TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through May 26, 2012 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was surprising to see Freddie be so harsh on the young men in the first place - he has always seemed to caring toward Josh and Jake when he was on the Cornelia Marie. Maybe he thought that was how it was expected to be on the Wizard?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
THAT'S his name, Freddie! I agree, I was surprised he wasn't kinder.

And I'm glad Sig offered Josh Harris a spot as a deckhand for next season! I'll bet he was quieter because it wasn't his Dad's boat and he was just feeling out whether he was welcomed by the crew.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
When did this show start again?!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Frogi, back in April

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is it Josh or Jake? I was thinking it was Jake. Regardless, I am happy that he was offered the Northwestern job for opie too. I think he knows that he has to rebuild his reputation and earn his way into his job...he was given a chance and he seems to have made the most of it (and so glad that he got the hook shot on the first try...LOL!).

The other one (Josh?) is on the Time Bandit, which they haven't shown a lot so far this year (but did you notice that Jonathan was shown with a cigarette in his hand last night during the footage of the hurricane?). I hope he gets to come back for Opie too.

Okay, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I have the Harris boys straight, because the swap between boats a couple of seasons ago was between Jake and Jake. So it is Jake Harris on the Northwestern and Josh Harris on the Time Bandit.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
No, Jake is the one that had the drug problem. He is the one of the Time Bandit.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure Jake is on the Northwestern. Josh is on the Time Bandit. In one of the earlier episodes there was a storyline about both Josh and Jonathan (captain of TB) quitting smoking...Josh didn't make it through an entire shift.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, and one more thing...I'm so annoyed that they put stuff about Deadliest Catch inside that annoying "Devil's Ride" show - which I never remember to record, because the only reason I would watch it would be to see what is inserted about Deadliest Catch. Seriously, I watched the first episode of that show and it was absolutely ridiculous to me...a bunch of grown men who should know better trying to act like bad asses...grow up and get a real job! (Not condemning motorcycle riders or motorcycle clubs by the way...but this is so obviously staged that it makes me want to throw up!).

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
O.M.G. I'm losing my damn mind. Yes, YOU'RE right Roxip. I'm going to go bang my head with a hammer now. Geeze, what's wrong with me this morning?!? :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jake is the one that had the drug problem, but he is on the Northwestern.

I will say that as much as Keith's temper often gets the better of him, if I'm having a medical emergency Keith is the one I want around.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Hukd, I was so uncertain I went back and read the entire thread from this year because I knew it was discussed in detail above...LOL! We are losing our minds together...good company, right?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Hukd, iffin you are having issues, maybe you need to go to physical therapy.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I think it's time for a cocktail...AND a visit to a physical therapist! Hey, wait a minute, I AM a PT! ha ha ha!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I think we should all just pretend we never posted this morning. I'm going back to bed

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOLOLOL....

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
So, do we still not know the outcome of Chris's illness?

I felt like Keith was doing everything he could to hold it together and not burst into tears once the emergency was in the Coast Guard's hands. That must have been traumatic for all of them.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
We'll find out next week. The preview showed Keith assembling the guys to tell them that he had an update on Chris.

Then again, I don't seem to know anything about this show today, so I should just shut up! :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
After watching more of Chris' episode last night, I am more convinced that he had a seizure, rather than anything else. I guess we won't know now until next week.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I agree that it must have been a seizure as opposed to dehydration.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I agree, most definitely a seizure, but a seizure caused by what? Can dehydration cause that kind of a seizure? And man, that seizure seemed to go on forever! Poor guy.

Is it just me, or was it rather stupid of those guys to try and pour water into the poor kid's mouth when he is obviously in so much distress? Isn't one of the number one rules of an injured/downed individual is to not give them anything to eat/drink? Seems like he could have choked on it.

It was a little rotten of the producers to name last night's show "I don't want to die." You know it was to entice viewers to watch, thinking it was referencing Chris.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think so, Whoami. But I do know exhaustion can bring on latent epilepsy.

yeah, he could have aspirated that water, so it was a risky thing. On the other hand, he was conscious, so they may have been encouraging him to swallow.

Chris did say 'I dont want to die' during the early part of the show, so it was referring to him.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
The guys on the ship with the young captain (can't remember names off hand, sorry), were all griping about him keeping on with fishing when there was a hurricane approaching. One of them said "I don't want to die" too. I missed when Chris said it. I figured it was from the one I mentioned. It must have been from both.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
oh, I missed that one! :-)

Chris's was in a caption, because it was hard to understand.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What Whoami said...LOL!

By the way, on my journey to figuring out which Harris boy was which, the evacation of Chris was actually spoiled, although they didn't give much more information. It is in the dreaded "black box" on a previous page.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 2:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Oh my! Tonight Sis & I watched (tivo'd) 2hr kinda replay of last week's show. Think they called it something like "Social Reload". Gave new film (more details within what was going on) they hadn't released before - plus tweets between the Captains. (Don't get excited, they still didn't tell what further happened w/Chris & left off at the same point.)

Great watch and even MORE scarey than that one hr show last week. This next Tuesday 5/29 they're going to have another 2hr show because of the hurricane being shown.