TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Deadliest Catch: Archive through April 12, 2012 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Even Edgar in the wheel house, providing he has a captain's license would still take him away for months from his family and his new business. The Facebook sites really does have some nasty comments especially about Derrick and how weed is just fine out on that boat. Shaking my head in disbelief.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Edgar knows that he and Sig couldn't get along in the wheelhouse...and that hiring an extra person to run the deck would cut down on the profits of the boat. I do agree though...I think Edgar wants to be home with his family. He's such a lovely man.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I've heard him talk about not wanting to be away from home, but he's also said numerous times that he can't physically do the deckhand stuff. Doesn't he realize that WE want to see his face? Geesh, people can be so selfish... :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, apparently he's starting a home improvement business...perhaps we can have a spinoff show?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They could still have him involved.. narrations (with video of course), after the catch, etc.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've missed "After the Catch" this season...I guess without Phil it just isn't worth it...and of course it might be that the Hilstrands and Keith might physically harm one another...or at least the bar.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Well, I finally know why Matt wasn't shown on the NW-he relapsed and missed crew call. As long as he stays straight between king crab and opie seasons he and Sig said Matt'd be back on the boat.
Nosy me wants to know what Edgar's addiction was-from what was said it was to painkillers, too.
The other boats had been out approximately 8 weeks, and made some good money for the deckhands. Makes me wonder if the CM had stayed out for more than 8 days would they have made enough money to cover expenses and pay the crew. The fact that the boat only made $100K, just enough for expenses and not enough to pay the deckhands makes sense that the guys signed on to other boats. Sad, just sad.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I don't think After the Catch comes on until much later in the season - like maybe when there are only 4-5 episodes left.

Yankee_in_ca

07-31-2000

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
They're filming After the Catch as I type this... In Hawaii

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nice! Will we see Edgar?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was glad that Jake and Josh came back with an apology last night...they were so out of control in the earlier episode where they were confronting Derrick. They risked alienating the other captains and that could have been disastrous if indeed they want a long-term career in fishing. They got some good advice last night.

I like Junior a lot better than I like Elliott. Elliott is too twitchy for me.

I love how they make fun of Keith.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't think this is a spoiler, but put it in a box just in case:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
(CBS/AP) ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A crew member on one of the fishing boats featured in "The Deadliest Catch" has been rescued in the Bering Sea and was flown to a remote Alaskan clinic.

The U.S. Coast Guard says the crew member aboard the 150-foot Wizard collapsed Monday afternoon and showed signs of shock and dehydration on board the vessel.

The Coast Guard didn't identify the 28-year-old man but says he's a part of the popular Discovery Channel show. Discovery didn't immediately provide information.

Coast Guard officials say a helicopter crew flew the man to a clinic in the Alaska Peninsula community of Cold Bay, 60 miles to the south. He was then flown to an Anchorage hospital.

Waves were only about 3-feet high when he fell ill. The National Weather Service says the rescue occurred before the arrival of a huge storm brewing in the Bering Sea.

The reality television show depicting life aboard fishing vessels in the Beriing Sea during crab fishing season has been on the air since 2005. The eighth season already has a green light from Disscovery.

CoastGuard Rescue from CBSNews.com

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw that on another entertainment site earlier today. I wouldn't consider it a spoiler though. They didn't name the crew member in the article I read either.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Deadliest Catch is back on April 10! It's a Tuesday. 15 days from the date of this post.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't consider commercials for the new season to be spoilers, so I wanted to mention they showed Edgar Hansen on the boat all in gear saying "It's good to be home". And they also showed Josh and Jake Harris, but in a more dubious way so it's more of a mystery.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure I saw an interview with Sig (or perhaps it was one of the "After the Catch" shows at the end of the season) where Sig said Edgar would be on this season and...

don't read if you don't want to know...

I think both Jake and Josh will be crewing on other boats.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Marathon today. New episodes start Tuesday!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I saw a bunch of shows the other day and they happened to be the season when Phil died. It was awesome to see him at the helm of the Cornelia Marie again, but so sad when he got sick and passed away. It's crazy how much this man affected me then and now all over again

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was some of the best reality television I have ever watched. The thing about Captain Phil is that he was always real...and he lived that way until the end...and how he lived (does anybody remember Brian's Song?).

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Dating myself here, definitely remember Brian's Song. Not a dry eye then, nor one when Phil died.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Whew, glad I'm not the only one. I loved that movie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I turned on my Deadliest Catch recording and there was Edward. Certainly a wonderful way to start out the season..lol.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
DUH...I woke up in the middle of the night thinking "Why did I type Edward?" when it was clearly EDGAR (who looked good - the rest did him good).

Gripping first episode. Quotas have been cut so there is a debate whether to go after blue crab instead of king crab. Jake is on the Northwestern with Sig and the gang and Josh is on the Wizard...should be a great fit for both of them. Both captains said that this would be a learning time for both the Harris boys and how they perform will determine their future in fishing. Sig is whining about Edgar and whether Edgar has a true commitment to stay because he needs him. Keith is still a big jerk...what else is new (but did anybody see Freddy?).

The second show was all about the deckhands...what their job was, how hard it was, the kind of people who are successful at it, and what they did with all that money. It was a very good show too. It was kind of a different type of "After the Catch."

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I just came on to say (with tongue in cheek): I wonder why the Harris brothers didn't choose to go on the Wizard with Keith. He is such a bully! Just watched the best of season 7 where he ranted and raved at the camera man for not making him a pot of coffee. Geesh!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...I wonder why not? Of course since Phil couldn't stand Keith I doubt that was even an option!

Okay, maybe it wasn't that he couldn't stand him, but he thought he was a dangerous captain.