TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/18 - Top 7 Week - Again (Singing and Results): Archive through April 20, 2012 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow, I didn't see that coming. But, the judges told everyone to vote Jessica / Joshua.... they got what they asked for.

I thought it would be Colton / Skylar in the finals. Now, I think Skylar will win it all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bummer.. Colton is gone :-( Hollie and Elise were bottom three with him, Hollie bottom two.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dial Idol had it right.

I'd have rather watched more of Colton than Elise or Hollie. Just glad Skylar was okay.

I'm sure the judges are high fiving each other over getting out the votes for Jessica and Joshua.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was surprised and I can't watch the whole show because of filler, but I do tune in at the end for the summaries and the elimination. Thought Colton would be a lock for final 2

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
This really makes me mad.
I would much rather watch Colton perform then Jessica and I would buy his album.
I really resent how Randy and Jennifer are shoving Jessica and Jushua down our throats.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I'd rather watch Colton than Jessica. She just bores me, I know she has a powerful voice but I'm still not drawn to it. Colton was okay, at least I thought he was a little interesting.

I definitely think a girl will win, it's been a long time!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think that the Jessica and Joshua fans felt they were safe last week so they felt they didn't need their votes. I'm a Joshua fan and have felt the last couple weeks he would be safe. I was wrong and voted my a$$ off last night. Not sorry to see Colton go and can't believe Elise is still there. Am happy one of them went home. 👏 👏

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Guess I'll have to crank up the cell next week to put in double votes for Skylar.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Colton was fantastic last week but he was terrible this week and for whatever reason the fans seem much more fickle now than in past years. One bad week and it can be all over. I'm sorry to see him go.

So we have Joshua and Jessica - who I don't feel much of a connection with when they sing.

Hollie - Who I like a lot and has clearly improved and is trying hard but still struggling a bit.

Phillip and Elise - Both of who are fed up and have largely checked out.

Skylar - Who at least has some energy and wants to win.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
I expect Philip and Skylar will be the final 2.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Wow, I know Colton had a bad week, and his outfit was super horrible but to go home, well that just sucks.

Holly doesn't have a chance so I don't care who wins now, I just don't care for the stuff the rest of them do and would never buy any of it. I know they say this year is the most talented bunch ever but I can't connect with them.

Holly's awkwardness or nervousness is endearing to me, she is the kind of singer I want on AI, I don't want them too polished, I like to see the growth. This show has come a long way from its beginning where you got raw talent and watched a star emerge, now it is too much pro and I find it not near as interesting.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He was definitely in the bottom two in terms of songs this week, but I thought his previous performances would have saved him, plus I kind of assumed he'd get all the young girl votes, or at least half.

Jimmy finally clues in to the fact Jessica's songs have all been too old for a teenager?!?!!

Oh and it bugs me when they say so-and-so chose this song. We all know they had a list of 20 or so to choose from and they'd probably only heard of two of them.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I wrote last night that Jessica shouldn't have sang Try a Little Tenderness because it was too old for her. I think Jimmy was listening to many of us.

It was really sad watching Colton leave tonight. I didn't think he'd make it to the final two like so many did but I still felt sad.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Would the judges have used their "save" on Colton if they hadn't already used it on Jessica? I wonder.....

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Probably. Colton picked the worst week possible for a bad performance. If he had done this last week, he likely would have been saved.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Colton was my favorite I can't believe he got voted out. I don't get all the Jessica/Joshua love either but I also don't get all the Skylar love, and I really liked her in the beginning. She seems to screech through her songs. She did song great during the group song though.

Holly is now my fav and she will probably be voted out next week. :-(

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Phillip and Elise - Both of who are fed up and have largely checked out.

I don't see them this way at all. Especially, Phillip. I think he is secure in who he is as a musician and is sticking to his vision.

I feel like the competition has made Elise more confused in who she is and that she's tried doing what judges suggest to her, but to me, she seems like she just doesn't know what else to do, to get the votes. I don't see her as checked out.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's not the way to do it, but I judge them on their overall performances, not just the last one. I am just about totally over this show. The judges are irking me no end. I guess because they so often do the opposite of my opinion. ALWAYS a standing "o" for some I can't stand. I DO NOT like Skylar or Joshua. I really don't care for Jessica and Philip that much. I like Hollie. I love Elise and Colton. I was hoping they would be the final two. So, at the rate it's going, I'm sure Elise will be the next one out and the final two will be Skylar and Joshua, so we can listen to a screeching, screaming song fest.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was so disappointed to hear that Colton was out that I erased my show last night before I even watched it. I really don't care for any of these contestants left so I think I might just have more spare time on Wednesday and Thursday nights! I can just fast forward to Phillip's performances and be done with it!

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I feel like the competition has made Elise more confused in who she is and that she's tried doing what judges suggest to her, but to me, she seems like she just doesn't know what else to do, to get the votes. I don't see her as checked out.

Smokey, ITA with what you said above. This seems to happen every year with the judges. They did that to Haley last year until she finally just started doing what she knew was being herself.

I read in an article this morning something Colton said after being eliminated. He said he started trying too hard to get a standing ovation from the judges instead of just being himself and doing what he does.(or something like that)
I feel like when the judges started giving Joshua and Jessica standing ovations right out the gate, the other contestants felt the pressure to get that instead of being themselves and singing to the audience.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Colton would have been saved.. since I saw an interview where Jennifer said she thought he would make it at least to top 5.

As for the standing ovations.. I agree.. I saw that "want" not only in Colton's eyes as they stayed seated but seemed like others were looking for it too. And they seem to jump to their feet for J and J, no matter what.

I happened to see the last 5 minutes live, but did erase the recording of the whole show. I'd have been FFing a lot anyway, especially with the omnipresent LMFAO on the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I will say that my impressions of Colton rose from very low initially and are higher from the comments he has made after being eliminated..

Just compare to the drama when Jessica was swooming on the couch at the thought of being in the bottom two and how she couldn't even perform, even after Stephen had basically announced that they were going to be using the save.

Colton was able to cope and give a good performance after being eliminated.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Dare I say it? I am so glad for the last song that Colton sang, where he gave glory and honor to his God. Which, in my opinion, is way more important than advancing in stupid singing contest. He shared his heart with that song and it showed.

I think the judges should just be around for picking the final 24 or 12 and let the rest be up to American....and, yes, we CAN get it right! I don't like the judges' comments, nor their standing "O's" for various singers. It's not fair and I feel they are trying to sway the votes. Plus, I don't think they have helpful criticism. Their vocabularies are very limited and you can almost expect to hear the same words out of their mouths each week. = boring!

I am sorry Colton went before Jessica or Joshua. I think he was talented but not 'over the top' great, like Adam for example. I do like Elise and think her struggles are only because she tries to listen to the judges. I find Jimmy to be pretty astute and accurate in his evaluations.....wish they listened only to him!

I hope Hollie survives this. She is very good and just needs the right encouragement and opportunity. I think Phillip will find his niche, wherever that may be, as he is totally confidant in who he is as a singer and performer.

My favs are still Hollie, Phillip and Elise.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think that Colton has enough passion and desire to succeed that he will do well outside the AI fold.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I see Colton making it big in the Christian rock world. He'd have a huge following.

Roxip, you sound like me but when I talk about Phillip. I have said if he goes, I'm done watching. No one else does anything for me.