TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/18 - Top 7 Week - Again (Singing and Results): Archive through April 19, 2012 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think that Jennifer was right about Elise not showing her emotions or vulnerability. There is something about her that is rather off-putting.

Loved the look on Phillip's face when he was singing Midnight Hour. It was like "I know a secret". Love him!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Elise seems to me to be one of the most unapproachable performers that I have ever seen on AI. People talk about Jessica not connecting with the audience but I find that Elise comes across as very cold and distant. That may work okay in general in the music industry (depending on her act and performance) but I don't think it works in an AI format where she needs to show likability.

I'm probably not expressing myself well and it makes it sound like I dislike her when I do like her. I just think that she has never fit in well and seemed comfortable with the way AI works. It's almost like her demeanor is too professional. Whereas Jessica and Hollie need some more experience, I get the feeling that Elise almost feels like she is too experienced or comes across as too experienced to be up there being critiqued on a show like this.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
By the way, I've only seen the first half of the show. I'll watch the rest tonight but from what I saw, Hollie gave one of her best performances (though as much as I like Adele I'm getting tired of hearing so much of her songs) and Colton gave his worst performance by far (whereas I thought he was fantastic last week). The rest were alright.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, totally agree with you about Elise. She is very good, and I thought she nailed "Let's Get It On," but she does seem like she thinks she's too good for this show. She actually looks pissed off when the judges criticize her. I think she will finally go home this week.

Although Jessica is very good, she sings like she's 40 years old and it's just kind of off-putting.

DH and I loved Skylar last night! She just seems so comfortable on the stage and gives her all with every performance. I feel like I'm watching a professional entertainer, not an AI contestant.

I don't trust DialIdol anymore. They're just not accurate with the text and online votes. A week or two ago, they were totally wrong on the bottom three.

I may be mean, but I still think it would be kind of funny if Jessica were in the bottom this week. Jennifer Lopez's head would explode!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I hope Colton doesn't go home...he is one of my favorites. Not sure I want him to win but I would like to see him in the top 3.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope Dial Idol is upside down.. yes they had Joshua as safe last week and we were told he was bottom two. Maybe there is hope. And Jennifer's head exploding (virtually) would be just fine.

And this week they still say anyone could go home except J/J and Phillip. We'll see in a few hours. Think I'll be checking here for east coast spoiling!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I got the impression from the screams that Colton would be more popular than Phillip with the voters (assuming most are teenage girls)???

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I liked Colton and Jessica last night. Phillips songs are all starting to sound the same.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
No spoiling tonight?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
So far Holly and Elise are in the bottom 3. Joshua and Skylar are safe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah.. ok.. I found some results but if you are actually seeing them.. better.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I am not watching, but I take it, America got it right?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Colton. Phillip. Jessica. Bottom 3 is..........colton

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Bottom 2......colton and Hollie

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Colton in bottom 3. Phillip, jessica safe.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And I thought for sure Elise would finally leave. Shows what I know!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Phillip is not in bottom 3. It is Colton.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Going home is.........colton

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Colton going home

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm kind of surprised by the outcome but I didn't think he'd make it all the way.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
adios Colton

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Did I call it or what!?!?!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Colton is shocked. Holly is crying. Audience booed.

Loremma

04-25-2004

Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I am surprised as well. I thought the teen girls would vote him in to the finals. Now there are only 2 guys left and 4 girls. Maybe a girl will win this year.