TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2/26 - Top 13 Week (Singing & Results...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 2/26 - Top 13 Week (Singing & Results) users admin

AI
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 26, 2014Naja25 02-26-14  8:01 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I sure misunderstood the google voting rules. I thought you could only vote a total of 50 times at google. But no, that's wrong. You can 50 times per contestant.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yep, same for the toll free number. You can give 50 votes to each of your favs. So I assume that's how it is for all the other voting methods.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
It's soo much easier voting with Google. Before you had to count your votes in your mind and 50 was a lot of pushing buttons and counting if you voted for a few contestants.
Phew!!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't like any of the first singers and unlike the judges I didn't like MK. I had my back turned to the television and my immediate thought was "who is that horrible singer?" Neither Sam nor Caleb are going anywhere anytime soon judging by the audience's reaction (but did anybody else think they were inserting canned screaming because it all sounded the sanme regardless of contestant?). I thought Jessica and Majesty did a great job.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing that the dearth of comments from TVCHers is somewhat indicative of how far down the popularity ladder AI has fallen. In the old days, there would've been a ton of member reviews. I just want M.K. to go far, but if she doesn't, at least she made it to the final 13.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one that thought MK sounded horrible? The judges all said it was good, and I thought it was the worst of the night. But what do I know. Oh I just saw Roxip agrees with me. I wanted her to do well and it was awful.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought MK was middle of the pack last night. The first three singers were pretty bad, I don't know if they had the infamous sound problems Harry kept talking about or it was just nerves. The singers more towwards the end were quite a bit better.

I liked Caleb, Jena, Jessica, Majesty, and I don't know if it was Emily or Kristen, but the one of those two who performed near the end.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I want her to do well too (shoot, I want them all to do well), but I just didn't care for her look. I like her unique look and style (she kind of looks like a young Justin Bieber) but so far haven't really liked her voice that well.

I actually watched - I just have so many other shows on Wednesday night (still haven't even watched Survivor) that I can't comment as much as I would like. As it is I have to watch it after I get home from choir practice so that makes for a late night.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We watched it for Harry, but by the second singer, I asked my husband, "These were the BEST singers?!" We ended up listening to about 10 seconds of each singer then FFing to the judges' comments. I liked the rocker best. :-)

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Like Lakecat....I didn't know any of the songs that were performed.
I read something interesting on the net last night. The male wildcards last on average 5.8 rounds and women wildcards last only 4.1 rounds. Hope CJ makes it further. Caleb, Sam and Alex ain't going away anytime soon. I was disappointed in Ben last night and I love country.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
With the exception of a very few, the majority of the bunch was awful. This is what I thought from the beginning, so I hope it improves. My favorites were Alex, Majesty, Caleb and Jessica. I think MK and Sam will get better. The rest, meh.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ben, Alex and Jena are safe.
Malaya is in B3.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Dexter, Majesty and Sam are safe.
MK in B3.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Kristen in B3. All the rest safe.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Kristen B1. Judges didn't save her. Bye-Bye!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jag!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did think Kristin would be in the bottom group. I think MK can do better but she wasn't the worst.

Teach.. several of them started out rocky and settled in, so you missed that..not that it was earth shattering.

I also haven't even started watching Survivor. So many shows.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know who goes on tour this year, is it only the top 10?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
The best I can find is saying that the top 13 will all go on tour.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I just Googled "AI tour 2014" and saw that Candice Glover and the Top 11 will be on tour this year.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Better 11 than 12, it was horrible that year when all but one went on tour. Odd that Candice is touring again.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Candice's singing last night was boring. She just didn't grab me emotionally. She has a beautiful voice, but no personality. She still looks terrified on stage.

I thought there were a lot of nerves this week. Hopefully they will do better next week. Other than the first three singers, who were pretty shaky, I thought most of them did well, even though I didn't know some of the songs. Thought Emily did pretty well with Pink's song (LOVE Pink), but it was too pretty and needed an edge to it.

I think the judges have been told not to ramble this year. We're noticing a definite concisement of critiques. Love the silly banter between Harry and Keith. You can tell they all like each other--not like last year! Ugh!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So, is there something going on between Malaya and Sam, or are they just school buddies?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had to FF through Candice after a bit.

Now, when they chose the top 13, one of the girls said something about being on the tour and no one told her otherwise. But it would be different.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: