TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVII: The Live Shows: Archive through April 26, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
lalalalalalalala

-------

Lionel saved Uche!

2 more saves after the break.......

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Wow, Lionel just went on stage & picked Uche as his pick to go on into top 10. After the break, Katie & Luke will each get to pick 1 person as well.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
lalalalala

-----

Luke saved Dimitrius!
Katy saved Alyssa!

Our Top 10

1. Laci
2. Lane
3. Madison
4. Wade
5. Walker
6. Jeremiah
7. Alejandro
8. Uche
9. Dimitrius
10. Alyssa

The ones going home are Ashley, Evelyn, Eddie, and Riley.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I feel like the judges are trying to be encouraging and constructive at this point, rather than "judging." It's out of their hands now anyway. I think they're doing a great job, for the most part. Look at the talent we have this year. Most of them are very, very good.

I'm not a huge fan of Wade. Don't like his voice, but that's just me.

I was so happy to see Lionel run up on stage and put Uche in the Top 10. We felt he belonged there. He was great last night and then tonight when he sang "Diamonds." Wow. I'll bet he hears from Rhianna.

Pretty satisfied with the Top 10.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 2:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They treat Laci like the second coming, but I don't think she is that good.

I am liking Alyssa more and more, but I just can't settle on a favorite yet. I like too many of them this year.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree w/Naja about Laci. She's good but the other 2 gals in top 10 are better, IMO & Ashley was also better. I guess, her & Ashley were too alike so one had to go.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I like Laci. She's got that little rasp in her voice (not like Wade, who's all rasp and no voice). Our favorite of the girls is Madison. She's awesome. Never a wrong note.

Favorites among the boys are Jeremiah, Laine (he's so pretty!) and Uche. I think Walker should be the first to go. He's cute, but not as talented as the rest of them. I'm surprised he even made it to the Top 10.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
interesting, they used to try and have equal males and females, but that is when they interacted and sang together more. I guess with the shorter show and the no elimination show,they will mostly perform alone.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I like that they didn't try to artificially put people through based on their sex. It should be total votes and talent. For the most part, the best got through. Unfortunately, they're all gonna go home eventually--except the winner of course. Like I always say, "None of us is getting out of here alive."

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 21, 2019 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Laine was really the only one I enjoyed tonight. I'm not a fan of Disney songs.

Uche and Dimitrius are both going home. The judges decided not to use their save yet.

Tomorrow is a re-crap show.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, April 21, 2019 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m done with AI this season. I loved Dimitrius, he’s gone and Jeremiah is going to win anyway. It’s a given.
I liked Uche also and I think this is just the beginning of his career. He’s a true entertainer.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, April 21, 2019 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I am surprised. Honestly, I figured tptb had picked Uche and Jeremiah as the final 2 so this was unexpected to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't understand the love for Laci.... I did like Lane, but like Naja, I find the Disney week too self serving for the network. Guess it helps pay Bob Iger's annual bonus.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Ryan kept saying "vote, vote,vote live voting from coast to coast" and at the bottom of my TV screen it said voting is now closed. That was long before the last commercial. I liked Alyssa last year and again this year, but I seem to be the only one. I also like Jeremiah and Wade. I would think Uche does have a future in music. I don't know about his singing, but he is a performer. I don't know what to say about the judges.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, Alyssa is awesome. I just didn't like the songs last night.

But I had a blast watching and singing along to the Motown 60th anniversary show on CBS last night! I didn't delete it so I could play it again.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The program was shown on the West Coast beginning at either 5 or 6pm. Then, it was rerun later in the evening.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
oh yeah, I forgot he said it was live coast to last night.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was really surprised that our recording started at 6:00 last night! Our favorites are Madison, Laine and Jeremiah. Jeremiah didn't hit that final note as well as he did in his mentoring session (sounded like he got a frog in his throat), but it was still pretty good. I think Walker did the best he's ever done last night.

I liked most of the songs, but don't like when they choose an obscure song that a lot of people never heard before. Laine's Robin Hood song was cute. I think Mac Davis (he was big in the 70s) sang the original.

I didn't think Maddie and Caleb were that good on A Whole New World. They started out way too low. Just didn't care for it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like Jeremiah, but think Laine or Madison would have more general marketability than most of the contestants. Alejandro is good and unique, but I sort of think his type of singing is for a niche group, not necessarily the masses.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, Thanks. I did'nt know it was shown at 6:00 on the west coast.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I happened upon it about 7 pm, looking to see what was on.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Robin Hood’s ooh-De-Lally was written and sung by Roger Miller

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, okay. I was close. I knew it was somebody like that. I should have checked IMDB, rather than going by memory. Thanks, Legalboxer.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really hope someone coached these kids about which Queen songs the audience would want most. It seems like every theme night a couple or more of the choices are the least popular songs, or ones we've never heard before.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As soon as I heard they were going to sing Queen songs, I wondered immediately what song Wade Kota would sing. Freddy had such a phenomenal voice. I just can't imagine Wade growling out any of his songs. Jeremiah should excel. And Madison.