TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben : Archive through February 23, 2016 users admin

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I see it being Lauren & Jo Jo as F2. Reality will set in on home town dates & Ben will see Amanda's pkg deal for what it is. Caila is attractive but I don't see as big of a connection there as he has with the others.

I was wandering why Emily was still there but it was obvious last night that she was just holding a spot for where the show was at that point. I sure noticed the immaturity in comparison to the other gals.

Becca is just not very interesting & is somewhat of a downer.

I think either Lauren or Jo Jo (whichever one he doesn't choose for wife) would be the best choice for the new bach-ette. Even Caila would be ok.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Jasper, ITA with your post. These are the best women they've ever featured.

Usually I can only watch a few episodes before I get to feeling ill. I cant watch in real time but I've watched every episode this season via dvr and FF option.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They do seem down to women who do support each other. I thought Becca was sort of petulant at the end. Yes, she asked not to be blindsided, but maybe he hadn't made up his mind at that point. She, of all of them, should know what the show is like and she wanted to have another chance. I'm sure there were others who would have been happy to be on the show in her place, including all those who were sent home the first night, one because he kept add on Becca.

But the support of these women for each other was nice to see last night.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Just watching Ben's connection with Lauren makes me believe she is THE one. For some reason, in the past, I always thought the #2 girl was too distraught to become the next Bachelorette and this is why I initially thought Becca was there for this purpose only. When was the last time an actual #2 was the next Bachelorette? I can't remember.

Regarding the home town dates -- Yes, I think Ben gets a very fast 'reality check' with what life would be like with Amber and her two little girls. I thought the look on his face was priceless.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jasper and Sea for telling me he told her he would not blindside her the night before. I missed her asking him that. Now it makes sense that he was defending his action by saying he just made up his mind.

Yes, all the girls left seem to be very nice people. Refreshing to see them supporting each other.

Since Ben works with children I think maybe the preview was a bit misleading. Surely he knows children get cranky :-) But then again maybe they are "wee wild ones" :-) Aren't they just two and four years old?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Roblover, I think Amanda's children are like 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. They are very close together.

Rvon, the only #2 I can remember who came back to be the Bachelorette was Trista. That's about the time I started watching.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't hear Ben say he wouldn't blindside Becca. She kind of demanded it when they talked but if he promised anything I didn't hear it.

Ben may not work with toddlers.. or maybe he is dying to be instant father to two of them.. and his mother didn't look like she was dying for that either..

Trista was the only #2 and that was long ago in Bachelor time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Back when Trista became the Bachelorette, they were on a totally different schedule when it came to filming (there was quite a length of time between the time she was on the Bachelor and when she started filming the Bachelorette). Now the Bachelorette literally starts filming within a day or two following the Bachelor's AFTR. It's kind of awkward to have the girl that went out second confront the love of her life who ditched her on TV on AFTR and then 30 minutes later she's announced as the Bachelorette.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL that would be a quick rebound.

Similar to Sea, I recall Becca asking that he not blindside her but I don't recall him agreeing. His explanation to her was reasonable.

They usually pick either the #3 or #4 to be the Bachelorette but I think that Becca has a good shot at it even though she was fifth.

I think that Ben is probably the most appealing Bachelor ever from a viewer perspective at this point in the season. He has done very well.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I agree with you about Ben. He is what draws me in every week. I think he is so thoughtful and compassionate with each of the girls' feelings.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I did not hear him promise Becca anything either. I was only explaining what she had said and why she was getting all bolshy with him.

I like Ben too. He is very personable. I do find some of his conversations strained ie the odd ones with Caila.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like his hometown..

In her blog, Sheaffer pointed out that someone should remind the world m end that Ben lives in Colorado, not Indiana.

And the McDonald's product placement... hmm.

So funny, yesterday I was in my car waiting for my patient to be ready to go and he handed me a rose!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol at the product placement ( i feel the same watching Hallmark movies, there's always that Folgerrs)

That was so sweet of him. I gather you accepted his rose. 😀

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Wow, how very sweet of your patient, Sea.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did. He may have found it in trash, but it was in excellent condition.

When I got home I gave it to a young mom nearby since I have a cat who would gleefully eat the rose and knock over a vase too.. second cat in a row like that!

My patients are the BEST!

But it was so funny since I watch The Bachelor and I'm pretty sure he does not.

Luvbbplayers

07-14-2006

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvbbplayers a private message Print Post    
Run. Ben. Run. 😳

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Funny, I was in Laguna Beach on Saturday! They were at the beach there but those homes .. not sure where those are.. Laguna itself isn't like that.. at all. (Amanda and the two daughters.. Amanda's top seemed about to fall off all the time!)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh my, my. Not even sure who Ben should go for now. Jojo's family was a bit scary. The overprotective brothers. The over-botoxed mother who drank straight from the wine/champagne bottle! (Did you all catch that? I had to rewind to make sure -- it was when they were in the kitchen and the brothers were laying into him. Her husband saw her and handed her a glass LOL).

Calia was my pick from the start and I think I may still like her best. She's just adorable and her mom was so cute too.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Amanda seemed like such a sweetheart and I'm sad to see her go. Her daughters were simply adorable!

Of the three that are left, I like Lauren the best. She really lights up when she sees him.

Caila's mother was gorgeous. She looks like her sister.

Yes, Jojo's brothers and mum were something else, to put it mildly. The dad seemed so quiet.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought Caila had a super family and ,yes, her mother was beautiful and just soo nice. Glad Amanda is gone. The whole JoJo hometown was a disaster starting out with the roses and letter from her ex. Soo scripted. They didn't have to include that portion. And her brothers were not kind at all. I'm rooting for either Caila or Lauren. I think either one would make a good B'ette in they're not chosen by Ben. I like Lauren the best.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I loved Caila's parents..

I'm at that point in the show.

I like Lauren, too.

I do think two daughters is a lot at this point..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The daughters were simply adorable, but yes, probably more than Ben was looking for. Takes an extra special man to step into that.

If Calia doesn't win Ben's heart, I hope she's the next Bach-ette.

Yeah, the letter from the ex felt so scripted. Wow, what impeccable timing he had! And she didn't recognize his handwriting right away? WTHeck?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 22, 2016 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
JoJo's mother's lips.. eek..

And the push for Dallas..

And the brothers ..

Yep, she chugged from the bottle but maybe there wasn't much left..

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Jojo's mom drinking from the bottle cracked us up!! It seemed like Jojo's date was longer than most of them. One thing I did like about her date was how they were all in the kitchen talking...that seemed more real. Or least how most of the conversations in my house take place. Argyle isn't Dallas. It's a good hour maybe more north.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Id love to move to Argyl. Id like to find about 10 acres. So expensive!!!
I thought it was going to be JoJo but that hometown meeting....