TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 08, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XV: Season and Series Finale 4/7/2016: Archive through April 08, 2016 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I feel bittersweet watching this. Getting teary-eyed at times.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
This is a great finale. It's nice to see all of the contestants from past seasons. So many are not recognizable, especially Bo Bice!
Season 2 will always be my favorite season and Clay my favorite contestant. Ruben still sounds great and it was good to see Kimberly Locke.
I'm enjoying this just as a good entertainment show, don't really care who wins.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
After all these years I still don't get the appeal of Fantasia. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Me either.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was the best AI finale ever! It's just amazing how many stars came out of the show.

Congratulations Trent! WOO HOO!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I knew it. They over hyped LaPorsha.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Same thing happened when David Cook and Phillip Phillips won their year.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I agree about Fantasia. I read one of those random "best" of lists about 10 best American Idol songs. I fully expected for Kelly Clarksons " Stuff like that there" to be number one. I have never seen anything that good since. There was a natural quality to it without fancy runs and high notes. She just sang with the great band, lots of fun facial expressions and turned to applaud the band afterwards. Never heard the song before and she sold it to me. My favorite ever idol moment. Her song was 4th and Fantasia Summertime was #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4XReUmx4TQ

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
J Lo looked stricken when Trent was announced as the winner. I really didn't have a vested interest in who one, but Trent was one of my favorites from the early rounds when he was pushing through while having mono.
Dalton was my other favorite, and probably the most marketable of the final 3.
I wish them all luck and hope they turn the experience into a career.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I so enjoyed the look back portion, remembering those early years... Texting before smart phones. Vote for the worst etc. AI was groundbreaking in many respects. Went through changes for sure, but when they talked about those numbers they were pulling, it was huge.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's just getting started here. I must say that Jordin Sparks is amazing. Also, some of the previous contestants look like they've lived a bit of a hard life. The pink wig girl,Ara, comes to mind.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kelly Clarkson is still the best.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Bo Bice must have a corporate job. He looks like an accountant!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Love Daughtery !

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Clay was amazing. His voice has gotten so rich.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't remember half these people.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Bo was a front man for a old rock band, I forget which one.
A lot of the newer years, I have to admit I didn't really watch all the shows,
I think that Idol was chasing the younger audiences and "marketing" too much and passed up better voices for saleable. They did better when they Couldn't control who they picked to win.

They did struggle with vote for the worst, and that pretty much started its rating tank.

I know (don't ask) that Clay was thinking of not going, but he did want to see everyone, I guess that they offered him a solo and that did it. I know they were not happy with him and he was not happy with them, so.

One thing that could have improved this show vastly was less time for J-lo - like best would be none. the woman is so autotuned and everyone here sings live.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Glad to see Phillip Phillips was there. While he's trying to get out of the Idol contract, ala What Clay did, he's one of the more successful Idol winners.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, could have done without JLo singing. Must have been practicing for her Vegas show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
yeah but Idol totally stalled Clay's career and for a while they killed Kelly's as well.
when they arranged the first toru they turned down Clear Channel an they both Clay and Kelly were blackballed from the radio, Clear channel has a strangle hold on the radio, if they don't play you, you don't get heard.
Kelly was lucky, she got a Disney song and you don't mess with the mouse, so they started playing Kelly again. But Clay was not so lucky and is still blackballed to this day. to the point that when there are fund raising things and they will play different songs for a donation, they still won't play Clay's. I know people who tried that and was turned down because they were told they just don't play him,. period. Can't have a music career if you can't get played.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Great show. Congratulations Trent. I like how Ryan said "goodbye" and added "for now"

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What a fantastic show! About the only things I fast forwarded over were the JLo extravaganza and Carrie Underwood.

I expected Trent to win, remember the week before last La'Porsha was in the bottom two. But it was so good that those last two extremely talented people were in the finale. And such a showcase of talent this whole show was, it's been pretty awful at times over the years, but it's really produced some stellar performers.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Fantasia - when she sings something inside me changes. I have no idea what it is and I can't describe it but it's like a chemical thing. I can tell others have equal talent but she just does something very fundamental to my core. Very weird and I guess not universal, given the comments here.

(David Bowie does (did :-() the same.)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the show via TiVO...love being able to zap through the commercials!!

What a great show and all the talent shown. I did ff through JLo's performance and my hubby called me a hater.

I was glad Trent won, he was my pick to win, so doubly glad.

And then Ryan closed with . . . "for now" . . . WHAT?!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In Wednesday's show they alluded to the cost of producing the show. I suspect something smaller may come in the future. Agree with Sadies, they have ruined a career or two. Right now, they are trying to do that with PP. he's one of the more successful winners and had to sing as part of a group. Yet, Jessica who came in 2nd got a spotlight song. Yeah, they always wanted her to win. I thought it was interesting that they put 5 white Guys with guitars singing together. It's been their knock that a white guy with guitar always wins.