TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Auditions and Battle Rounds

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 9: Auditions and Battle Rounds users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 04, 2015Sandra25 10-04-15  1:25 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Unlikely.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I fast forward through every back story. I can't tell you anything about any of the singers except weather or not I think they can sing.
I also ff through a majority of the coaching, begging, etc. I just want to know how well they sing and which coach they picked. The rest is a waste of my night.
"I'm Gwen, and I was in a band."

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Haven't heard him say anything about Miranda yet. They said that he was going through the divorce proceedings when this was being filmed. So, maybe the producers cautioned the singers on singing a Miranda song.

I liked last night's show. Some very good singing. The battle rounds will be fun.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree, I mostly don't pay attention to the packages or even FF through some if I'm paying that much attention and tend to glaze over the coaches spiel.

But I do like knowing if a singer comes in thinking they want a specific coach and if I catch that I watch to see who they chose if they get a four chair turnaround. Twice this week the person had stated a preference that wasn't Blake and ended up choosing Blake.. so he may be saying some of the right things at times.

I still have half of last night's show to finish but am ready to get through the painful battle rounds..

I really wish we could ignore stories/packages on most shows.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I like the battle rounds & like that the not chosen person in the duets still has a chance to be stolen by one of the other 3 coaches. Each coach gets to steal 2 (right?).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yup, that's what is fun about the battle rounds. I am liking Gwen a lot more this season that the last time she was on it. It's a fun group of judges.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ok and why did Adam shave his head? Not a good look for him..

I like this group of judges.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He just gets crazy with his hair sometimes. Remember the Blonde look. That was weird!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
For the first time, so far, I've agreed with all the judges choices. And the few that I thought both were so good, the one not chosen got stolen! Saw an article this am about how shocking it was that Adam picked Keith over Manny last night. I don't agree. I thought Keith had a much better voice.

For many years I've thought Adam made the wrong picks in the battle rounds and that was one of the reasons he kept losing. This year, he seems to be doing a better job.

One thing I just don't understand is why the judges pit two of their better singers against each other. Hubby seems to think the producers pick who goes against who, but the way the judges talk, it sounds like they choose.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I also agree with the judge's choices. I thought Keith was a better choice over Manny also. I think Manny's age may have been a deterrent for Adam because I don't think Manny would get the younger votes who I think are in the majority. JMHO

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they try to pick two people who have a chance of doing well with the same song.

With some pairs they sound so good together, I think if Simon Cowell was there he would want to form a group.

There were a couple who left when I thought they might have been stolen .. I have no idea of names at this point, but soon it will be easier.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The last 2 girls were cute, but I didn't see why you would use a steal on the one who lost.

Having said that, I have always suspected that they put 2 people together knowing that someone else will steal the one who loses.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I also think that Adam is more into it this year. Last year, he was juggling a world tour and a new marriage. I think he may have just 'phoned it in'. This year, it's clear that he's really into getting the best on his team. So, yeah, I agree that his choices are much better than in prior years.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm ready for more of those battle rounds tonight!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Great start! Blake paired Blind Joe with that long haired rocker guy (can't remember his name). They sang Old Time Rock-n-Roll. They were both really good & Blake picked Blind Joe. Adam stole the other guy.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Adam's 2 folks went next & Adam picked the guy that had the accent. The girl was not stolen.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That actually surprised me. The other judges were so complementary of her, I thought someone would take her. Adam was right to pick the guy though.

However, I was surprised that Adam took the girl twins. Glad that Blake picked up the guy singer they were up against. He was very very good.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
IMO, Blake will never let Blind Joe go because all the others want him! If I was a contestant on Blake's team, there is no way I would want to be paired w/Blind Joe in the knock out round. The coaches only get 1 steal in this round so they will be picky on who they choose. Actually, they prob want to steal someone back that they already lost in the battle round so it limits even more other's chances of being kept if they don't win their knockout round.

If Blind Joe doesn't win the whole thing, he'll be around till the end I would bet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 23, 2015 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If Cee Lo is allowed to return, I will puke.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: