TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVII: The Live Shows: Archive through April 29, 2019 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love Queen's music. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with it. It will be nice to see Adam again as well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wish I liked Adam, but I never have. I recognize his talent, but I don't like his voice or him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well he was quite a polarizing contestant.

I think that sometimes contestants pick lesser known songs as they find them less intimidating to sing but I agree that it frequently backfires on them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
he has a good voice,I don't always like his arrangement choices or some things he has said in interviews. (for example Interjecting Susan Boyles name out of thin air)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I still go back and watch Adam's rendition of Mad World - one of the best AI performances ever.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm sure people may disagree but I think that Adam was the last truly exceptional Idol contestant.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
When Adam lost, my sister called me up and said he was robbed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Adam has done well since Idol, I thought he would win that season, as well.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He was up against a conservative Christian. The Christian right came out against him. They couldn't let a gay man be the American Idol. I think we've progressed a bit (how much, I'm not really sure) since those days. At least, I hope we have.

Adam was robbed for sure. Such a talent! He just makes me smile. He has had so much more success than the kid who beat him (can't even remember his name half the time). Maybe it was a good thing Adam didn't win and wasn't locked into the Idol contract. He's managed to blossom.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I love Queen's music! I've always thought Adam should have won his AI season & agree that he's having a way more acknowledged music career than that Chris guy who won. I'm excited to see what the F8 will do with this music & think it will be a perfect fit for Jerimiah. I'm curious what some of the others will do.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 27, 2019 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I loved Adam! Not watching this show but definitely recording the special about Adam on Monday.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 27, 2019 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Love Adam too and he’s also handsome. I hate to see that Urich was eliminated but he had a couple of bad song choices.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not liking his version of Under pressure. None of the pressure that the song usually has.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Madison sounded a bit like Heart's Ann Wilson. She was good.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
For a Queen night, there’s not much energy happening. It’s like they found every boring ballad that Queen wrote. Other than Laine. At this point, I’m only waiting for Adam to sing. Unless he’s singing all the classics Queen songs, this is a waste of time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Laine was so good. It helps that he is so darn handsome.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Didn’t even care for Wade Cota. Thought he would knock it out of the park. Laine was clearly the best so far. Plus, he’s the only one who appeared to have any fun tonight.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, Alyssa was good too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
wow did Wade do horrible or what? I know he is the growling guy but for the judges to say they heard him do some singing and the praise heaped at someone who sang a sound with soaring parts that could not get off the ground and in a singing show, wow, that was so bad,but the judging was actually worse!! I have heard growlers, pick a song you can growl through but even growlers have to sing a little. I guess that really annoyed me because there is not much to that song, it is easy to rouse, it is legendary, and he made it so much less.
if these judges can't give one piece of advice, don't call them judges call them encourage-rs.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here we go.....................

Jeremiah safe
Laci safe
Madison safe
Laine safe
Alejandro safe
Wade safe!

Save not used and Alyssa and Walker are both going home.

I can't believe they didn't save The Sauce! Boooo!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Don't get how Laci continues to stay safe while others more talented leave...….

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't get the Lacy love either.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, April 28, 2019 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Jeremiah's parents finally showed up to support him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Based only on last night, Walker should have been one of the 2 to go. I've liked him all along and last wk, he was one of the best performers.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 29, 2019 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seems like they are eliminating them quickly. I thought Alyssa was all over the place with that song.