TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/10 - Top 6 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 11, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And the theme tonight is .... um .... let me check and see.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ah yes. Each finalist will perform two songs, including "A Song I Wish I Had Written". Okay then.

Yay. Two chances to hear Lazaro.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'll watch the 2nd hr only because I'm not missing Survivor.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well the second song is Bacharach songs - and they are deceptively simple sounding, but are a lot more complex than you would think and hard to sing. _ this from an interview with Bird years ago. Something abut key changes and Rhythm breaks.
I predict that Lazaro will be a disaster on this - No, I am not a professional seer.

Here is a spoiler for this show - only click if you want to be spoilered

'American Idol' preview: The Top 6 song choices revealed

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I will wait to see what everyone says before I watch. To those that can watch have fun

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh my, Lazaro should never attempt a Karen Carpenter song.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lazaro should never attempt to sing anything again. Ever. By anyone. That boy just needs to go.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Baby, from your lips to God's ears.

Scbarber

06-08-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scbarber a private message Print Post    
I'm not getting the Amber love.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Angie was disconnected form her song, I felt nothing. Amber was good, but there was something missing, some specialness - Dionne sang rings around this girl.
Lazaro - the less said the better.
I just realized the judges talk twice as much as the singers sing - I note that a s a problem, because I just do not enjoy the judges.

Separate Note _ Kelly will be appearing on the results show tomorrow.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so far, Candace put in the bacharach performance i could cheer, except maybe a little over the top at the very end.

Chy

07-19-2003

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
YYyyyikes!
For once MiMi makes wonderful sense about something!
She just told Lazaro what he did that was a great sin in singing: Every one onthe stage went to key change but him! She said .... you're staying in the old key...

What crazy voters are keeping Lazaro in this competition? I thought VFTW doesn't have that much power any more.

I'm watching this on dvr, just came back from a choir practice! Goodness, I shall never be so hard again on those Tenor guys for singing out of tune...

Eroica

07-28-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
OMG Lazaro is in first place on Dial Idol. It will be a shame if he stays this week.

Chy

07-19-2003

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
UGH! I just about want to beg AI to do something and get rid of Lazaro.

Candace was great!
Angie and Amber both remind me of Carrie Underwood. They sound good, look great, but I'm not connecting with them. But Imust know nothing, check out what great following Carrie has, and she'd only started to sound good to me lately.

Sam

05-02-2004

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sam a private message Print Post    
Candace, Kree, Angie (piano song)...fab. Not feeling Amber although she's a good technician. Janelle's beaming at mediocre praise is inauthentic which is how I feel about her singing. Lazaro was dreadful.

But, more importantly, Mariah always has the most exquisite nail polish. I always want to run out and buy whatever she is wearing.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Apparently the "powers that be" read the judges the riot act about all the Lazaro praise. Let's face it the kid has a great back story, but this is a singing contest and he's no where near the singer that any of the girls are.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DH said tonight that AI needs to give the judges a "kill"--rather than a "save"--and they should use it on Lazaro. My dog actually cried when he sang tonight. "Why do burs suh-enly appear?" Ugh!!!

Candice is so on another level than the others. And Lazaro is in another universe. Just not in the good way. Who is voting for him???

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
P.S. Someone needs to give Mariah an egg timer. She rambles and wanders so much. They need to just turn off her microphone like they do at the awards shows when someone talks too long. Enough already!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm just part way through but Lazaro was terrible. I was sitting there saying.. what the heck is he doing not changing key with the music/background singers??? ACK!! And there were some sharp spots too, I think.

Vote For the Worst is having a field day with him.

I did see pictures online and he has a very cute boyfriend, so hopefully that is some comfort to him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought they were kind of overly effusive with their gushing over Amber, who was okay.

(Still not done watching the first batch of songs and shuddering to think what song Lazaro wishes he wrote.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Amber is my least favorite of the gals.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Candice's last performance was something else!

I think they overplayed the Lazaro must go home thing, and should have let his singing speak for itself a bit more. Being so direct might backfire on them. So assuming Lazaro will stay (and he was top three last week and this week he might get a sympathy vote on top of his regular adorers) I think Janelle will go home, or maybe Amber. I think the judges would save Amber, but might not save Janelle (if this isn't the last week the save can be used).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dial Idol doesn't have anyone declared safe or anyone declared unsafe and west coast voting is still open via phone..

The order (but that is statistically meaningless..

Candice
Lazaro
Kree
Angie
Amber
Janelle

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I find myself fast forwarding through Lazaro,Amber and ...Mariah.
Kree,Angie and Janelle are great.Candice far above anybody else.
I was thinking that Candice wont win, lets face it,shes not as cute as the other girls,and beauty is power-but how can she *not* win with that last performance? Wow.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mariah is the reason they ran out of time at the end of the show and Candice didn't really get much judge time. They just need to cut her mike.

And I think Candice is beautiful! She has perfect skin and beautiful eyes. And that voice!