TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2012: UK Celebrity Big Brother: Archive through January 11, 2012 users admin

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I forgot a special surprise for Mama - from http://twitter.com/#!/BBUKLive/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FYW74h3AL

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
ewwww.... I can hardly wait to see them. NOT!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Michael always seems bewildered about what he's doing there. He doesn't seem like he'd have the momentum to actually make the decision to actively leave though, fingers crossed.

So the first eviction is tomorrow, WEDNESDAY, not Thursday like I said before, then the second eviction is FRIDAY. I wonder if they'll have live nominations or something, or maybe everyone up... two days isn't a lot of time to sort out another round of voting.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is on Neil Patrick Harris' twitter today. If only!!!

ActuallyNPH Neil Patrick Harris
I've found a new TV obsession: Celebrity Big Brother UK. Can't stop watching YouTube videos! I so badly want to partake!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Oh my! That would be the best CBB ever!!!!!

Have they ever had a really big current star like him on before? The ones I've seen have all had mostly "B" listers at best. Mostly wanna-bes, has-beens and never-weres.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've had a few big names in presenters, but mostly they were really big names a few years before, and then were on the slide. I don't remember them having any actor who was either that big OR that current, let alone both. Shame it will never happen, it would be amazing.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
nph has been a huge BB usa fan for years. I remember Dr Will talking about him.

there are a few celebrities for which BB is a secret passtime :-)

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Remember NPH delivered "Christmas in July" presents to the BBUS Allstars???
And yep, Sun - Dr. Will had a HUGE crush on him!! Well, not really crush - he did sort of idolize him though.

Would be huge if he did it (maybe then those other celebs would want to do it too)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Imagine NPH there with Kirk and Frankie! Poor guy!

Poor Michael today, crying over his son's photos. I like the mellow Michael.

I have a question for North Americans... given this:

nescafe

would you know how to make coffee? None of the Americans seem to.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Although I haven't used instant coffee in 30 years, I remember that we always used to have Nescafe in the house for a quick cup because the percolator on the stove took too long to make coffee. Then we go our first electric percolator and never bought instant again.

I'd think most people could figure it out, if only from reading the directions. Unless of course, they were a big star who was used to having other people do everything for him/her.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
instant coffee is for poor folk, not celebrities LOL\

i'm being tongue in cheek. my parents used instant coffee since buying fresh ground is much more expensive. also, in the old days, you needed a percolator and it actually took a bit of time for a nice cup. Nowadays with these "mr Coffee" type coffee machines, its way easier and faster. Howver, you do have to have the right grind or the coffee is blechhy

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
There will be an hour of live feed shown after the eviction tonight. I really miss live feed, so I hope they are slowly bringing it back!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wondered if it had just been so long since instant coffee was used in the US that no one knew what it was. Instant is still more popular than "proper" coffee in the UK, maybe because we always have a kettle on the boil, I don't know. When we first came here and had friends round who wanted coffee, we used to serve them instant and now looking back I wonder what they thought. None of them said anything though. I should have known it was strange, as instant's so hard to find here.

Finally the promised hour of live feed eh?! So tonight it's:

1-2pm Eviction
2-3pm Live feed
3-4pm BOTS

and that's repeated on Friday. Tomorrow's just the 1-2pm Show and 2-3pm BOTS.

It's an odd time to have live feed, as I always think it's a bit of a mess just after the eviction, they don't seem to know when they can leave their seats, then they're all too mentally exhausted to do much.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I am finally caught up with the show and the BOTS, but I am working this afternoon and will miss the eviction. If anyone watches it live and doesn't mind spoiling who goes I would be very grateful!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Since I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, I'll come on after the show just to post who left. I cannot possibly do the type of spoilers you do so well.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I'm actually at home with my son who dropped a weight on his ankle in weightlifting class - so I'm waiting to see if it's going to swell up worse or get better...

If I can find a stream, I can try to spoil (that's a big HINT for a PM to anyone in the know )

That's if I'm not running back and forth to the kitchen feeding this pitiful teenager (or worse case scenario - in the x-ray room)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Check your messages Sarasmile.

Hope your "baby" is feeling better.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mama- he's sleeping off the pain. I think the ibuprofen and ice helped the swelling. If he would just stay that way through BB... but no kid ever stays asleep when you want them to, right?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Lots of boos for Andrew - cheers for Georgia... could this be a male first-out?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I won't go into the fairy tale task too much since most of you will watch later, but there were a couple HMs not too thrilled with the character assigned to them!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
ok, Brian has made a couple pretty catty remarks about Andrew... it's uncomfortable... oh, I just don't like him as presenter.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
First evicted HM is
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Andrew

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Just posting who is out.

Andrew gone in a little pony ride.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Evicted HM did not come out front doors - brought out in pumpkin coach with trumpets.... different

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks Mama - I was afraid to post without a spoiler box!

Poor Georgia - had to name 2 HMs to be up for Friday's eviction -
she named Nicola and Natasha