TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 2/26 - Top 13 Week (Singing & Results): Archive through February 26, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I started the weekly thread early :-)

Our Top 13:

Top 5 Girls:
Malaya
Emily
Jessica
Majesty
MK

Top 5 Guys:
Ben
Alex
Dexter
Caleb
Sam

Judges' Wild Cards
Jena
Kristen
C.J.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja! So does anyone have predictions? Will the wild cards stay around or will they go early? Any thoughts on who are the top contenders?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I haven't been overly impressed with any of the girls this year. They all sing well but nobody has caught my eye. I really like almost all the boys, especially Caleb and C.J.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So far I am favoring Emily, Sam and Jessica. Maybe Jena, too. I think I'll have a better idea after Wednesday's show.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Here we go, M.K., here we go! Here we go, M.K., here we go! Here we go, M.K., here we go! Here we go, M.K., here we go! Here we go, M.K., here we go!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
While watching The Voice tonight, I realized what Idol has that makes me choose it over The Voice.

From their very first appearance on The Voice, those singers come out all polished and near perfect the way they are.

But with Idol, we can really start out with some lumps of coal, see some of them get better and better, and end up with a diamond superstar somewhere in the finalists.

There really isn't a journey or transformation on The Voice.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I agree, but I am going to try to watch them both.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that the nice thing about AI is we get to see a progression and see the contestants developing over a period of weeks rather than a choppy series of battle rounds. By the time the winner and second place have been determined on AI, the audience has had a chance to see them numerous times. They get to build a fan base from the steady exposure they get over many weeks. I suspect that may be one reason why AI contestants have more successful careers after the show ends.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Theme tonight is "This is me". They asked the contestants to choose a song that defines them as an artist and as a person.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No this is cool. We don't have to wait until the end of the show to vote.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Survivor so please spoil....

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not going to do play by play, but the first 3 people who were up, Dexter, Malaya, and Kristen, were all pretty mediocre. The judges haven't been wowed yet.

eta: Harry keeps commenting that everyone is a little off key, and he thinks it's because of their earpieces. He says he prefers not to use one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ben sang Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues".

I thought it was awful, Keith thought the tempo was too fast. Jennifer loved it. Harry thought it was best tonight so far.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
C.J. sang Darius Rucker's "Radio".

Awww, it was so sweet and fun. My fav so far tonight.

Jennifer loved it, Harry thought it was just "ok". Keith Liked it a lot.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
MK sang Allen Stone's - Satisfaction.

All 3 judges loved it, especially Jennifer.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Majesty sang Janelle MonĂ¡e's "Tight Rope".

The audience loved it.

Keith called it a "killer" song choice. Jennifer swooned over her, called her blessed. Harry loves her mystery and seeing it unravel. Called it terrific. They really liked her performance.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Pretty good show - just wish they could compress it a little

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jena sang Coldplay's "The Scientist".

Wow, I thought she sounded great!

Jennifer loved it, Harry thinks she makes great choices as a singer and he felt it, Keith thought it was pitchy in the beginning, but she leaned into it and got it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Alex sang Jason Mraz's "Beautiful Mess".

Harry thought it was brave, but cautioned him to sing in tune. Harry didn't really feel what he was singing about.
Keith said it pulled him in. Jennifer agreed with Keith, she was caught up in it and she loved it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jessica sang Shinedown's "The Crow and the Butterfly".

Keith called it very bold and cool. Jennifer said it's her fav performance of the night "dope". Harry said it was cool to hear her sing differently, strong, nice job.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Emily sang Pink's "Glitter in the Air".

Jennifer said she did it beautifully. Lot of emotion, great pitch, gushing.
Harry said it was great, Jen's right, sang it well, proud of her.
Keith said he agrees with Jen, beautiful vocal performance top to bottom, one of his favs of the night, period.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do you guys remember the judge Kara DioGuardi?

As I was quickly jotting down just some highlights of what the judges were saying tonight, I realized how much I don't miss Kara judging. She would ramble on for so long that that there was no way to get any meaning from it to be able to sum it up for a post.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I feel like a fuddy duddy, I don't know any of these songs. I prefer theme nights. I just don't feel it like the judges with Malaya.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sam sang Matchbox 20's "Unwell".

Harry wished his vocals mirrored the the meaning of the song, but thought it was good, great, nice.
Keith thought the tempo was too slow, but still captivating.
Jennifer called him a quiet storm, amazing voice, very adorable, sings perfectly, needs to come alive a little more, voice is amazing, he needs to get loose.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Caleb sang Rival Sons' "Pressure And Time".

LOL.... he even has pyrotechnics! hahahah (actually, it was just smoke)

The audience went crazy.

Keith said he has serious pipes. Only thing now is he has to put a twist on it because he is so retro. He has all the skills to pull it off.
Jennifer said he is so ready for the rock star life. He has the goods to back it up.
Harry said it's great to hear RocknRoll on Idol, and if Rival Sons needs a replacement lead singer, you have that gig, you killed it.