TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVIII: General Discussion users admin

American Idol

American Idol Voting

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 29, 2020Lakecat25 03-29-20  5:46 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I tried to look it up, but the only info on a current article says - word for word - the exact same thing from articles as far back as 2009. But they have gone from ABC to FOX since then so no way are things the same for everything. So the answer is I don't know.

And they sent the red head home tonight :-(

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Did they only keep two girls so far? I feel sorry for all of them. They make the top 20 and then it is all put on hold, unless they perform without an audience. That wouldn't work.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, only 2 girls last night. But in the end, it pretty much evens out.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope so.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought maybe they paid for some of the families, but there were a couple (ie Just Sam) who said they couldn't afford to bring their families. I think Disney may have given them a family discount, but only the contestants got a free ride. That's just my assumption. I felt sorry for the ones who weren't able to have family members share the experience with them.

No show tonight. I guess they're trying to stretch it out, cause we know they can't do the live shows this year. Wonder what they're gonna do then? So sad for the ones that made it through, only to have their hopes dashed by the virus.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I heard that they will continue with the live shows once we are done with the world being shut down.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I would imagine that they would continue the live shows when they can.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I started watching when they got to Hollywood, and there is some excellent talent this year. So happy that Sam made it through but so irritated that they didn't let us know whether the cute guy with the cowboy hat makes it (I hope he does - he has a great story of redemption and he is talented - and really nice to look at).

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope he makes it through too.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Have they actually said what they are going to do with the live shows? Are they just going to stop until the summer, fall or later?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I've heard it but I haven't really listened. I'll see what I can find out.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
There is an article of how idol will buy time. After filmed episodes they will have e 4 hours of film on the 20 finalists called this is me.
After that they will have to figure something out, Ryan is sure they will have a tech answer. They don't have it now. I would link to article but on tablet and don't know how

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/31/ryan-seacrest-talks-idol-moving-forward-via-new-tech-amid-pandemic/

Not much information but it looks like they are working on pushing forward with the season.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Not happy with what they did last night. They put through some mediocre singers and then have a phone off for two good singers for the final spot.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree LL,those last few girls they put in top 20 was questionable and then with the last two,both should be in top 20. I was surprised the girl that lost her sister in a car accident last year, didn’t make top 20. I figured she’d be one of the last ones standing to win Idol.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was surprised at that too LC.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, Ryan said at the top of the show tonight that the top 20 will compete for our votes next week. From their homes! That's going to just be strange.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ironically, this is different and raw enough that I’ll watch it. We might actually get to hear contestants sing again (like the old days) without all the background over-production. Yay!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is actually pretty cool though :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did they announce which of the two girls made it for top 20?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 20, 2020 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Grace was voted through.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 26, 2020 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Laine Hardy, the cutie that won season 17, found out he has covid-19 on June 21.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 26, 2020 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! Hopefully he will have a mild case. It's good he knows he has it, so he can hopefully keep from spreading it to those more vulnerable than he is. This is what the young people don't understand. They think they will be okay, but don't realize how easily they could spread it to their parents, their grandparents or others in the community.

Wear the mask, people! It's a public health issue, not a political issue.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 26, 2020 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They also do not realize that there can be lasting side effects, even for the young people with mild cases.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 27, 2020 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've heard that also, Sea. It's a horrible disease. It's not the flu.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 11, 2021 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
American Idol next season premiere is Valentine's Day, February 14, 2021 on ABC.

They are calling it "Season 4". In reality it's season 19.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: