TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/10 - Top 6 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 11, 2013 users admin

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I'm not seeing Candice being way above the rest. Yes she is great but I see Kree and Angie just as good. IMO if Candice doesn't win, it won't be because she isn't as cute (I think she is beautiful), I think it will be because she is boring. She doesn't have much of a personality.

I'm not understanding all the love the judges have for Amber. She is my least favorite and I don't see or hear anything exciting when she sings. Just not feeling anything from her.

I agree the judges might have saved Lazaro with their downright meanness, especially Nicki. She is over the top condescending and rude. She gets too personal with her comments.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Maineiac, I agree about Candice's personality. That would be something they would definitely have to work on.

I love Kree. She's my favorite and even if she doesn't win, she will definitely be a hit in the country music sector.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kree has been my fav since I saw her first full performance, but Candice is coming close this week. I thought Kree and Candice were the best last night.

I thought Lazaro was so horrible, I can't believe he is there. I couldn't believe he made it to top 10 in the first place. I feel so guilty saying that about someone with such obstacles in their life to overcome. I hope this time on Idol is very happy for him.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't think it is a happy place for Lazaro anymore. He looked miserable last night. The people that are voting for him are not doing him any favors. He may very well win, but that will be it for him. IMO I think it is just plain cruel now.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Interesting, I find Angie so disconnected and "cold" it is offputting in a major way. There is no passion, there was not even any in the second song for me. I find her performances fine, but not in the least interesting. Amber is pretty much the same way - she got "into" her Beyonce song, but it was just bouncy and didn't really require that much in the way of singing. It actually requires dancing and she didn't really dance.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, could Lazaro be singing so poorly cause he just doesn't want to be there anymore? Could anyone really be that bad? To miss the key change is just inexcusable. I agree that whoever is voting for him needs to stop. He's just awful.

Naja, don't feel guilty when you criticize Lazaro. You're not saying anything against him as a person, just his singing. He doesn't belong there. If his speech impediment is causing people to vote for him, that's just wrong.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The judges should be ashamed that they put him through in the first place. It's not like he suddenly became a mediocre singer.

I know some people love sappy background stories but the show should really be about talent. Wasn't it Katy Perry who was guest judging one time and they went through a whole backstory on one contestant and she just sat there listening to them go on and on about the backstory and then said, "Okay ... but can he sing?!?!?" I felt like giving her a standing ovation.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I see Angie, Janelle and Lazaro in the bottom 3 tonight. I think we will lose one girl before Lazaro goes. So, I think that Janelle may be the one going home.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Will they use the save tonight if it is anyone but Lazaro? That's an interesting decision. I'm sure the producers want them to use the save because it is emotional and exciting. They only have this week and next week to use it. If they don't use it this week and Lazaro actually falls to the bottom next week then they will never get to use it. But if they do use it this week and someone they think is better than Janelle ends up in the bottom next week then they may regret using it this week. Or they may want the drama and controversy of Lazaro staying over one of the girls. Interesting.

I wonder if some people simply vote based on gender? Is there a vote for Lazaro simply because he is the only guy left?

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Other than vote bots, I haven't got a clue as to who is voting for Lazaro. I thought Candice was outstanding in that final performance. I was very happy to see the standing O she received. My 2 favs are Kree and Candice. If I had to pick a third, it would be Janelle. The other 2 ladies can sing and have moments in their songs that I enjoy hearing. But, other than that they both leave me feeling a little cold. I can't quite put my finger on why. But then, I feel the same way about Christina Aguilera, and look where she is. So, I bet Angie and Amber will do just fine without my support.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The longer Lazaro stays, the more he will be slated to sing on the tour, too. That will be painful.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
agree Jimmer, They put Lazaro through the same way they put Sanjaya through. The producers saw a story that would appeal to a certain element who would vote and get them ratings. Now that they are getting down to final numbers they want this person gone, they will demonize him if he doesnt get booted this week. Randy will be the worst offender, going on about how America got it wrong, and how America has to do the right thing. Any empathy they supposedly had for lazaro will go out the window.

I am not a Lazaro fan, but I think he is immature and may not be equipped to deal with what is coming his way.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The problem is that Lazaro isn't bringing ratings. If he were, AI wouldn't have had its worst ratings in history a couple weeks ago.

Anyhow, Mariah was a hot hot hot hot hot mess last night. She's just not equipped to speak extemporaneously and every time she does, I feel like putting some music in front of her so she can sing instead of talk.

Much as I like Nicki as a judge, she should never again be allowed to say "how are you doing?" to the contestants. And Randy must forever give up his "in it to win it" and "this is now a contest" bullshit.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Lazaro is so arrogant!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
No spoiling tonight?

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
SO, true, Iluvreality...and smug as all get out.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Storming here, cable is off and on, what is happening, who is going home

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Ryan made 3 groups of two: Angie/Janelle, Kree/Candice and Lazaro/Amber.

Top/Middle/Bottom???

Scotty sang and now Kelly.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Rslover, Thank you.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Making the judges crazy with Lazaro and Amber grouped. They would save Amber, not Lazaro but of course the bottom two could be Angie/Janelle
:-(

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
K & C - Top 2
A & J - safe
L & A - Bottom 2

Lazaro home...

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Over 34 Million votes..Lazaro bottom..Amber is safe..YES!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It certainly was time for him to go home. He'll get to go on tour, so that might help him.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Not using the save, as we all knew.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post