TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 29, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 14: General Discussion: Archive through March 29, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thread for the new season which started last night!

It will be interesting to see The Voice and American Idol go against each other in the coming weeks.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 26, 2018 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kelly sure adds energy to this season. She’s fun!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
This is a great panel of coaches! And, of course Adam is still a "hottie"! tee hee.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yup... I watch because of Adam.... But, Kelly Clarkson is tickling me to death. I think it would be fun to hang around with her sometime.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love Kelly even more than I did before. She has the happiest face I have ever seen. I'm finding Alicia to be a bit dull.

I remember when people used to complain that American Idol was too much about the judges. This show is 100x more about the judges than Idol ever was. I don't mind though. Never did.

I haven't spotted a singer that moves me yet. We have quite a ways to go, so I have time.

eta: It's funny how I love Kelly even more now....Because that other show "The Four" had Meghan Trainor as a judge. I used to love her, and now I completely dislike her after that show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But the Voice Judges seem to like each other..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s mildly frustrating for me that it is all about the judges on The Voice. But only mildly because The Voice judges are so much fun.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do wish they would tone it down and not make wild promises to get a person on their team, only to turf most of them all too soon.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes they lay it on pretty thick about how they are the greatest thing and how they'll go far and they do that with far too many of the contestants. Hopefully the contestants have seen past seasons and know that they're exaggerating.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2018 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.. I will build my team around you.. And you! And you!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
see, I don't care how much fun the judges seem to be having, I know that they will sandbag some of these people, and it just makes me dislike them.
Yes it is a tv show and people are doing what they are told to earn a living, still, between the over the top praise and cajoling, and the time when there will be a battle where a song is chosen that only one can do justice on it makes me not like this as much as everyone seems to like it. I watch auditions, but the battle rounds always lose me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 02, 2018 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also dislike the new block feature.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 05, 2018 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think my early fav is the guy with long hair that sang "Bad Mama Jama". He was very sexy to me. He was so cute playing the ukulele.

I was ticked they didn't show us the entire audition of Angel (formerly Carlos). Why would they do that? grrrr

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
When they don't show the entire audition, I feel like they don't want that person to get any votes. Viewers aren't going to download a performance they didn't even get to hear, if that option is given, which I doubt.

Govols

07-18-2005

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
did anyone get the guys name that Blake just got?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
He seems to go by the single name "Wilkes". Like Cher. (if you mean the long red head).

If it's someone after that, I'm not up to that part in the show yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you mean the kid who sang "This Magic Moment" with the gold jacket, it was Jaron Strom.

Govols

07-18-2005

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
That's it, Jaron. Thanks Naja!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't watch The Voice but I've heard so many good things about Kelly Clarkson (whom I've always thought was amazing) that I'm considering watching.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So the last block was used by Kelly, against Alicia, for a singer singing one of Alicia's songs. Four chair turn and for the first time, the blocked was chosen.

Kelly is having fun, but OMG, she never stops talking!

I think she has it in her to be a good coach, which we will see in time.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
The coaches have become too over the top for me. I watch to see the contestants. I do love Kelly but she needs to take a seat and be quiet every once in a while. The show to me used to be more enjoyable to watch. I came back this year after giving up on it a few years ago and have found it has gotten worse. The judges need to make it more about the talent and less about them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In a million years I would never have guessed I could like an Ariana Grande song(Because I dislike her and her brother). But after they used it in a battle on Monday night, I downloaded it and I can't stop listening to it. It feels so mid to late 80s to me.

"One Last time" by Ariana Grande

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg92RrNhB8s

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Naja, I agree with you about disliking Arianna Grande and her brother. She can definitely sing, but can’t stand either one of them.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know which of Kelley's artisits left?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Her name is Hannah Goebel.

Here is her blind audition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKIoO6HIqjI