TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 02, 2012 users admin

Redpen

07-24-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I bet, based on what other reality "stars" get, that the family's being paid 300-500,000 per season. Maybe a little bit more. The only signs of any kind of scam seems to be the bankruptcies. I don't think NV laws would allow bankruptcy filings for 7 years. And they've changed the laws so you have to pay off much of your debt now.

I hope they stay here in Vegas for their sakes. We have so much violent crime going on here that the authorities would never get around to mere polygamy. They aren't hurting anyone.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is 7 years in California. Or at least was when a friend filed. That was at least 10 years or more ago, but seems like I read that 7 year figure now and then.

And bankruptcy is open to anyone so I guess they are as free to use it as anyone else. But they don't seem to be slackers.

The first show of the season is teased to show the same turmoil that was there in the last show.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I guess. But I wish the bankruptcy laws would tighten up even more. If it is true that one wife will take on lots of credit card debt and then file bankruptcy and then another will and they just take turns...that seems so wrong to me. If they are serial bankruptcy filers, they need to live within their means and they all need to work harder to find jobs, make money, and save money.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
They were on gma this morning but didnt say anything new. but they have written a book.
mary said the surrogate offer will be discussed this season, they are still looking to live closer together. Janelle looked a lot thinner and cody just as creepy

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They showed Robyn offering to be a surrogate for Meri in the previews (but that was from a past show.. "previously on.."

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Needmylifeback wrote:
"they should get an apartment complex 4-5 stories tall... convert the upper two floors into 4 separate family apartments -or just the upper floor depending upon the size of the building... then rent out the other apartments and manage those.. they'd have income from the lower apartments .. their own space (the upper floors could have a separate entrance (elevator?) and not be accessible to anyone but family and Kody wouldn't have to drive from house to house ... and he'd also have a job and as many of the other wives could too in the management of the complex!

That's really a scathingly brilliant idea!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
In reading about the wives filing bankruptcy, I just keep seeing Cody as guy who is using these women.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I agree with Cricket

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Lurkin did he at least get a haircut?

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
So Robyn is pregnant again? I guess we don't know if it is hers or Meri's?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Cody and Gang were on Anderson today. In answer to my question,no,he hasnt cut that awful hair.They didnt have anything new to add. Janelle has lost some weight but has coupled that with an unfortunant hair color,and if Robin was pregnant,I must have missed it.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Nobody is commenting on this season's premiere that was last Sunday. I watched it & I can take it or leave it. Nothing really stands out for me. I'll continue to watch, but this show needs some more action.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I didn't know it was starting, but happened to catch it anyway. I wasn't blown away by anything either.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching. I have it on a series recording. It's not particularly that interesting though. Not too much to talk about.

Kody and Christine are having a rough patch with their marriage. She seems to have a problem that Kody has that 4th wife. Robyn seems to really want to have great relationships with her sis wives. Meri gave Christine good advice about how one can only change oneself. Janelle is continuing to be very dedicated to exercise. As of that recording, she'd only lost 10 lbs. but feels much better, healthier, and stronger.

They seem to have plenty of money. I wonder where it is all coming from. Kody got a new car but it was a bonus from work. Not sure where he is working. Some of their Christmas gifts and some of their dates were expensive. Well, maybe. Christine got a date in a helicopter but now that I think about it, the pilot was his buddy, so, maybe it didn't cost them all that much.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
They're probably getting 200-300,000 for the season, plus TLC pays for all their on-camera activities. What did they pay the Gosselins or the Duggars, does anyone know?

Anyhow, the show is basically their career while it's on.

Does anyone know where they live? Mountain's Edge, Summerlin South, etc?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm sure that helicopter ride was at least partly comped. The name of his company was prominently displayed on screen. Free advertising for his company. I suspect many of the activities they do are comped by the businesses, especially when they show the name of the business on TV. Nationwide advertising is a big deal.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I think Cody is smug guy he feels that he can have four wives and get away with having 4 wives and 16 children. I do watch the show,but he does have smug attitude doesn't seem to be concerned ou how to earn money.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I thought they lived in Henderson...

Redpen

07-24-2003

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Henderson? OK. Just wondered. Thanks.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Isn't there 17 kids now?
Meri - 1
Janelle - 6
Christine - 6
Robin - 3 from a prior mariage & 1 w/Cody

New show tonight & the dish TV preview says that Christine will confront Robin about the problems she's had since Robin joined the family.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I thought there were more but you are right TexasDeb -

1 Logan 18 son of Kody and Janelle
2 Aspyn 17 daughter of Kody and Christine
3 Mariah 17 daughter of Kody and Meri
4 Madison 16 daughter of Kody and Janelle
5 Mykelti 16 daughter of Kody and Christine
6 Hunter 15 son of Kody and Janelle
7 Paedon 13 son of Kody and Christine
8 Garrison 13 son of Kody and Janelle
9 Dayton 12 son of Robyn and David Preston Jessop
10 Gabriel 10 son of Kody and Janelle
11 Gwendlyn 10 daughter of Kody and Christine
12 Aurora 10 daughter of Robyn and David Preston Jessop
13 Breanna 8 daughter of Robyn and David Preston Jessop
14 Ysabel 8 daughter of Kody and Christine
15 Savanah 7 daughter of Kody and Janelle
16 Truely 2 (born April 13, 2010) daughter of Kody and Christine
17 Solomon 6 months (Born October 27, 2011) son of Kody and Robyn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_wives

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This needs updating, but did help when I found it before..

family

http://starcasm.net/archives/69942

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Mariah, Madison, and Aspyn are all the same age? All three of the wives were pregnant at the same time. Blech

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bigamy lawsuite dismissed:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/sister-wives-bigamy-lawsuit-kody-brown_n_1561962.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D166318

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm really happy for them. On the other hand, either bigamy is illegal, or it isn't. I find the judgement confusing.