. Who, in their right mind, would give up their meal ticket?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hukedon I've noticed that from the beginning with. Cody. He looks pissed when one of the SW's disagrees with him. I can tell he's extremely insecure. I wonder how much the plural marriages is about stroking his ego and less about religion.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree..............it's like

I'll sleep with/at Christine's tonight, then - I go sleep with/at Janelle's tomorrow, then - I get to sleep with/Meri (and by the way, SHE tells me what to do)...............finally, I get to sleep w/the woman I love, Robyn..........all is good!

So sorry...........I'm just trying to put ,myself in Cody's head..........

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree..............it's like

I'll sleep with/at Christine's tonight, then - I go sleep with/at Janelle's tomorrow, then - I get to sleep with/Meri (and by the way, SHE tells me what to do)...............finally, I get to sleep w/the woman I love, Robyn..........all is good!

So sorry...........I'm just trying to put ,myself in Cody's head..........

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Remind me not to share a picture or hand over the key to MY head

Nana

07-24-2004

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nana a private message Print Post    
In a previous season when the family went to visit grandparents, I got the impression that Christen's mom and Cody’s dad were married. Making them step brother and sister. And he still marries her even when he is grossed out by her.

Conistired

05-08-2011

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Conistired a private message Print Post    
Cody's dad is married to Janelle's mom.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
New season starting next Sunday... promos show same old strife.. still in Vegas.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I quite like them and this show. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good. I was wondering if they were coming back. I like them too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seems to start off where it left off.. buying homes or trying to. Some having doubts, etc.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I love this show because for some reason I can relate to the women. Cody seems threatened by them at times, and that makes me laugh.

OT, I'm happy to see that all 3 SW from Big Love are now on high-rated TV series.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
thanks for the heads up. I enjoy this show as well.