TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVII: The Live Shows: Archive through May 05, 2019 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
IMO, Alejandro, Laci or Wade can go next. But, they will save Alejandro if he is ever in that position.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm not a voter (last time I voted was for Adam Lambert), but if I was, my votes would be going to Laine. IMO, he would be the most marketable of the remaining 6. All the others (with the exception of Laci) are really good but I don't see any of them with that star quality. Laci shouldn't have even made top 10.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is the first show I’ve watched and I’ve only seen one of his performances but I don’t understand why they like Alejandro so much?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am not watching but the 11pm news featured several of them and I wasn't all that impressed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but tonight on ABC is that Adam Lambert biography. Well, I guess it's more his journey how he became Queen's front man.

And Seamonkey, this year has the best singers in a long time. It's really an enjoyable season.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
During the auditions didn't they tell Alejandro that he was going to win it all? I didn't get it then and I still don't get it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He has a distinct style when he's performing his own work. Unfortunately, he tries to put that style on every song he sings. But, the disaster that was Mrs Robinson (one of my all time favorite songs) was just too much for me. I may be wrong, but just do not believe that he will win it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We thought Walker and Wade should have gone home last night. Wade was awful and he knew it. You could tell by the look on his face he was disappointed with his performance.

Loved the duet between Laine and Laci. I don't get the anti-Laci sentiment some are expressing. I think she's awesome. She has a classic country voice. Sometimes she sounds just like June Carter, and she puts emotion into her songs, unlike some of the others.

That said, Laine and Madison are still our favorites. And Jeremiah. Loved that he finally got to sing for his parents, but he missed a couple of the high notes. His rehearsal was better.

Walker was cute, but it was time for him to go. And Ragu is good, but she needs to work and improve. She'll keep going, I'm sure.

I was saying the same thing about the judges last night (that they never give constructive criticism anymore, only praise--whether or not it's deserved, in some cases). Hubby thinks it's the producers that make them do that. Maybe they've decided not to criticize. But if not for constructive criticism, why are they there?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought Adam gave really good advice. I wish he was one of the judges, I don’t really care for any of the three.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wasn't a fan of Lacey and Lane, BUT that duet was AWESOME! And I'm starting to find his shyness endearing rather than offputting.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The Queen and Adam Lambert Docu was really good. Adams parents look really young.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
West Coast just started. I’m enjoying it so far.... they are to the tribute concert at Wembly.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Watching the old Adam Lambert performances from AI. Nothing today on AI can touch his performances from back then.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That was a really good special. Loved it!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Still watching.. Loving this special!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
The special was great!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
dang, I didn't tape it & I watched the Voice instead of this. I wonder if they will show it again.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Probably. At times, I wasn’t sure how they would spend 2 hours. But, it was wonderfully paced with interesting stories and, of course, great Queen music.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh wow now I can’t wait to watch (my DD is a big fan of Queen so I’m waiting to see it with her).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The drummer said no one can out sing Adam Lambert,after watching those old clips from AI I believe that’s true. He’s amazing no one compares.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you will certainly enjoy it!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kris Allen (winner of Adam's season) has had a good career as a Christian artist, and coincidentally enough from his season Danny Gokey has also several hits on Christian radio.

I'm a conservative Christian but I was a huge Adam fan. To me talent it talent.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but if Adam had won AI, his life would be so different. Like they said on the special, him losing was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The most successful contestant from Canadian Idol finished in third place on his season. The judges were actually pretty annoyed with him at the time and one of them actually said to him “You know. Winning wouldn’t be such a bad thing!” Obviously he felt differently and wasn’t at all disappointed when he lost.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Laci - go away - worst version of that song ever.
don't get too concerned about hitting all the notes? what is wrong with you Lionel? she missed a lot of the notes already.

saw Jeremiah, not my favorite version but at least he sang and hit the notes.

watching Alexjandro - what do these people have against singing? whisper singing has it's place but there are some notes in this song that should actually be sung. and judges too busy joking, to give real criticism. Rock star? more like 3 year old singing for their parents.