TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2011: Celebrity Big Brother: Archive through August 27, 2011 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I quite liked the first American Pie movie, it had sweet moments hidden in with the grossness, the sequels not so much. They're filming another one apparently, and Tara will be in it.

Just starting watching yesterday's show... I saw talk of "sweatgate" yesterday, I guess it'll be in there...

First eviction show is 1-2pm today, BOTS is 3.05-4.05pm (all Pacific Time).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
TV schedule through to the end, all times Pacific:

Fri 26 1-2pm Celebrity Big Brother: Live Eviction
Fri 26 3.05-4.05pm CBBBOTS

Sat 27 1.15-2.15 Celebrity Big Brother
Sat 27 2.15-3.20 BOTS

Sun 28 2-3pm CBB
Sun 28 3-4pm BOTS

Mon 29 2-3pm CBB
Mon 29 3-4pm BOTS

Tue 30 2-3pm CBB
Tue 30 3-4pm BOTS

Wed 31 1-2pm Celebrity Big Brother: Live Eviction mid week eviction
Wed 31 2-3pm BOTS

Thu 01 2-3pm CBB
Thu 01 3-4pm BOTS

Fri 02 1-2pm Celebrity Big Brother: Live Eviction
Fri 02 3-4pm BOTS

Sat 03 9.45-10.50pm CBB
Sat 03 10.45-11.45pm BOTS

Sun 04 2-3pm CBB
Sun 04 3-4pm BOTS

Mon 05 2-3pm CBB
Mon 05 3-4pm BOTS

Tue 06 2-3pm CBB
Tue 06 3-4pm BOTS

Wed 07 2-3pm CBB
Wed 07 3-4pm BOTS

Thu 08 1-1.30pm Celebrity Big Brother: The Inside Story An insider's view of Big Brother as programme-makers, former housemates and presenters reveal the stories behind the headlines and chart the highs and lows of the reality show.
Thu 08 1.30-3pm Celebrity Big Brother: The Final After three weeks of nominations, tasks, evictions and Jedward, the nail-biting moment has arrived for the remaining celebrities as Brian Dowling announces which of them has been voted as the public's favourite. Big Brother continues tomorrow, with a fresh set of hopeful members of the public moving in.
Thu 08 3-4pm BOTS

So mid-week eviction next week, but so far they haven't updating the program guide for evictions mid week in the final week. And a whole day to clean up before the newbies on September 9th!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today's daytime pre-eviction tweet highlights:

DING DING DING DING!!! Housemates have just been woken by what sounds like an army drill! Oh my!
0930: Jedward are in the Bedroom styling their hair. Maintaining that Jedstyle sure takes a lot of commitment!
0937: Jedward's response to finding out the Gym is open for 2hrs: 'Its totally more important to have cool hair than go to gym!'
1011: Bobby is in the Bathroom, teaching Jedward the fundamentals of shaving their faces the model way
1007: Kerry & Lucien have crept back into bed & ARE having a chat whilst Kerry is enjoying some cereal
1050: Big Brother just gave Kerry a blackboard so the Housemates can do their shopping list They have a budget of £500
1114: Shopping budget is tough but Darryn, Bobby, Tara & Jedward are doing well, they are 10 very different housemates after all!
1241: Lucien is saying he would love a cheeseburger, whereas health conscience Bobby is munching on cottage cheese!
1315: Now Amy is dying Darryn's hair! He likes to maintain those highlighter pink locks!
1335: Paddy: 'Behind every great man, there has to be a great woman.' What a sweetie!
The House is quiet, but Jedward are up to mischief...... http://tinyurl.com/3za92yo
1444: Tara, Paddy, Lucien, Bobby & Pamela are discussing tonight's impending eviction
1600: Paddy is asking Jedward about their accent and why they don't sound very Irish?
1609: Lucien & Paddy are discussing Darryn's love for his parrot and how he really misses him!
1646: Darryn is telling Sally & Paddy that he is going to bake some scones. Yum!
Paddy and Darryn are having a bit of a moan about the cleanliness of the House
Housemates are gathered in the bedroom until further notice. Bobby is doing some exercises on the floor.

What a thrill-a-minute. And remember those are the highlights ;).

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the schedule Kitt. Without you I wouldn't know which way was up.

Your work is appreciated. My problem is trying to remember to watch. At least this time there are plenty of legal places to watch later in the day.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're very welcome. And yes, I'm finding youtube extremely helpful this year!

Anyone watching the live show eviction show? It's starting now. I'm going to SPOIL, so if anyone wants to save the surprise until later they should probably look away for the next hour!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I do like the new style of montages they have on the show. Gives a lot of feel of what's going on without having to spend too long on it.

Ooo with the telephone numbers Bobby's getting big boos, Kerry's getting cheers, and Sally's getting boos but maybe not as much as Bobby. From that I'm guessing Bobby will go, because Sally's fans are going to be more enthusiastic in voting for her to stay, and those who don't like Bobby will know to vote for Sally as Kerry's safe... at least I hope she's safe!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Why did one of Jedward have a bra on his hat? That was funnier than their "workout."

IF the crowd is any indication, Kerry is staying, but it's a toss up between Bobby and Sally.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Because he's a Jedward would be my answer ;). They fascinate me!

This "vote to save" idea is interesting, it's a lot less easy to predict who goes. The bookies have Sally to go but I think it might be Bobby.

Arggg, don't like the look of the spike cup task. Even though I knew I'd be safe I don't think I could do that!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is it usual to not having started shaving at 19? Or do they mean not wet shaved??

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It doesn't look as if they need to shave. That is old to not need a shave. Some fellows need to start shaving at 14.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought so. Maybe their infantile behaviour has some genetic roots.

Eviction time!

First person evicted from Celebrity Big Brother 2011 is

Sally!

Oooo they played the boos and cheers to them!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wonder what Bobby's going to do now he knows the audience booed him so badly. And whether the others will nominate him (although I think they would have nominated him anyway).

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
1% between her and Bobby!

I don't think Sally realises Kerry's early tantrums were part of that task.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Marco Pierre White (celebrity chef) is going to be in the house tomorrow! never heard of him!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Never heard of him either. Won't it be funny if none of the house guests ever heard of him. I'd have rather had Sally stay than Bobby, but I'm glad Kerry stayed. I have no idea who she is or what she did to embarrass her so much, but she seems like a nice normal (whatever that is) young woman.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She's been a bit like a tame version of Britney Spears really. She was in a girl band, married and had kids with someone from a boy band, she became bipolar, had issues with drugs and then prescription drugs and then alcohol. The embarrassing incident they talk about was when she did a morning tv interview and her voice was really slurred, but she does seem to have cleaned herself up. Like Britney Spears, although the press hounded her it seems like a lot of the public root for her, my guess is because she's so clearly nice and normal, even if she has made mistakes.

I worry a bit about her though because I think they showed a clip of her saying she has stopped taking her bipolar medication. If I heard that right I think she's asking for trouble, because if you stop taking the meds you gradually slip back into the destructive behaviour, I don't think it's something that can be controlled without the meds - you think you can but you can't. It would be awful for her and her children if she slipped back.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I just finished yesterday's show with the Wizard of Oz task. Thank goodness my son was not home because I'm embarrassed to admit I spent the second half of it NOT holding my tears back very well. I was so touched by Darryn's reaction to being called cold-hearted and his struggle with why people see him that way. Those were very real, very raw emotions he displayed, along with Bobby and Sally. And for as vile as it was for Bobby to put sweat in Darryn's drink (who could even think of doing that?) - I was very proud that he felt really bad about it and apologized to him. I think for anyone (especially after doing something particularly revolting), owning up to doing wrong, saying you're sorry, and admitting you see things differently is very hard to do.
These are the moments that make watching (hours and hours of) Big Brother so worthwhile.

Phew- had to get that off my chest! Nobody else I know watches this darn show, so you guys will have to put up with my rambling opinions every so often :-)

Now I'm off to find the eviction show - which I doubt will make me cry (or will it?)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Rambling opinions are always good!

I wasn't convinced Darryn was sincere. He was shocked for sure, but I didn't know how heartfelt his actions were and how much they were done to make the others (and perhaps more importantly the viewing public) think better of him. Maybe I'm a cynic ;).

Bobby was good to apologise but he seems to act so much in haste. Like the sweat thing (yuck - I'm surprised BB didn't stop that happening, maybe they didn't realise he was going to make him drink it) seemed like a sudden thought, then the apology almost seemed as sudden, like he could change his mind back again any minute. I think he had no reputation when he went in the house, now has a bad reputation, so I'm not sure it's much of a win for him. But then maybe any exposure is good if you have none and you need it.

Sally on the other hand - came in with a bad reputation and I think she improved people's perceptions of her. And it's possibly a good thing she went out so soon, as if she got too catty she might have got people against her again.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I doubt you're a cynic, Kitt - I think that maybe I over-identified with Darryn's situation. I went through something similar at my current job - not that people thought I was cold-hearted, just that they thought I was bossy and know-it-all. When in reality, I took the job because the company was relatively young, and I thought they were looking for people with experience and new ideas! It was very hurtful and I felt his pain... whether real or imagined (insert dramatic eye roll).

I definitely agree with you about Sally - I liked her, but I could see NOT liking her if she got increasingly ill-tempered.

I like Pamela- but definitely understand why she would be hard to live with. Same with Jedward - I completely appreciate their "world" - but I couldn't live with them!! Also, I thought Jedward said they didn't shave very often because they waxed instead. I could have heard that wrong, though.

I miss the live feeds - but I have enjoyed the episodes. I think we may start to see a change toward a more uncomfortable environment - celebrities HATE that!
Also, I don't remember the chef's name - the one coming in next week, but does he do the UK version of Hell's Kitchen? His poses looked very, um... Hell's Kitchen-y.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're right! According to wikiland he was the head chef on seasons 3 and 4 of Hell's Kitchen (UK) but then did his own show with bad ratings, that killed chances of more Hell's Kitchen!

Sorry about your bad experience :-(. I hope it has improved there.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt! It's ok there now - taught me a very humbling lesson. But at the same time, taught me the value of keeping my mouth shut- gotta keep your job no matter what!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Saturday tweets:

0827: Darryn's out of the blocks and doing laps of the pool, the rest of the housemates are asleep
0850: The lights are on and a sleepy Jedward have emerged from under duvets. Pamela is giving the room a spruce
0930: Darryn's catching rays in his golden hotpants
1016: Darryn is plane spotting and is trying to engage Lucien and Tara in his new past time. Tara doesn't seem to fussed
1153: The clouds have just rolled over. The sunbathers aren't happy, Paddy's shouting "Ya Sausage!" at the sky
1205: Amy's painting John's nails black, completing Jedwards Gothic look for today
1240: Jedward are telling Bobby about wild mushroom picking with their Granddad when they were younger
1248: Jedward on cooking with their new look: "Oh my God, we can't use garlic!" Are onions, garlic and carrots bad for vampires?
1255: Amy has opened up a beauty table in the Garden and is currently managing Bobby's cuticles. "Round or square Bob?"
1315: Jedward have just cooked lunch under Pamela's supervision. Bobby's just added a pinch of salt to perfect it. Good work HM's
1423: Tara's School of Drama is open. Tara's giving the twins scenes to act out.
1505 The housemates have just Received the Big Brother's Big Cook Off Task!
1526: The housemates are getting fabulous in their whites and signature team headbands
1545: Read more about the 'Big Cook Off' Task here http://preview.tinyurl.com/3j9ej2y
1611: Marco was a little intimidating at first but the housemates warmed to him after he asked them about their backgrounds
17:23 Marco Pierre White is tasting the Housemates' culinary efforts. They all look fairly terrified!
Marco Pierre White has now tasted all the dishes created by the Housemates. He must now choose a winning team and a losing team.
1829: Darryn is admirinG his checkered chef trousers. He is wondering if he'll get to keep them. They're definitely his style!
1838: Kerry is saying how scary Marco was but they all agree he had great charisma... ...Are our celebs starstruck?

I like how they always keep them busy with tasks or parties. I think this lot are mostly so amenable if they didn't there wouldn't be much to show except squabbles over cleaning.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Today's show:

Ketchup on tuna????? UGH!!!

Pamela did ALL of the talking to her daughter. Most mothers might have been interested in hearing what the daughter has been doing. I don't think the kid got a word in.

I really cannot stand Jedward. I would have slapped one or both of them by now.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I won't be able to watch the show until later but ketchup on tuna does not sound good!

Jedward would be impossible to live with but from a voyeuristic perspective I find them fascinating. Like watching bugs or something!

If there's an eviction Wednesday, I wonder when they'll nominate. I think Darryn, Pamela and Bobby will be up.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Pamela for sure. I sort of like Darryn, but I see some of them don't like him. Bobby should have left last night. I just don't like him. The ones I really like at this point are Kerry, Lucien and Paddy.