TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Sister Wives: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 05, 2012 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Watching, I think it's because she is really, really blond. My son was the same way. He barely had any hair till he was about 2 and it started to get thicker. A lot of blond babies look bald, cause their hair is so fine and thin it just kind of disappears against their scalp. I had a niece whose hair was like that too. Truely will have hair someday.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Our family is full of bald babies. I didn't get much more than fuzz until I was nearly 3

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I wonder if it's unusual to have such blonde hair at such an early age. My 3 all were very blonde as toddlers but not so much when they were little babies.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
my middle child was a born blonde & she's a beautiful dark brunette now. However, she has, & could color her hair blonde & it look natural. I think.........born blonde, can go back.....born dark, leave it alone.............

I was born w/dark hair & my oldest dd was born w/dark hair. We would never think of trying to go with blonde.......just saying.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My daughter has medium brown hair and highlighted it blonde this summer - she looked stunning (she had been putting "sun in" in her hair all summer so I let her go in and have it streaked (and she and the hairdresser went a little overboard...LOL)). She has dark brown eyes but her complexion is pretty light so it worked for her (although now I'm about to go and get it redone in a darker color because I am not going to pay for her to keep her roots up...YIKES!).

Connies

03-11-2010

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
So did Janelle get divorced or was she a widow?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Coming back for a new season soon. I saw a commercial for it recently. I think the season premiere is Mother's Day, but I'm not 100%. Looks like Kody and Christine are having some problems. There was a voice over about looking for new places to live so they'd all be living closer to each other again.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
My thought .. they should get an apartment complex 4-5 stories tall... convert the upper two floors into 4 separate family apartments -or just the upper floor depending upon the size of the building... then rent out the other apartments and manage those.. they'd have income from the lower apartments .. their own space (the upper floors could have a separate entrance (elevator?) and not be accessible to anyone but family and Kody wouldn't have to drive from house to house ... and he'd also have a job and as many of the other wives could too in the management of the complex!

And if it were close enough to UNLV .. they could rent to college students.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Connies, if you are still reading.. the chart above seems to indicate that Janelle's ex (who is Meri's brother) is alive. I think they just divorced, but no death involved.

Connies

03-11-2010

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Thanks Seamonkey, I hadn't looked at this in some time, finally an answer to my question! Kind of surprised they "believe" in divorce.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, Mormons don't "believe" in divorce, either, but it happens. Sometimes people are just incompatible.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Is this family getting any form of welfare for these children and the Moms? If so, we need to revise the system badly. Why keep having babies you can't afford and have the taxpayers pay? This is a bit different than a 'single Mom' situation.

What does this guy do for a living?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
There are myriad moms living in the projects here and cranking out a kid every year. Between the ADC checks and re-selling their food stamps, they make enough to keep their guys - and oftentimes themselves - in dope and/or liquor.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
yep & the kids that the cks & food stamps are meant for get very little & grow up to be just like their parents with depending on the system to take care of them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't put that stamp on everybody receiving welfare. I know some families really struggle trying to feed their children and do the best they can. There will always be abusers of the system, but I don't believe everybody is like that. I don't see Kody's family as being in that category. There are polygamists who take advantage of the system and have the bonus wives on welfare, but Kody doesn't seem like that type to me. I think they're being paid to be on the TV show and that's helping them stay afloat right now. Last we saw they were looking to start a fitness business. Hope they can do it, but starting a new business is tough in any economy.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info. A fitness business? I only see the commercials, but exactly which of them is actually fit?

It's frustrating that these peeps say they are are married, but they most likely don't tell the welfare office that, right? You can't have it both ways. It's illegal what they are doing (more than one marriage) and therefore, if he can't support all the wives and all the children, he should not get a dime.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They were investigated and nothing ever came out saying they had defrauded anyone or were ever on welfare.. and you don't have to be fit to run a fitness business.. maybe even get fitter in the process.

Lots of assumptions being made here!

Now, Nadia Sulemon, yes.. she's walking away from huge debt, screwing many people, and just signed up to do a masturbation video.. such a fit mom, right? And going on welfare as well.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Noooo!! I just ate lunch!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I get that you don't necessarily have to be fit to run such a business, but I just don't see him being a great person to interact with the customers. I suppose if they hire the right people, it might make a go.

Are they getting the startup money from what they are paid for doing the show, or has it not been discussed?

Thanks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The new season starts May 13, so it probably hasn't been cancelled. I'm sure thay are not encouraged to discuss payment from TLC but clearly they would be paid and more each season.

Of course the episodes are always in the past so that doesn't always answer what they are doing right now.

Kep421

08-11-2001

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
Before they went public, Cody, Janelle and Meri all worked to support the family. Christine stayed home and kept the children. I do not think they were on welfare, they seemed pretty self sufficient.

Since the move, I believe Janelle at least has been actively looking for another job. I'm not sure if Meri is...and I believe Robin was working before, and might also be looking, in spite of being pregnant.

Isn't Kody working now? I thought he got a job in LasVegas already?

Money may be tight, and they may be scrimping a bit for now, but I think they are all do'ers...and will not resort to public assistance.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I would imagine that financial need is why they keep doing the show. Jon & Kate + 8 got pretty well off when their show was doing good. I wouldn't do one of these kind of shows unless there was a huge price tag attached to it.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
from what I remember the women were getting paid to go to the gym and loose weight for advertisement and were being financed for a business, I remember them all sitting around a table discussing business ideas. and cody was working with the realtor part time.

I want cody to get rid of that stupid little car, motorcycle and get more useful vehicles for the family.

I liked the idea they had of buying the property and building houses in a circle and the middle a playground.

this may sound stupid, but there is something more tabu about this life style with the separate houses and cody going back and forth then all of them under one roof sharing responiblites as a large family

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think someone posted a long while back that each wife has filed bankruptcy. You can only file bankruptcy every so often(maybe every 5 ys?) so I believe,one wife will rack of the credit card with charges, then file bankruptcy,then the next wife will start racking up charges on her card and file bankruptcy and so on. By the time every wife files bankruptcy,they can start all over again.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I don't watch this show, but come here faithfully to ready the comments posted!

Bankruptcy laws may be different from state to state - TN is every seven years, I believe.