TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 12, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVII: The Live Shows: Archive through May 12, 2019 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Wade sand a song with little singing, and managed to sing less than it needed. Oh Katy, best performance tonight? Lionel knocked it out of the park? really? lets seen no notes, very few words, and the choir carried it. ugh, and this is why I rarely watch this now.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Madison? was OK, did not think she equaled Celine, but OK, Alejandro was OK on second song, but eh.

Laci, go home.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I find myself Fast Forwarding through Laci.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If I were choosing, I’d send Laci and Wade home. Lane and Jeremiah are in a different league than the rest. But, that usually doesn’t matter. I guess we’ll see shortly.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK second half - Madison OK, no where near Celine, but few are. That is the problem of picker her songs.
Laci bad, go away,
Alejandro ok, not great, but OK, he actually sang some. I keep thinking this is a singing show, but maybe not.
Jeremian started too high sounded like a chipmunk, who did that to him? later in song down to a normal level, still can't get the chipmunk out of my mind.
laine - sang a song with super energy to get people on their feet, but only used about half the energy he needed, he sang and was on key so that is a plus. But man did that song need more energy. and yes, I am old enough to have seen Chuck Berry do it live at some old rock show my sister took me to when I was little. They used to have rock shows every where around NYC metro area (for me, Elizabeth NJ) some of these guys would do multiple shows in a day.

cheer for go home Laci.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Madison in
Laine in
Alejandro in
Wade in.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Laci and Jeremiah are the bottom 2
Judge save? Yes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
seriously Wade got voted on? oh my. looks like they may save .... Jeremiah. they saved Laci??????they are truly bonkers.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Saved Laci...... WTH

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
What! They saved Laci?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
worst judges ever - although they do what the producers tell them, Tricia is the worst executive producer ever.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed tonight's show and actually selected the Top 4 before they were even announced.

It did surprise me that the judges saved Laci.

I might be in the minority, but I really like Wade's singing.

I think it's going to come down between Madison and Wade with Madison winning AI this year.

Alejandro is still a winner to me and I expect to hear more from him in the future as a singer/songwriter. He's very gifted.

Laine is a cutie pie and the young girls (and Katy) love him. I also think he's cute.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
So shocked the judges used their save on Laci. She was the worst of all of them tonight & I've said all along that she should not have even made top 10 let alone top 5. Jerimiah was by far more worth saving. However, Laci should be gone next wk since there are no more saves. I am wanting a Laine win myself with no care of the placement of the other 3. I'll crap my pants if Laci gets any further than 5th place!

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
They were smart to keep Laci as she will be a safe bet to be voted out next week. If they had kept Jeremiah then he could potentially go through next week and cause one of the judges' four favorites to be knocked out.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I got the impression that Katy didn’t agree with the other judges decision. I watched the ending again and it seemed that she was not in agreement with them.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Disappointed with the laci save, especially since I can barely stand to listen to her.
Alejandro needs to play the crowd a little better and maybe dress and groom himself better. I guess that’s not his thing, he wants the talent to speak for itself.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
If they'd saved Jeremiah, it would have been 4 men and 1 woman. I suspect the powers that be ordered the judges to make sure two women were still in the running during the final two weeks of the season.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, I don't think it was the judges decision, but the producers. they are still bad judges. They are a cheer leading team.
according to many articles,my hearing is bad and most performances were excellent to wonderful.
Hey I got real cynical the year that one singer was told he was singing through his nose and he said nose singing is a thing. It was the guy with the pen thing, I can't remember his name, season 5 or 6 or 7. I prefer voice singing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so nervous for them to sing Elton songs this week. I've loved his songs since I was barely tall enough to reach the radio and turn it on, so I know I'll be extra picky.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Huge Elton John fan here too. He puts on a fantastic concert too!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
As much as I love Elton John (he’s probably my all time favorite artist), I don’t think his songs are that hard to sing. Hopefully, they won’t prove me wrong.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Was that Sanjaya, Sadie?
Jeremiah would have done well with Elton John.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Still cheering for Laine. I think he will do Elton justice. I agree, Jeremiah would have knocked it out of the park on an Elton song!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think it was the guy andI mean no insult here - the guy something about selling pens maybe the beat boxer?
Sanjaya ended up singing in the NY subway a few years ago, saw him there, but hey anything for a buck before he was nominated for the Tony, Constantine was singing in a shoe store. Not in a concert, just standing on a box singing in the store while customers went past. Before the Dr Pepper, Guarini sang at Bar Mitzvahs again. He had a family to support and now he is rich. That is how show business works, you are up and you are down and you are back up.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 12, 2019 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can’t you see is one of my all time favorite songs! Laine did it justice.