TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 29, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVIII: General Discussion: Archive through March 29, 2020 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Threads not accepted on the main page. Season 18 seems to be starting late this year. Usually it starts in January. Not till Feb. 16 this years.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think last year (or the year before) it either started or ended in March. Short season. I hope they do it justice this year.

Anybody know where I can stream AI? We just cut the cord and are now using Hulu Live, but it doesn't seem to list AI yet. Suggestions?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for getting this started, Heckagirl! I created a new section for this and moved the posts over. I always have high hopes for it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 02, 2020 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Since they are a Sunday show, they probably are waiting until the Super Bowl is played. Too much competition from the NFL Playoffs would impact their ratings.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In real time they are down to the Top 70. I'm not sure how soon they do the next cut. Probably within a week.

Don't look if you don't want to know

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2020-contestant-list-top-70-spoilers.htm

The truth is, unless they have some sort of crazy unforgettable name, I forget the spoilers I have seen by the time the show starts.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's always amazing to me how far ahead they film.

I enjoy the high quality early auditions but I find the later shows are way overproduced and the judges don't judge. I think they have lost a lot of what made the show successful in the first place but maybe that's impossible to duplicate at this point.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think I you are right. I used to care about some good ones from early on, then it got so those were all gone and some were kept for ratings. Then I stopped watching early on, but found myself not caring.

And also the years of it being all about judges who were so unpleasant. Then Katy, where they were not unpleasant but by then I was just over the show.

I suspect it would be hard to make it fresh again.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
So I didn’t watch last year, but did the winner not do well after the show? Seems like they were really building up the runner up in the opener.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Nick, who dropped out last year, just seems a little too calculated to me...too slick. And I am not sure if I like his rendition of You say.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
No one watched?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The ratings were solid. It easily won the night. I didn’t watch personally though I will probably watch some here and there.

I just wish they’d focus less on background (usually sad) stories and stage theatrics and focus more on raw singing talent.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
One of my Facebook friends was in Hawaii, close to the Aulani Hotel, where they took the top 20 last year. She and her hubby walked over from their hotel and they watched some of the performances from this year's contestants. I really like that they take those kids to Hawaii, even though they don't go on to win. Some of those kids have never been anywhere, and I just love that they get to go to Hawaii as part of the competition. It's a Disney Resort, so it's cross promotion, but it still makes me happy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Is this the current AI thread? Is no one watching?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m not watching. There’s no chance they’re going to be able to finish this season anytime soon.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. They have such great contestants this year. It's a shame it's all delayed. In real time they have already selected the top 20 and everyone was rehearsing for the live shows. But now it's suspended. Like every other show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
they should still have some more taped shows in the can.

just curious if there was not an evil hand pushing some of those dueters together, some odd combos.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Very good talent this year. I’m sad that this show can’t go much further, it’s such a nice diversion. Sadie I feel sorry for the long haired country boy that didn’t know anything about music. I don’t think he belonged with his duet partner. He should have been more assertive.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
From everyone's comments here, it does sound like it was a promising season. What a shame! Hopefully they'll be able to get these people back and give them a chance next year if it has to be postponed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think the long haired country boy just wanted to go home, which is why he would not commit to a song. I felt sorry for the girl he paired up with to have to deal with that.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Funny how we see that duo so differently. I guess I just don’t think they were a good fit for one another. Polar opposites in musical style.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Was the pregnant red-head in one of the groups that stayed? I just love her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think she stayed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The judges clearly have their favorites for Top 10 or Top 20. You can tell when they send some of them through for horrendous singing.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I must have missed the pregnant red head. So far I like one a guys with dreds and the girl who lost her sister the best,but that’s subject to change.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 29, 2020 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m curious do you think AI paid for the contestants’ families to come to Hawaii or do you think they had to pay for it themselves?