TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 14: General Discussion: Archive through May 09, 2018 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I hate that this show & AI are on at the same time. I watch this show because I like the coaches better than I like the judges on AI. I did catch AI last night for the 1st time & will watch it on Sundays.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched the Voice. I thought there was some really great singing last night. IMO, I do not see a clear winner. It just depends on what America likes.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
And, Kelly just tickles me every time I watch her. When she hears something that moves her, she cannot just sit there and listen. She has to get up and move. So much expression .... LOVE HER !!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Not sure how it all works for each coach to have 6 folks going into tonight's show & end up with 3 folks each after tonight's show. Anybody know how that all works?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, April 16, 2018 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Each coach only had one contestant voted thru tonight. Six contestants from each coach performed. It was a really rushed show. Too much in 2 hours.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s like they’re just slamming them through. Plus the singing just wasn’t all that great. I’m pretty disappointed with this (and American Idol). Too much quantity and too little quality.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm not as into this show or AI as I have been in prior seasons. I prefer The Voice to AI still, but neither show has stand outs for me. I don't even care if I miss the shows anymore because I can just read about them here. I could care less about the judges on AI but, my fav part of The Voice is the coaches so I'll continue to be a fan as long as this show keeps having seasons & Blake & Adam stay onboard. I also think that this season's coach panel is the best so far!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I wish they would quit changing the shows format! I can't keep up with what's going on.

Jimmer, I agree........very disappointed with the singing. Who the heck picked the songs last night? They were terrible!

I hope Kelly stays on as a judge. She is a delight to watch.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I thought one of the coaches said that the contestants chose their own songs. I did enjoy a few performances, I really liked Amazing Grace.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I won't be watching tonight because Survivor is way more important to me.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Jackie's boyfriend(Brandon?) looks very familiar, anybody have any idea from where?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jackie’s boyfriend was in the top 24 on American Idol. I just happened to see it somewhere on a web page.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I had no idea until today the Christina will never be returning to The Voice! Has this been known awhile? I didn't know until they mentioned her on The Talk today.

http://foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/04/....

"Don't expect Christina Aguilera to ever sit in one of "The Voice'"s famous red chairs again. In a candid new interview with Billboard, the 37-year-old singer has less than positive comments about the hit NBC singing competition. Aguilera was a coach alongside Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and CeeLo Green for season one of "The Voice," and stayed on for five more seasons between 2011 and 2016.

“It became something that I didn't feel was what I had signed up for in season one,” Aguilera tells the magazine about her experience. “You realize it’s not about music. It’s about making good TV moments and massaging a story."

The GRAMMY-winning singer says she felt restricted during her time on the show.

“I didn't get into this business to be a television show host and to be given all these [rules],” she says. “Especially as a female: You can’t wear this, can’t say that. I would find myself on that show desperately trying to express myself through clothing or makeup or hair. It was my only kind of outlet.”

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Since Miley really stretched the wardrobe restrictions, I really wonder what she wanted to wear on the show.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I've no idea who will go home tonight. No stand outs for me. I would think that Rayshun, Pryor, & Britton should be safe. Spensha should be ok as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dachshunds Rayshun was bottom three, saved by instant vote.

Jackie Verna and Christiana went home.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Blake still has three singers, Alicia and Kelly have two each. Adam has one.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.bing.com/search?pc=SUWI&form=AMZNS2&q=The+Voice

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm glad Rayshun was the one saved. He doesn't seem to be a voter fav though.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
And this is why people chose Blake, because he gets the votes.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
My least favorite is the guy that sings country on Blake's team, too much growling for my taste.
I really like Adam but he doesn't seem as invested as the others, just my opinion.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Because Blake's team is generally country and country fans can focus their support solely on the country performers, this show tends to turn into more of a competition between genres than a competition for the best performer. Which takes away some of the appeal for me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Adam looked tuned out last night during the singing.

I ff through the coaches pleading for votes, so he was probably tuned in then.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Adam is in the middle of preparing for a tour that starts at the end of the month. With a wife and child, I think he just might be exhausted.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Adam & his wife have 2 girls & one is a newborn.