TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Live Shows

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 10: Live Shows users admin

The Voice
The Voice (on NBC)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 19, 2016Jimmer25 04-19-16  12:55 pm
Archive through April 26, 2016Jag200025 04-26-16  5:10 pm
Archive through May 12, 2016Whrlwnd25 05-12-16  8:53 am
Archive through May 24, 2016Naja25 05-24-16  6:30 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Every Breath You Take could be considered romantic or a stalker type song depending on how it's interpreted. It's like listening to Adele's stuff. It can be a little scary.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL Jimmer :-)

"Every Breath You Take" is part of my teenage years, and I never thought of it as creepy until Hannah's weird version.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I know I'm in the minority, but I really wish we knew LESS of the backgrounds...I still feel strongly that Alisan is getting pushed through alot because of her story. Yes, she is talented, but some weeks her performance wasn't as strong as others, but they went home and she remains. Just my two cents.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
i agree with you scooterrific.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I liked Hannah's original song. Also liked hearing Adam and Blake sing The Conversation.

But, Laith is doing my favorite type of music. Wouldn't mind seeing him win, doubtful it will happen.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Blake's contestant, Adam, will win this.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I hope so Kookliebird. I also like Laith

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
His original song was pretty good. It will get the country fan support.

While I did not watch the whole show, I liked Laith's first song better when he was singing in rehearsal. When he sang for the show, it seemed to lose the edge. I did not see his 2nd song.

Alison is a good singer, but I'm not sure that's enough anymore.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I honestly couldn't tell you their back stories. I fast forward through all of it except the performances and the critiques. It takes me about 40 minutes to get through a 2 hour show.

I don't even watch the coach performances with or without the contestants. If it's not something being judged, I don't watch it.

eta: and I watch even less of the results show. I FF through to only the parts where they are lined up on stage waiting to hear the results.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Naja, I do the same thing, but Alisan's back story has been brought up so many times by Xtina during the critiques, it's hard to miss.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If Alison wins, it's not because of her back story. She is so cute and a tremendous singer. Believe me, I didn't vote for her because of a back story.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If I had to imagine who has the best back story, I would guess Laith. He's so much older and paid so much dues.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Naja I'm not saying she isn't talented, however some weeks I don't think she was as good as some that went home, and I've spoken to many friends who agree.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've even posted on the nights I thought she fell short. But all the others have had those nights, too. And in my opinion, the others have had more of those off nights than she did with the exception of possibly Laith. I thought maybe 2 of his performances were lacking.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here we go!

-------------

4th place Laith

3rd place Hannah

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
------------------------------------------------

2nd place Adam

WINNER Alisan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I did not bother to watch. I already knew who the winner was. Knew since the beginning. lol

Loved Laith and would listen to him over and over!

Not saying Alison isn't a great performer; it just seemed to have been set up from the get go. I really wish they would not have the back stories. I do believe she got a lot of mileage from hers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I picked Alisan as soon as I saw her chair audition. She has been my fav throughout. A few weeks ago I added Laith to be in my top 2. I feel bad that he was 4th :-(

I really don't feel Alisan was set up to win. I feel and have felt all along that she was good enough to win. Apparently the plurality thought so, too.

eta: like a drunk getting sober isn't the oldest story in the book. I really don't think it had anything to do with her win. And lot's of the contestants have little children on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Eh.. well I probably won't finish watch last night's or watch tonights.. unless I get bored.

Really they are all ok.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So no one but me is happy Alisan won?

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
I am happy that Christina won!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Because of Alisan's singing :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really haven't been engaged that much this season. No one really made my heart soar so I didn't watch as much after awhile.

Of the four, Alisan wouldn't have been my winner.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This thread is so weird this season. I have always posted congrats to winner whether they were my personal favorite or not. And so did most everyone else. It's not like some chalk board scratchy wart faced ogre won this you guys. The person that won is a super singer with an enjoyable personality and super looks.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the spoiling Naja...I was too tired to stay up to watch the winner...happy for all four being there and hope they have some success.

I was lucky to tune in right when Adam played with Alison Krauss. One of my all time favorites - how special is that for Adam!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm happy that Alisan won. She is a good performer and I think she is marketable.

So what I'd really like to see now is for her to carry on and have a wonderful career instead of largely fading into obscurity like most Voice finalists.

By the way, I don't like the back stories either. I think it's ridiculous on a show called "The Voice".

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm happy for Alisan, and now that I've watched, I am convinced her back story helped her. I don't thing she was better than Adam or Laith. I hope all of them go far.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree Scooterrific. Also, I believe that both, Adam & Laith were/are more talented as far as music goes. I believe that the fact Alisan was already known for being "Curly Sue" helped her get voters.

Nobody has ever gotten really famous from being on this show. However, I would bet that most of the contestants that go very far on the show have more earning power in the music industry - even if they don't get famous. I'm sure that being on this show only helps their music careers no matter if they still play just smaller arenas - they are definitely more "known" than they were before The Voice! So all is good!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 30, 2016 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think Alisan's audition song, Blue Bayou, helped her from the start. I don't watch all of The Voice, knock-out rounds, etc. Was not as impressed with anything else I heard her sing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: