TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 15, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XVII: The Live Shows: Archive through April 15, 2019 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought I would get it started :-)

Top 14 are amazing this year! They really did a good job selecting.

1. Laci Kaye Booth
2. Ashley Hess
3. Walker Burroughs
4. Madison Vandenburg
5. Uche
6. Laine Hardy
7. Evelyn Cormier
8. Dimitrius Graham
9. Riley
10. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon
11. Alyssa Raghu
12. Wade Cota
13. Eddie Island
14. Alejandro Aranda

The first live and voting show is Sunday, April 14.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Agree. I pretty much like them all--some more than others, of course. I'm not a big fan of Evelyn. Don't like the way she sings in the back of her throat. It's like she's trapping her voice and not letting it fully out. Bugs me.

Such a varied and talented group. Can't wait to watch them grown and improve. Next week is going to be heartbreaking when they have to let 4 go.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I like a few but the only ones I can put a name to in my head right now are Wade, Riley and Eddie.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like Jeremiah, Laine and Wade.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Wow, I really like all 8 of the guys. At this time, I would be fine if all 6 of the gals were the 1st to be sent home.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did the pretty young girl that sings country with the Alvin and The Chimpmonk like voice make it? I never can get on board with that sound. Britney Spears.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, we thought she sounded like Dolly Parton. Dolly sings just like that. And yes, she made it through, but I can't remember her name.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Excellent banner, Jimmer!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Aw thanks Naja. I’m glad people enjoy them. I couldn’t keep track of them otherwise.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Great banner, Jimmer. TY

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sorry grumping at this show because everyone is better than anyone has ever been and the judges are definitely over emoting, especially, as always, the girl without the left shark. No critique about anything to improve everyone is perfect already.
I hear breathing problems, a boring voice here and there. they so desperately need a Simon,

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Poor Walker, he was pretty bad. He went last so I thought he was going to be good.

I liked Riley, Wade and Ashley.

Lane and his Elvis song was fun.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jeremiah and Dimitrius stood out to me. As did Uche....but....?
I agree about the judges, everyone was the best, etc..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet (behind as usual) but I can agree about the judges without even watching. I want to see judges who judge and offer constructive criticism and tell it like it is. I don't want to see a continual gushing of praise.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's Kellie Pickler 14 years ago on Idol singing the same song Riley sang last night, "Suds in a Bucket". None of the judges liked it, but Simon hated it. I thought she sang it as good or better than Riley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUHXusQY_U

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wasn’t impressed with Walker,Riley or Eddie.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
IMO, based only on last night - the 4 that should go home are: Riley, Evelyn, Eddie, & Walker.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
No one could ever prove it, but I think the fact the show is now being telecast on Disney-owned ABC that the network might be pressing the judges to give all that gushing praise to everyone because that's more in keeping with the "happiest place on Earth" type of outlook that Disney persistently promotes. I'm probably wrong, but you never know.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It makes the judges' role pointless. There is no point in having judges that don't judge.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL Naja I remember that Kellie Pickler performance like it was yesterday. I can't believe it's been 14 years.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I like to blame the producer Trish, it has been going more and more like that since she has been in charge after the dancing producer left. sorry blanking on names and last names. The other thing I noticed is that they have more time challenges with ads and the end of the show. not smooth transitions. Live shows are hard to time. hey let the judges praise go on for too long and then run out of time for people at the end.

looked it up
executive producer Trish Kinane replaced Nigel Lythgoe in 2013 when I thought it really got a lot of bad changes. Not that it was not having problems before.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
4 go home tonight but judges have say of who is final member of top 10. Must mean that we will see who bottom 5 vote getters were with no idea placement & judges will pick one of these. Wonder if they will all get to sing again for the judges pick?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Madison and Walker are in the Top 10
Evelyn not in Top 10
All 3 sang.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here are the 7 that aren't safe. The judges will save 3 of them. If they aren't on this list, they have already been sent to the top 10.

Alyssa
Ashley
Dimitrius
Eddie
Evelyn
Riley
Uche

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My faves Jermiah, Madison, Dimitrius, and kinda like Wade too. DH likes Alejandro.