TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 04, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 9: Auditions and Battle Rounds: Archive through October 04, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New season started September 21st!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Thanks for starting this Jimmer. One of my favorite shows and I'm so excited. Looks like we're off to a great start with a few really great sounding contestants!
Love having Gwen back!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think the Country guy that Blake got will go far this season. He seemed very comfortable on stage.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
How 'bout Jordan Smith last night?!!!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Is that the other country guy that Adam got? Whoever that was, I really liked him... actually, he wasn't straight country, more crossover. I thought he would fit better with Adam than Blake.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jordan Smith sang Monday night. Kinda pudgy guy who has a beautiful female-sounding voice. He sang Chandelier. When he started singing, camera wasn't on him so TV viewers couldn't see him either. It was a SHOCK! Four chairs turned for him! He said he's usually mistaken for a female on the phone. He's witty. My memory is so short -- I don't remember who he chose for his coach. Whichever one of them is lucky.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There are Youtubes of his audition -- The Voice Jordan Smith. It's worth checking out if you didn't see it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He picked Adam.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Pharrell picked up a guy last night who sings a lot of Stevie Wonder. Pharrell had him sing some song, can't remember, and he was superb. I liked the guy who Blake picked up who sang country and was the last to sing on Monday night. Plus Jordan Smith was great. This is one of my really favorite shows. Luv the judges!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Just went on to YouTube and the guy who loved Stevie Wonder is Evan Keel and Pharrell had him sing Overjoyed. I predict him as the winner or Blake's country guy Barrett Baber. I knows it's early but those 2 really stood out along with Blind Joe who picked Blake.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I usually work on the computer during the auditions and just listen. If someone sounds really great, I'll turn around and check them out. To be honest, I think that the judges sometimes hear something more than we do.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
WOW!! No one watching The Voice. I think this season is great so far and a whole lot of talent. And of course....I love the judges.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I worry about so many of the good ones picking Blake and getting eliminated too early in the battle rounds...

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This season it seems like the contestants are choosing songs that are so familiar and I can sing along. I love when that happens.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am switching between the Voice and DWTS.
good season!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am feeling like the intro packages this season are either too long or too sad, or both too long and too sad. FF certainly is my friend this season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've never liked the intro packages on this show and I've always found the whole thing hypocritical. The whole premise of the show was that it is supposed to be about "the voice" and instead we get all of these sad stories, background packages and ultimately big production numbers. That's fine but then it shouldn't be called The Voice.

My favorite line by a guest judge on American Idol was by Katy Perry (I think) who said after hearing a sad tale of woe, "Okay that's very moving but can he sing?"

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
do the judges see the packages?

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
ITA Jimmer. It irks me. Is this The Voice or The Saddest Story?

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think it has crossed over this season with the sad back stories. The ones with average stories just get a blip of their audition shown.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't know if the judges see the packages but even if they don't see them it still seems a bit disingenuous to spend so much time on background on a show that claims to be about "the voice". Plus the viewers see the packages and they are the ones who decide the winner. But I guess it is only about the voice until the judges' chairs turn around. After that they should call it "The Package".

LOL - I know I sound grumpy but when I hear a song, I decide whether I like it based on the music, singing and lyrics and not on what the singer does in their regular life (unless they do something totally heinous but that is another issue).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying listening to the music. Funny, I don't pay any attention to the back stories, at all. They had some good singers on last night.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
The backstories themselves don't bother me except for the fact that without them we would get more actual auditions, which is what I would rather see.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And as far as we know the coaches don't know the backstories before they don't see the singers and turn their chairs when they hear their voices.

So the backstories are for us and we can easily avoid them if we want.

Sandra

07-05-2004

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
Wonder if Blake will bring up Miranda like he used to?