TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 15, 2012 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought a reference was made about building restrictions or laws, # of kitchens a house could have... and that was why they were looking a separate houses.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
but, why do they need more than 1 kitchen? Maybe, not getting just 1 lg home is more about jealosy control. Maybe, some of the wives don't want the other cpl relationships rubbed in their faces. Maybe they really don't crave the total family interaction on a full time basis. Maybe, Cody likes having 4 different families that occasionally come together to form his full family.

It just seems like the kids all have a sibling bond regardless of who their Mother is. It's got to be something w/the adults that is keeping them from all living under 1 roof. It just seems like this wasn't an issue until Cody married Robyn, the younger, pretty wife. Don't get me wrong, Robyn has grown on me & I do like her. Her & Meri would prob. be ok with all of them having just 1 house. Janelle would prob. go with the flow because she seems to keep to herself for the most part anyway. The problem IMO, is Christine & her insecurities.........gosh she just seems so needy. Christine has become my least fav. to watch of all of them.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Christine would be needy even if she were in a monogamous marriage with Cody, the woman is simply high maintenance. Both she and Cody could leave the show and no one would miss them !

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
Texasdeb, I might share my husband, but I would NEVER share my kitchen. LOL!!!!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
To me it seems that while they all love having the "larger" family bond, they also treasure the time they spend within their own individual familial unit. A kitchen is considered the heart of the home so perhaps each wife wants to keep that part of her life separate (IMO I would gladly give up having a kitchen and let somebody else cook...LOL!).

I think Christine surprised herself by how abandoned she felt when Kody started seeing Robyn...it usurped her position as the youngest and newest wife and she has gone through some difficult times because of it, probably having to realize how her intrusion into the other two wives' lives affected them. I think it is highly understandable and I commend them all for being willing to explore the dynamics this change has brought upon all of them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I agree with you. I don't think Christine expected to feel the way she felt when Robin came into the family. I think it took her by surprise and she's been struggling with the feelings ever since. She doesn't want to feel that way. Haven't we all been in a situation at one time or another when we had feelings we weren't proud of, and yet they refused to go away? I admire her honesty for talking about how she feels and trying to get past that with Robin. It took courage for her to apologize to Robin like she did.

I think Sugar may be right that the housing thing probably has to do with building codes. Four houses close together would be good for them, cause they would be in close proximity and yet still be able to have a little alone time when they need it. Even monogomous marriages need alone time.

Christine's issues with Robin remind me of the other two wives' issues with Margene in Big Love. Nikki always called her "the newest, shiniest wife." I miss that show!!!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
1jetsfan, my sentiments exactly!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
If I were meri I wouldn't want one big house with
All those kids. She only has the one I'd want my
Own peaceful place. As far as Christine goes
As I recall she gave birth right at the same time
Robin moved down to their town and right in the midst of his love affair w robin. I imagine Christine feels more than cheated that she and the baby were put on the back burner. He could barely get away from kissing robin to get back to
Christine while in labor.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good point, Lakecat. That makes total sense! I would have been a bit peeved, too! Of course, I'd never let my hubby take another wife in the first place, so wouldn't be a problem.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There is also the issue with post-partum depression...those post-pregnancy hormones can make a normal woman do crazy things.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That'd sure make me depressed if after carrying
My husbands child for 9 months and being in labor for 20 hrs
That all my husbands attention was going toward his new girlfriend and his soon to be step kids. Nope,polygamy is not for me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't even like sharing a closet and a bathroom...I can't imagine sharing a husband!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't want to share a DVR..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sea! I hear ya! That's why we have two: ours & mine. Hee hee hee!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have two: mine (downstairs) and mine (upstairs).

Kody probably has no time to watch tv anyway ..

Sia

03-10-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I think they should buy an unoccupied motel: all one floor, all the bedrooms they'd need, and many of the rooms would already have kitchenettes. A few of the rooms could be converted to kitchens. Perfect solution, in my opinion.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Guess I'm really weird, but the segment with the brothers in the bar bugged me. Ordering water? They should have ordered bottled water or club soda or OJ. Only one of them ordered a drink he paid for. It just felt rude.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We don't really know..

When I went to one of the TVCH meets in Vegas and we went to a karaoke place, I was just dehydrated from the day and the heat and all I wanted was ice water, but I still tipped a dollar each time. I would just go up to the bar when it was not real busy. But I doubt if anyone knew if I tipped or not. Not that I cared,,

And on the show I'm sure if they showed the name of the bar, they would have comped them the drinks anyway.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've ordered water many times in a bar and tipped for it.

I have 3 u-verse receivers in my house and only 2 people live in it...excessive perhaps but that's how we roll...LOL! (1 in living room, 1 in my bedroom and 1 in daughter's bedroom.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought maybe they'd order a soda or something (7Up or anything without caffeine is okay). I'm sure the production crew had made arrangements to film there, so they were either taken care of monetarily or with free nationwide exposure for their bar. I always suspect whenever they show any of them going into a business that they had to set it up before hand with the owners and that some kind of comp situation is arranged. It's great exposure for the business to be shown on a nationwide TV show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Vegas is hot and dry, so water would be better than soda and calorie free. Frankly I didn't even notice what anyone drank or didn't drink. On or off camera.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sea, we were thinking about money for the bar. I noticed because it's kind of rude to only order water when you're sitting at a table in a bar. I'm sure production took care of the business, though.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I'm sure production covered the bill.
When I'm at the M pool I'll order a pitcher of water & tip the waitress $10. She keeps it full of ice water for the couple hours I'm there. And if I want anything, I just wave my hand (sometimes I'll order some food).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was kind of shocked that they'd even go to a bar in the first place, but I guess they thought it was interesting on a historical level. Kody's brothers sure all looked alike. Wonder how Kody still has so much hair when his brothers are all pretty bald?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Implants?